Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
sometimes I wonder.....do extreme Alex fans really care about Nate's well being, like some try to.......or

are they worried that Nate would do better than Alex.....which would basically mean the end for Alex in a 9er uniform... OH THE HORROR

Nate has shown he has a better feel for the game than Alex (early in his career and maybe still now)

3rd stringers or not Nate showed at 1:05 nice touch on this pass.....then came right back with a bullet for a 2pt conversion...

if we are eliminated from the playoffs and Alex is still struggling...then we better throw Nate in there......and see how he responds...if he plays well, Great we don't have to spend a 1st pick on a QB or sign or trade for a big name QB.........the clock is ticking.

If Alex steps up and plays well and we make the playoffs then that is even better.

why are you and so many other Smith haters so obssessed with Smith being a bust? Wouldn't you rather he succeed and end the "who will be the QB" problem? But the problem is just like the others your hatred for Smith blinds the fact that he has improved and still continues to improve every week. While you are screaming at your TV for Singletary to put Hill in as the starter I will be sitting back enjoying the game watching and realizing that Smith very well could be the answer. Then again he could not be the answer as well. but I will let time decide that instead of jumping to a conclusion because I hate the guy. So what has Smith done to all you haters out there? Did he sleep with your sister? Maybe knocked up your mom? I know he killed your dog. that has to be it

Did you even read my post.....read the last sentence again.....
Quote:

"If Alex steps up and plays well and we make the playoffs then that is even better."

also, I have said numerous times... I don't hate Alex...hate is a strong word..... I actually think he is a good person...but just has not been a good QB early in his career so far....the problem is I am not patient anymore...we have a good team here....and we are still in the playoff hunt....we can't be turning the ball over....just like Alex has EVERY single game he as played this year......our offensive strategy is to win close games...we can not win close games on a consistent basis by having our QB turning the ball over every game.....think back to the Colts game....we could have won that game....it didn't help that Alex threw an INT.....the Colts ended up in great field position and got an easy score.....in a close game.....

same thing against the Titans.....TWICE late in the 4th qtr.
same thing against the Bears.....good thing Cutler gave it right back to us....over and over.

You're obsessed with INTs, but for some reason, 3-and-outs are perfectly acceptable.

Here's a quick summary of what happens when 3-and-outs mount up quickly: See Atlanta and Houston games. We lose field position, the defense tires, and just like that, the game gets out of reach.

Here's a summary of what happens when you throw a pick or 2, but are at least able to move the ball: See Tennessee game. We'll remain in the game, at the very least. I'd take 34-27 or 45-10 and 21-0. Hill's offense (turnovers or not) was flat-out embarrassing. Have you been a fan all along? I've been a fan for over 25 years, and I've never seen such a pathetic and limited offense. I've seen some pretty horrible ones, led by QBs such as Rattay, Stenstrom, etc.

Smith's offense is much, much better. It's really amazing how anyone could not see that. All he needs to do is cut down on his INTs, which is possible. Shaun Hill would need to increase his arm strength, accuracy, mobility, etc. It's not possible. Thankfully, the 49ers agree with me. Going across the U.S. and letting other teams see the 49ers reduced to Shaun Hill firing ducks to Isaac Bruce was painful.

Now, the U.S. gets to see Smith fire bullets to Crabtree. The future is looking bright for those of us who have moved on and left Shaun Hill in the dust, just like the 49ers coaches have.

When INT's lead to an average of 9 points a game for the opposition, then Yes. I'm gonna obsess about them. Have you ever wondered why the team the wins the turnover battle typically wins the game. You can't say the same about 3&outs though...

You can if you lead the league in them.

Then how come Hill has won a higher % of his starts? Or how come the team scores more points per game this year with Hill as the starting QB? Kinda weird stats when Smith is supposed to be the messiah, huh?

scored more points with Hill? Hmm lets see against the falcons 10 points. Against the Texans 0 points

Yup, Hill wasn't allowed to finish the Texans game so you can't count that; but even with a lowly 10 against the Falcons, with Hill at QB we average 22 points per game. With Smith, it's only 17...

