There are 179 users in the forums

From "Craps" to "Crabs"...eating crow...mmm.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Crabs is going to be a VERY GOOD wide receiver for us for a long time. I'm hesitant -- however -- to put him in the Jerry Rice category at this time. Rice is the greatest QB to ever play this game, period, end of discussion. Crabs has a long way to go.

Plus -- Rice had some very good QB's throwing to him. Crabs doesn't -- yet. Shaun Hill really couldn't get him the ball. And Alex Smith couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in broad daylight at ten paces if his life depended on it.

The QB who will be able to get the ball to Crabs on a consistent basis is still playing on Saturdays. He will arrive next year in the form of a QB rich draft.

Lord help us if we draft yet another spread QB in the form of Tebow.

But -- I do agree that we've struck gold in Crabtree. We're slowly adding a piece here and there. We're just missing a couple of key pieces now. A good QB and a nice pass rusher would fit the bill just fine. Perhaps a right tackle might help too.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Crabs is going to be a VERY GOOD wide receiver for us for a long time. I'm hesitant -- however -- to put him in the Jerry Rice category at this time. Rice is the greatest QB to ever play this game, period, end of discussion. Crabs has a long way to go.

Plus -- Rice had some very good QB's throwing to him. Crabs doesn't -- yet. Shaun Hill really couldn't get him the ball. And Alex Smith couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in broad daylight at ten paces if his life depended on it.

The QB who will be able to get the ball to Crabs on a consistent basis is still playing on Saturdays. He will arrive next year in the form of a QB rich draft.

But -- I do agree that we've struck gold in Crabtree. We're slowly adding a piece here and there. We're just missing a couple of key pieces now. A good QB and a nice pass rusher would fit the bill just fine. Perhaps a right tackle might help too.

Dang I missed the season where Rice was the QB. LOL, anyways you are way out of bounds to even mention Crabtree and Rice in the same sentence.
Originally posted by Goldtimer:

Dang I missed the season where Rice was the QB. LOL, anyways you are way out of bounds to even mention Crabtree and Rice in the same sentence.

I'm just going to be very happy is he turns out to be (which I think he will) a legitimate #1. Rice comes around once; but it is not too much to hope that Crabtree will be a pro-bowl receiver for many seasons to come.

We know you don't like Crabtree, we get it by this point.
However yes, I agree, Crabs in no Rice.
But he's the best since TO. Yeah, he's gonna be better than Bryant and is already better than Lloyd.
Originally posted by cestmoi:

We know you don't like Crabtree, we get it by this point.
However yes, I agree, Crabs in no Rice.
But he's the best since TO. Yeah, he's gonna be better than Bryant and is already better than Lloyd.

You know I don't like Crabtree? Hmm, the only thing I don't like is us forcing the ball to him. He's made some good catches, and had he been here from the get go, the team would probably being doing a lot better as whole.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Once we get a quarterback, Crabtree will be mentioned among the best receivers in the NFL
Originally posted by crzy:
Once we get a quarterback, Crabtree will be mentioned among the best receivers in the NFL

We need an Oline first and fore most
Crabtree is gonna be great for us!
I have to join ya on the crow. He should have caught that slat on the 3 yard line though.

Redrath, nice job on the crow...thank you.

BHulman, yes it was really nice to have that second first rd pick, and i pray that they both are on OL. It would be interesting to know right now who is gonna be the top 3-4
(hopefully) OL from the draft. Right now it's still too early to know who is going to be at the top of the OL heap. Other thing that is of note, altho our OL is routinely having their heads handed to them, Sims has been a pleasant surprise. i didn't say he was great, but he has been way better than he played previously. Disappointment has been in the lack of improvement in the O line, esp Rachal, who i really liked while at USC, and last yr toward the end.

My gut feel is that it is coaching, particularly of the OL , that is a big part of the problem. When the HC is a former HOF LB, and has really had no experience either as DC or OC( a joke), then how can he teach the OL. With coach walsh, heck he had coached every position before coming here, under one of the best at that time. Coach walsh could spot a DB messing up technique, just as well as an OG with bad footwork. Bigmike has no experience there, and unfortunately, it shows.

Heck, i'll say anything to keep my mind off the rest of that crow out in the icebox.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Dude, the problem is ALEX SMITH!!!!!!!! when i read "craps" (i thought u were talking about smith). Even the commentators specially crimetime knows that alex is NOT the answer, and its ashame that we dont get it...[/b]
Still a greedy a*****e, just a productive one
Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st 1st%

Crabtree 18 215 11.9 53.8 27 0 2 0 12 66.7
Heyward-bey 5 74 14.8 9.2 24 0 1 0 4 80.0

Crabtree is ranked #115 out of 300 receivers after 4 WEEKS (really 3 1/2 games) and is almost about to past Morgan(23rec 300yards) & Bruce(20 rec 244 yards) in receptions and remember he only PLAYED THE LAST 4 WEEKS, im sorry to say but we should of payed him his money but he should of not been such a d**k about asking for it
  • NMNiner
  • Info N/A
I'm not sold on Crabtree yet he has great hands and is very physical, but he can't seperate. Almost all the passes he has caught there was someone drapes all over him. I also think that sending him on fade routes won't cut it if you want to get him deep, he is an excellent route runner and I think the only way to hit him deep is double moves, posts, or flag routes.
Share 49ersWebzone