Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Originally posted by Mex49:
What does it matter? He is starting until he gets hurt or replaced next year. Deal with it.

I wouldn't bet on it. If he tanks the next two or three games .. we could have a QB carousel. Singletary DOESN"T have patience when it comes to failure. We've already seen a lot of that.

... and if it seems like the season is about to go down the drain, we're even likely to see Nate Davis behind the helm just to see if he can do any better.

And why not? He needs to see what he's got in his QB's and make the necessary preparations for the upcoming draft. Will he need or not need a QB? .. and what point in the draft does he select one? First, Second .. Third Selection?

sorry don't plan on Smith being taken out even if he tanks the next 2 games. He will be the starter for the remainder of the season.

and Singletary can kiss his job good bye....and if this is indeed the case.....he would deserve it...and I'm a Singletary fan.

The Hill supporters coming out under their rocks now invading all the threads...

STOP FOLLOWING ME

but is it not true.... if Sing goes out like Nolan...betting all his cards on Alex if Alex is tankx these next few games????.... Young Jed would have a reason to fire the guy... I mean he did say on camera that last year was the last year our season ends early.

He did say that, but I think he realizes that the way things were headed with Hill at QB, our season would've ended in November, not December. The bottom line is that you could argue it either way. You could say Jed could fire Singletary if he leaves Hill in there, or you could say Jed could fire Singletary if he puts Smith in there. I don't think the lack of a QB on this team should have anything to do with Singletary's job security.

exactly! Singletary won't get fired for putting the best QB option we have on the team under center. If he would have left Hill as the QB he might as well have just quit because he would have been fired for sure!

When Young Jed made those comments....alot of that came from the confidence of the personal and the coaching..... that personal included Shaun those last 8 games....he helped Singletary keep the job.....

so as far as Jed is considered....he made those comments thinking Shaun would be the QB.....now that Shaun isn't there and we have won 1 of our last 5 games and Alex started 3 of those games and counting.....I believe he could use Sing and Alex as the scape goat and the end of the year (if we struggle).....

then Jed can bring in Shanny or Holmgrem and SanDiegoNiner can bust the biggest you know what.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Originally posted by Mex49:
What does it matter? He is starting until he gets hurt or replaced next year. Deal with it.

I wouldn't bet on it. If he tanks the next two or three games .. we could have a QB carousel. Singletary DOESN"T have patience when it comes to failure. We've already seen a lot of that.

... and if it seems like the season is about to go down the drain, we're even likely to see Nate Davis behind the helm just to see if he can do any better.

And why not? He needs to see what he's got in his QB's and make the necessary preparations for the upcoming draft. Will he need or not need a QB? .. and what point in the draft does he select one? First, Second .. Third Selection?

sorry don't plan on Smith being taken out even if he tanks the next 2 games. He will be the starter for the remainder of the season.

and Singletary can kiss his job good bye....and if this is indeed the case.....he would deserve it...and I'm a Singletary fan.

The Hill supporters coming out under their rocks now invading all the threads...

STOP FOLLOWING ME

but is it not true.... if Sing goes out like Nolan...betting all his cards on Alex if Alex is tankx these next few games????.... Young Jed would have a reason to fire the guy... I mean he did say on camera that last year was the last year our season ends early.

He did say that, but I think he realizes that the way things were headed with Hill at QB, our season would've ended in November, not December. The bottom line is that you could argue it either way. You could say Jed could fire Singletary if he leaves Hill in there, or you could say Jed could fire Singletary if he puts Smith in there. I don't think the lack of a QB on this team should have anything to do with Singletary's job security.

exactly! Singletary won't get fired for putting the best QB option we have on the team under center. If he would have left Hill as the QB he might as well have just quit because he would have been fired for sure!

When Young Jed made those comments....alot of that came from the confidence of the personal and the coaching..... that personal included Shaun those last 8 games....he helped Singletary keep the job.....

so as far as Jed is considered....he made those comments thinking Shaun would be the QB.....now that Shaun isn't there and we have won 1 of our last 5 games and Alex started 3 of those games and counting.....I believe he could use Sing and Alex as the scape goat and the end of the year (if we struggle).....

then Jed can bring in Shanny or Holmgrem and SanDiegoNiner can bust the biggest you know what.

You think Jed York thought Hill would be the QB of the future, just because he helped the team win a few games down the stretch? So did he also think that Martz would be our OC? Guys in the front office aren't as fickle as fans. York saw the team improve, but that doesn't mean he was happy with every position out there. I'm sure York would assume that the main reason we were winning was because of Singletary. If everyone was so set on Hill as our QB, why was there an open competition for the starting QB position in the preseason? He isn't going to use Smith and Singletary as scapegoats. He's going to analyze the team and see that we're lacking in many areas. QB and HC are the least of our concerns. We need OL and DL help, a safety, a backup RB, etc.
Share 49ersWebzone