But, here's what you seriously miss... I don't think Hill is all that good. As a matter of fact, he kinda sucks. My point is that Alex is even worse.

Take the #13 glasses off, my friend. He wasn't allowed to finish the game because he didn't deserve to. Here, I'll give you brand new shades. These ones don't have #11 or #13 on them. They're crystal clear.

Now, let's analyze without any bias.

15 points per game vs. 20 points per game. I'll take the 20.

One thing I know about you is that you're not capable of analyzing without any bias. The second is you fail at reading comprehension.

Lets just see how good he does tomorrow and start this conversation back up again...

Because my opinion differs from yours? I'm just stating facts. Why look at what the whole team is doing when it comes to scoring? You want to reward Hill for punting the ball against the Rams, leading to 7 points? You want to reward Hill for the defense not allowing Minnesota to score at the end of the half, resulting in a blocked FG for a TD?

Let's just compare apples to apples: offensive output.

Hill's offense was averaging 15 points per game.

Smith's offense is averaging 20 points per game, with a lot less 3-and-outs.

Comprehend that please and get back to me, without any bias.

Yup, Hill 22 PPG for games he's started and finished and Smith 17 PPG for games hes started and finished.

But if you want to count games they played in that would put Smith at what 8 losses out of his last 9 games. Where's Hill at? Oh, only 4 losses out of his last 9...

Where does NFL.com have these guys rated? Shaun Hill #36 and Alex # 37 in QB Rate

We'll talk tomorrow

out of 9 games? The last game Smith played before he took over for the ineffective Hill was back in 2007! So lets talk this season!

Hill has played in 4 1/2 games
Smith has started in 2 1/2 games

Go with those seems how this season is the relevant one.

What is this, selective stats now? How about we only count games that Smith has won and games that Hill has lost? This goes back to the analyzing without bias thing I was talking about... You guys are ridiculous...

No, you're ridiculously biased and it shows. The fact that you're telling us to talk about it after the game shows what kind of fan you are too. You probably want Smith to do bad just so you can come on here and swing from Hill's nuts again. How about just be a fan and root for who we have at QB, just like I did when Hill took over for O'Sullivan last year? This year, he's ineffective, so I didn't mind Smith coming in. Right away, I noticed the offense was much better with Smith, and now I'm backing him.
sometimes I wonder.....do extreme Alex fans really care about Nate's well being, like some try to.......or

are they worried that Nate would do better than Alex.....which would basically mean the end for Alex in a 9er uniform... OH THE HORROR

Nate has shown he has a better feel for the game than Alex (early in his career and maybe still now)

3rd stringers or not Nate showed at 1:05 nice touch on this pass.....then came right back with a bullet for a 2pt conversion...

if we are eliminated from the playoffs and Alex is still struggling...then we better throw Nate in there......and see how he responds...if he plays well, Great we don't have to spend a 1st pick on a QB or sign or trade for a big name QB.........the clock is ticking.

If Alex steps up and plays well and we make the playoffs then that is even better.

why are you and so many other Smith haters so obssessed with Smith being a bust? Wouldn't you rather he succeed and end the "who will be the QB" problem? But the problem is just like the others your hatred for Smith blinds the fact that he has improved and still continues to improve every week. While you are screaming at your TV for Singletary to put Hill in as the starter I will be sitting back enjoying the game watching and realizing that Smith very well could be the answer. Then again he could not be the answer as well. but I will let time decide that instead of jumping to a conclusion because I hate the guy. So what has Smith done to all you haters out there? Did he sleep with your sister? Maybe knocked up your mom? I know he killed your dog. that has to be it

Quote:

"If Alex steps up and plays well and we make the playoffs then that is even better."

also, I have said numerous times... I don't hate Alex...hate is a strong word..... I actually think he is a good person...but just has not been a good QB early in his career so far....the problem is I am not patient anymore...we have a good team here....and we are still in the playoff hunt....we can't be turning the ball over....just like Alex has EVERY single game he as played this year......our offensive strategy is to win close games...we can not win close games on a consistent basis by having our QB turning the ball over every game.....think back to the Colts game....we could have won that game....it didn't help that Alex threw an INT.....the Colts ended up in great field position and got an easy score.....in a close game.....

same thing against the Bears.....good thing Cutler gave it right back to us....over and over.

