LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

Delanie Wlaker

Shop Find 49ers gear online
overated he draws to many flags cant block worth squat
Originally posted by JaaDogg49:
Originally posted by insanemike27:
Why is this guy not getting more playing time? He has 5 receptions for 81 yards, that is an average of 16.2 yards a reception. That is more than any other reciever on the team. Besides that he makes for very good mismatches within the TE position. He used to be a WR and still Has WR speed. With him and Vernon on the field together, could help our offensive line out also. I know Delanie is not a very good blocker but he can atleast help in double teams sometimes and or let vernon stay in to block sometimes also. They are both recieving threats and can also block. This makes sense for the offense to utilize that.

It's actually very simple! That blind fossil of an OC, Ray Charles, I mean Jimmy Raye doesn't know anything about nay position outside of TE. WAIT! Walker is a TE. Well at his age he can only concentrate at one player at a time. But seriously I love his big play ability bit no one, even Martz was able to get him involved like he should be. I personally would have him be in as a third receiver as well as in two TE sets to get him on the field as much as possible but who know. I have a feeling he will leave the Niners one day then blow the F^%$ up.

Seen more from Walker then Hill, not sure why everyone is on Hill's nuts.

lol
Delanie Wlaker eh?

• Pogity
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TDilvr:
Actually DWalk has been a liability at times out there in some key situations and also drawing a few boneheaded penalties. There's a reason he went as late as he did in the draft. VD he ain't.

He went late in the draft because he's a huge bodied WR from some Po-Dunk Missouri University.

And he's a much more natural pass catcher and open field runner than VD and most of our receivers. He needs reverses and screens called for him. Dallas Freakin' Clark runs reverses for the Colts. I'll bet DLove would fit in that Colts offense nicely.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Delanie Wlaker eh?

wlaker haha. that's an awesome name
Originally posted by Pogity:
Actually DWalk has been a liability at times out there in some key situations and also drawing a few boneheaded penalties. There's a reason he went as late as he did in the draft. VD he ain't.

He went late in the draft because he's a huge bodied WR from some Po-Dunk Missouri University.

And he's a much more natural pass catcher and open field runner than VD and most of our receivers. He needs reverses and screens called for him. Dallas Freakin' Clark runs reverses for the Colts. I'll bet DLove would fit in that Colts offense nicely.

yeah.

Yeah he would be a stud except the OC's keeping him down!

This is his 4th year and we're still talking about this. Walker just isn't that good.
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

This is his 4th year and we're still talking about this. Walker just isn't that good.

C'mon. What I said is still true, he has talent. DLove is just not featured in our offense, except on rare occasions. I'm not blaming anyone or suggesting a change in our scheme. I'm just defending his skills.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Walker has always been one of the most overrated 9er players on the zone.

exactly what i was going to say. after that hurdle on the preseason kickoff his rookie year, people have been overrating him.

Agreed. It probably won't be justified in this case.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for TheNaitch.
Walker has always been one of the most overrated 9er players on the zone.

That's because 2 TE sets with Vernon and Delanie on PS2 Madden was unstoppable!!!

he's good enough for the role he plays. people always love the backup the second Davis got hurt and Walker didn't put up big stats ppl would be calling for his head. he's a good backup TE, and a solid ST player and that's it.
  • B650
  • Veteran

People said the same thing about Vernon Davis.
I like D-Love, a solid WR who has improved as a blocker and he is terrific on ST's. Just a good football player.
  • Coach
  • Info N/A
Delanie does nothing but make plays when he gets the chance. He is mismatch as a TE vs a backer or safety. He continues to get better as a blocker. He is a monster on special teams. 49er fans should be lucky to have a guy like this on there team. He will only get better with time and hopefully be better utilized on offense.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Delanie Wlaker eh?

wlaker haha. that's an awesome name

Share 49ersWebzone