LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

Has Balmer done anything.......?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by Jigga:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
He won't make a difference at this point the way Smith, Franklin, and Soap are playing.

He was a reach anyway in the draft.

*cough cough* Desean Jackson *cough*

*cough cough* he plays for the Eagles *cough*

He's allergic to blocking *cough*
Yeah....

He missed that key tackle on Johnson against the Titans for the game winner!

[ Edited by Norcal9erfan on Nov 13, 2009 at 14:21:20 ]
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by Jigga:
He won't make a difference at this point the way Smith, Franklin, and Soap are playing.

*cough cough* Desean Jackson *cough*

*cough cough* he plays for the Eagles *cough*

*cough cough* and was passed up on for Balmer *cough*
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Yeah....

That was Haralson..
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Yeah....

That was Haralson..

You are right. My bad.... I went and re-visited the video and I see where it was 98, not 96. The last thing I saw was 96, which is probably why I thought it was him.

3:21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvjsHkXIFsg
Yeah....

That was Haralson..

You are right. My bad.... I went and re-visited the video and I see where it was 98, not 96. The last thing I saw was 96, which is probably why I thought it was him.

man, i was watching that play from the other end of the field and started celebrating. I thought he had him. Then reality struck.
What sucks is that the second we drafted him, everyone knew he was gonna suck.

I see him being released in 2 years.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Yeah....

That was Haralson..

man, i was watching that play from the other end of the field and started celebrating. I thought he had him. Then reality struck.

I jumped out of my seat and was about to cheer cause the TV angle made it seem like he hit him just enough to step outside....then....
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Yeah....

That was Haralson..

haralson took a terrible angle on that play - he blows too. one sack - what a joke.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Dude, how many whiney threads do you need to start until you feel better?

Good question my friend. I just feel like for discussion purposes, it is tougher to discuss positive topics.

For example: Patrick Willis had a good game last night. We all know that he had a good game last night, and he is a really good player. What else is there to say?

We won and thats final...what else is there to say?

So he is getting playing time right? Is he doing anything!? The only plays that I can think of is when a team does a squib kick, he always seems to recover it. Maybe we should have him return punts instead of Brandon Jones?

I don't think Scott knew what do do when the players in their 'big board' started disappearing right before we picked: Duane Brown, Mike Jenkins, and Anton Cason. I Really don't understand why we took Balmer over Kenny Phillips either.

In the second round, we tried to force the pick of an o-lineman in a very weak o-line draft (Chilo).

But the worst part is that we passed on DeSean Jackson TWICE.

Let's not forget the stellar choice we made in Reggie Smith either.

He wasn't a reach, but it wasn't a good pick so far
Originally posted by nickbradley:
So he is getting playing time right? Is he doing anything!? The only plays that I can think of is when a team does a squib kick, he always seems to recover it. Maybe we should have him return punts instead of Brandon Jones?

I don't think Scott knew what do do when the players in their 'big board' started disappearing right before we picked: Duane Brown, Mike Jenkins, and Anton Cason. I Really don't understand why we took Balmer over Kenny Phillips either.

In the second round, we tried to force the pick of an o-lineman in a very weak o-line draft (Chilo).

But the worst part is that we passed on DeSean Jackson TWICE.

Let's not forget the stellar choice we made in Reggie Smith either.

R Smith was actually rated very high going into the draft
Balmer actually looks very quick and athletic running to the sidelines when the coaches call him out of the game.

Seriously -- go back and watch it. I've never see a big guy run out of the game that fast before.

Maybe he's anxious to sit down or something...
He's the 9ers best return man.
Share 49ersWebzone