You're obsessed with INTs, but for some reason, 3-and-outs are perfectly acceptable.

Here's a quick summary of what happens when 3-and-outs mount up quickly: See Atlanta and Houston games. We lose field position, the defense tires, and just like that, the game gets out of reach.

Here's a summary of what happens when you throw a pick or 2, but are at least able to move the ball: See Tennessee game. We'll remain in the game, at the very least. I'd take 34-27 or 45-10 and 21-0. Hill's offense (turnovers or not) was flat-out embarrassing. Have you been a fan all along? I've been a fan for over 25 years, and I've never seen such a pathetic and limited offense. I've seen some pretty horrible ones, led by QBs such as Rattay, Stenstrom, etc.

Smith's offense is much, much better. It's really amazing how anyone could not see that. All he needs to do is cut down on his INTs, which is possible. Shaun Hill would need to increase his arm strength, accuracy, mobility, etc. It's not possible. Thankfully, the 49ers agree with me. Going across the U.S. and letting other teams see the 49ers reduced to Shaun Hill firing ducks to Isaac Bruce was painful.

Now, the U.S. gets to see Smith fire bullets to Crabtree. The future is looking bright for those of us who have moved on and left Shaun Hill in the dust, just like the 49ers coaches have.

When INT's lead to an average of 9 points a game for the opposition, then Yes. I'm gonna obsess about them. Have you ever wondered why the team the wins the turnover battle typically wins the game. You can't say the same about 3&outs though...

Then how come Hill has won a higher % of his starts? Or how come the team scores more points per game this year with Hill as the starting QB? Kinda weird stats when Smith is supposed to be the messiah, huh?

The team scores more points? With Hill at QB, the offense was averaging around 15.2 points per game, through 5.5 games. With Smith at QB, the offense is averaging 20.5 points per game.

Unless...you want to count blocked FGs and muffed punts...because of course, Hill was responsible for that. His presence alone causes the other team to make mistakes.

If you don't understand why we can't count the Texans game then I can't help you. Here's my one and only try at that...

Remember when Smith separated his shoulder and people wanted to count that loss against him? I said that was BS cause he wasn't able to finish that game. Also, I said the same thing when Hill put up a 106 QB rate against min in 2007; because they did not game plan against what Hill did in the second half...

Sorry, but a physical injury isn't the same as coming out of your bye week playing like crap after several weeks of crap.

By the way, even if you don't include the Houston game, Smith still has Hill beat in almost every statistical category.

Except wins and QB rating!

If I fail at reading comprehension, you fail at logic. Hill has played in twice as many more games as Smith, but OK. Hill has more wins than Smith. We'll give you that. He had us on pace for an amazing 8-8 season, until Smith came along and derailed it. How could the 49ers coaches do such a thing?

I'm not sure about the QB rating, but at one point Smith's was higher than Hill's. I'm not sure if that's still the case, although his completion % is much higher than Hill's still, as is his yards per game, points per game, and almost everything else. If you want to focus on INTs, then be my guest. The bottom line is that Favre and Manning also throw a lot of INTs, but they're great QBs. Now, go find me a guy who averages 150 yards per game, leads the league in 3-and-outs, and is still regarded as a great QB?

Take your time. I'll be here, trying to ignore the crickets.

yes, but Alex is not a Great QB like Farve or Manning....he had his chance to prove him self in a tough situation and pick him self up against the Titans...but he threw 2 more picks LATE in the game to cause us to lose a close game....

when has Alex ever shown he is a great QB to over come INTs....

Shaun has shown that even if the playcalling is making it easier for the offense to go three and out...he still has over come this against the Cardinals AT Arizona....against the Vikes AT Minnesota....as well against the Seahawks.

The bottom line is that against the Vikings, we had chances to kill the clock, and we couldn't. We lost the game, but if you want to praise him for it, be my guest. That would be like me giving Alex a win in Indianapolis. The bottom line is we lost. Sure, it isn't all on the QB, but a lot of it is.

Cool. I'm glad you can understand that concept.

Hill has lost 4 of his last 9. Smith has lost 8 of his last 9!

Quote:

scored more points with Hill? Hmm lets see against the falcons 10 points. Against the Texans 0 points

Yup, Hill wasn't allowed to finish the Texans game so you can't count that; but even with a lowly 10 against the Falcons, with Hill at QB we average 22 points per game. With Smith, it's only 17...

But, here's what you seriously miss... I don't think Hill is all that good. As a matter of fact, he kinda sucks. My point is that Alex is even worse.

Take the #13 glasses off, my friend. He wasn't allowed to finish the game because he didn't deserve to. Here, I'll give you brand new shades. These ones don't have #11 or #13 on them. They're crystal clear.

One thing I know about you is that you're not capable of analyzing without any bias. The second is you fail at reading comprehension.

Lets just see how good he does tomorrow and start this conversation back up again...

Because my opinion differs from yours? I'm just stating facts. Why look at what the whole team is doing when it comes to scoring? You want to reward Hill for punting the ball against the Rams, leading to 7 points? You want to reward Hill for the defense not allowing Minnesota to score at the end of the half, resulting in a blocked FG for a TD?

Yup, Hill 22 PPG for games he's started and finished and Smith 17 PPG for games hes started and finished.

But if you want to count games they played in that would put Smith at what 8 losses out of his last 9 games. Where's Hill at? Oh, only 4 losses out of his last 9...

Where does NFL.com have these guys rated? Shaun Hill #36 and Alex # 37 in QB Rate

We'll talk tomorrow

out of 9 games? The last game Smith played before he took over for the ineffective Hill was back in 2007! So lets talk this season!

What is this, selective stats now? How about we only count games that Smith has won and games that Hill has lost? This goes back to the analyzing without bias thing I was talking about... You guys are ridiculous...

selective stats? Why bring up a season that is no longer relevant? This is a what have you done for me lately type of world not a what have you done in the past type of world. The 2009 season is the one that matters. So yes lets talk stats from THIS SEASON! THE SEASON THAT IS GOING ON THIS YEAR! THE SEASON THAT IS RELEVANT TO THE CURRENT SEASON THAT IS STILL IN PROGRESS!

I hope the caps might actually catch your attention and you might spend a little time trying to understand what people write. So again

Smith has played in 2 1/2 games

So please lets refer to these games seems how they are the ones relevant to the current season in progress. As in the only season that matter currently
  • B650
  • Veteran

Quote:

The team scores more points? With Hill at QB, the offense was averaging around 15.2 points per game, through 5.5 games. With Smith at QB, the offense is averaging 20.5 points per game.

Unless...you want to count blocked FGs and muffed punts...because of course, Hill was responsible for that. His presence alone causes the other team to make mistakes.

If you don't understand why we can't count the Texans game then I can't help you. Here's my one and only try at that...

Remember when Smith separated his shoulder and people wanted to count that loss against him? I said that was BS cause he wasn't able to finish that game. Also, I said the same thing when Hill put up a 106 QB rate against min in 2007; because they did not game plan against what Hill did in the second half...

Sorry, but a physical injury isn't the same as coming out of your bye week playing like crap after several weeks of crap.

By the way, even if you don't include the Houston game, Smith still has Hill beat in almost every statistical category.

If I fail at reading comprehension, you fail at logic. Hill has played in twice as many more games as Smith, but OK. Hill has more wins than Smith. We'll give you that. He had us on pace for an amazing 8-8 season, until Smith came along and derailed it. How could the 49ers coaches do such a thing?

I'm not sure about the QB rating, but at one point Smith's was higher than Hill's. I'm not sure if that's still the case, although his completion % is much higher than Hill's still, as is his yards per game, points per game, and almost everything else. If you want to focus on INTs, then be my guest. The bottom line is that Favre and Manning also throw a lot of INTs, but they're great QBs. Now, go find me a guy who averages 150 yards per game, leads the league in 3-and-outs, and is still regarded as a great QB?

yes, but Alex is not a Great QB like Farve or Manning....he had his chance to prove him self in a tough situation and pick him self up against the Titans...but he threw 2 more picks LATE in the game to cause us to lose a close game....

Shaun has shown that even if the playcalling is making it easier for the offense to go three and out...he still has over come this against the Cardinals AT Arizona....against the Vikes AT Minnesota....as well against the Seahawks.

The bottom line is that against the Vikings, we had chances to kill the clock, and we couldn't. We lost the game, but if you want to praise him for it, be my guest. That would be like me giving Alex a win in Indianapolis. The bottom line is we lost. Sure, it isn't all on the QB, but a lot of it is.

In that case, let's just end the season because Jesus Hill has a 5-4 record in his last 9, and this season he was on pace for a stellar 8-8 year. Let's let the NFL know about this statistic. I'm sure all the remaining games will be forfeited and the 49ers will be awarded the Lombardi trophy immediately.

Quote:

We'll talk tomorrow

No, you're ridiculously biased and it shows. The fact that you're telling us to talk about it after the game shows what kind of fan you are too. You probably want Smith to do bad just so you can come on here and swing from Hill's nuts again. How about just be a fan and root for who we have at QB, just like I did when Hill took over for O'Sullivan last year? This year, he's ineffective, so I didn't mind Smith coming in. Right away, I noticed the offense was much better with Smith, and now I'm backing him.

LOL... And there's the reading comprehension failure I was waiting for. I never said I want Smith to do bad and I have said time and again that I think Hill sucks. Even if you only read this chain, you will see that I've said Hill sucks.

BTW thanks for proving my point...
[ Edited by D_Niner on Nov 21, 2009 at 5:23 PM ]

Quote:

In that case, let's just end the season because Jesus Hill has a 5-4 record in his last 9, and this season he was on pace for a stellar 8-8 year. Let's let the NFL know about this statistic. I'm sure all the remaining games will be forfeited and the 49ers will be awarded the Lombardi trophy immediately.

Sweet lets put Hill back in a QB and he can show how ineffective he is again. I wonder how many more blow out games we would see at that point. The only reason Hill is 5-4 is because he was benched because he was ineffective as the starting QB. If he were still the starting QB guess what he would have 3 more losses under his belt making him 5-7
  • B650
  • Veteran

Quote:

We'll talk tomorrow

LOL... And there's the reading comprehension failure I was waiting for. I never said I want Smith to do bad and I have said time and again that I think Hill sucks. Even if you only read this chain, you will see that I've said Hill sucks.

Just because you say Hill sucks, it doesn't mean you're unbiased. You might be biased against Smith. Even if Hill sucks, you'd still continue to argue that he's better than Smith, using ridiculous logic.

Quote:

Do you really think that will work?

We'll probably have to take the hit for the 3 losses Smith has given us so the 8-8 is out the window. But we could probably barter for 6-10...

Quote:

We are losing now....OH NOEZ Jimmy Raye open up the playbook...

Quote:
# San Francisco 49ers at 12:49
# 1-10-SF 20 (12:49) 13-S.Hill pass short right to 88-I.Bruce to SF 30 for 10 yards (52-C.Greenway).
# 1-10-SF 30 (12:07) 29-G.Coffee up the middle to SF 31 for 1 yard (25-T.Johnson).
# 2-9-SF 31 (11:26) 13-S.Hill pass deep right to 85-V.Davis to MIN 38 for 31 yards (20-M.Williams). WATCH HIGHLIGHT
# 1-10-MIN 38 (10:40) 13-S.Hill pass deep right to 88-I.Bruce to MIN 10 for 28 yards (23-C.Griffin, 56-E.Henderson). WATCH HIGHLIGHT
# 1-10-MIN 10 (9:49) PENALTY on SF-13-S.Hill, Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at MIN 10 - No Play.
# 1-15-MIN 15 (9:27) 29-G.Coffee up the middle to MIN 15 for no gain (69-J.Allen, 56-E.Henderson).
# 2-15-MIN 15 (8:43) PENALTY on SF-65-B.Sims, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at MIN 15 - No Play.
# 2-20-MIN 20 (8:17) (Shotgun) 13-S.Hill pass deep middle to 85-V.Davis for 20 yards, TOUCHDOWN. WATCH HIGHLIGHT
WE TAKE A 4 PT LEAD....

so we get the ball back....hmmm what should we do....

Quote:
# San Francisco 49ers at 05:47
# 1-10-SF 27 (5:47) 29-G.Coffee right guard to SF 25 for -2 yards (93-K.Williams; 94-P.Williams).
# 2-12-SF 25 (5:06) 29-G.Coffee right end to SF 20 for -5 yards (91-R.Edwards).
# 3-17-SF 20 (4:22) (Shotgun) 13-S.Hill pass short right to 85-V.Davis to SF 28 for 8 yards (91-R.Edwards; 93-K.Williams).
# 4-9-SF 28 (3:37) 4-A.Lee punts 49 yards to MIN 23, Center-86-B.Jennings. 87-B.Berrian to MIN 28 for 5 yards (55-A.Brooks).

YOU WANT TO BLAME SHAUN FOR THAT 3rd and 17 situations....maybe he should of took a chance and thrown an INT...right?

ok Guess what we have ONE MORE CHANCE....lucky us.....hmmm what should we do...

Quote:
# San Francisco 49ers at 01:49
# 1-10-SF 47 (1:49) 29-G.Coffee right guard to SF 49 for 2 yards (93-K.Williams, 56-E.Henderson).
# Timeout #1 by MIN at 01:45.
# 2-8-SF 49 (1:45) 29-G.Coffee up the middle to MIN 49 for 2 yards (94-P.Williams).
# Timeout #2 by MIN at 01:41.
# 3-6-MIN 49 (1:41) 29-G.Coffee right end to MIN 47 for 2 yards (56-E.Henderson).
# 4-4-MIN 47 (1:36) 4-A.Lee punts 47 yards to end zone, Center-86-B.Jennings, Touchback.

THREE STRAIGHT F'N RUNS WITH GLEN COFFEE.
you want to blame that on Shaun Hill....be my guess...I'm sure you're thinking...its Shaun's fault that the coaches don't trust him....EVEN THOUGH HE JUST GOT THEM A 4pt LEAD 2 series ago....

Quote:

We'll talk tomorrow

Just because you say Hill sucks, it doesn't mean you're unbiased. You might be biased against Smith. Even if Hill sucks, you'd still continue to argue that he's better than Smith, using ridiculous logic.

You still have failed to show a single fault in my logic and you have clearly shown time and again that you fail at reading comprehension and unbiased analysis.

Anyways, good luck to you and your blind love with Smith. I hope that he becomes the QB that you dream of some day...

Quote:

Sweet lets put Hill back in a QB and he can show how ineffective he is again. I wonder how many more blow out games we would see at that point. The only reason Hill is 5-4 is because he was benched because he was ineffective as the starting QB. If he were still the starting QB guess what he would have 3 more losses under his belt making him 5-7

Still better than 8 losses out of his last 9 games.

Quote:

Quote:
# 1-10-SF 20 (12:49) 13-S.Hill pass short right to 88-I.Bruce to SF 30 for 10 yards (52-C.Greenway).
# 1-10-SF 30 (12:07) 29-G.Coffee up the middle to SF 31 for 1 yard (25-T.Johnson).
# 2-9-SF 31 (11:26) 13-S.Hill pass deep right to 85-V.Davis to MIN 38 for 31 yards (20-M.Williams). WATCH HIGHLIGHT
# 1-10-MIN 38 (10:40) 13-S.Hill pass deep right to 88-I.Bruce to MIN 10 for 28 yards (23-C.Griffin, 56-E.Henderson). WATCH HIGHLIGHT
# 1-10-MIN 10 (9:49) PENALTY on SF-13-S.Hill, Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at MIN 10 - No Play.
# 1-15-MIN 15 (9:27) 29-G.Coffee up the middle to MIN 15 for no gain (69-J.Allen, 56-E.Henderson).
# 2-15-MIN 15 (8:43) PENALTY on SF-65-B.Sims, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at MIN 15 - No Play.
# 2-20-MIN 20 (8:17) (Shotgun) 13-S.Hill pass deep middle to 85-V.Davis for 20 yards, TOUCHDOWN. WATCH HIGHLIGHT
WE TAKE A 4 PT LEAD....

Quote:
# 1-10-SF 27 (5:47) 29-G.Coffee right guard to SF 25 for -2 yards (93-K.Williams; 94-P.Williams).
# 3-17-SF 20 (4:22) (Shotgun) 13-S.Hill pass short right to 85-V.Davis to SF 28 for 8 yards (91-R.Edwards; 93-K.Williams).
# 4-9-SF 28 (3:37) 4-A.Lee punts 49 yards to MIN 23, Center-86-B.Jennings. 87-B.Berrian to MIN 28 for 5 yards (55-A.Brooks).

YOU WANT TO BLAME SHAUN FOR THAT 3rd and 17 situations....maybe he should of took a chance and thrown an INT...right?

Quote:
# 1-10-SF 47 (1:49) 29-G.Coffee right guard to SF 49 for 2 yards (93-K.Williams, 56-E.Henderson).
# 2-8-SF 49 (1:45) 29-G.Coffee up the middle to MIN 49 for 2 yards (94-P.Williams).
# 3-6-MIN 49 (1:41) 29-G.Coffee right end to MIN 47 for 2 yards (56-E.Henderson).
# 4-4-MIN 47 (1:36) 4-A.Lee punts 47 yards to end zone, Center-86-B.Jennings, Touchback.

you want to blame that on Shaun Hill....be my guess...I'm sure you're thinking...its Shaun's fault that the coaches don't trust him....EVEN THOUGH HE JUST GOT THEM A 4pt LEAD 2 series ago....

Smith is being put in the same situations! Are are you so blind that you can't see that? The only difference is that Smith doesn't go 3 and out every time he walks on the field in those situations. so yes lets blame Hill

Quote:

Still better than 8 losses out of his last 9 games.

then you add the losses for the remainder of the season and Hill would be 5-14
  • B650
  • Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
WE TAKE A 4 PT LEAD....

Quote:

Quote:

I feel bad for you that you took the time to analyze all these stats, to prove...absolutely nothing.

The same thing happens with Smith. We come out firing against the Bears and drive down the field, what do we do for the remainder of the game? Run.

We destroy Indianapolis at the end of the half to go up 14-6. Smith and the offense look unstoppable. What do we do to start the 2nd half? We start running out the clock.

The bottom line is, stop blaming everyone except Hill. Both QBs have to deal with the same crappy OC.

Quote:

We'll talk tomorrow

selective stats? Why bring up a season that is no longer relevant? This is a what have you done for me lately type of world not a what have you done in the past type of world. The 2009 season is the one that matters. So yes lets talk stats from THIS SEASON! THE SEASON THAT IS GOING ON THIS YEAR! THE SEASON THAT IS RELEVANT TO THE CURRENT SEASON THAT IS STILL IN PROGRESS!

I hope the caps might actually catch your attention and you might spend a little time trying to understand what people write. So again

Smith has played in 2 1/2 games

So please lets refer to these games seems how they are the ones relevant to the current season in progress. As in the only season that matter currently

You mean 3 and 1/2 games for Smith right..

Ok, lets only use the stats you want to use above... So Smith has 3 losses out of his last 4 and Shaun has 3 losses out of his last 6. 50% is still much better than 25%.
Share 49ersWebzone