LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

How Was Our Defense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How did the Dline play?

How did the LBs play?

Why no sacks?

Sounds like the DBs gave up yardage but no touchdowns, and 5 interceptions.
bend but dont break?!
Any details on how they did?
Cutler kind of bailed them out IMO. There still was no consistent pass rush. They made plays and moved the ball but just kept turning it over. The Bears gave us the game.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Cutler kind of bailed them out IMO. There still was no consistent pass rush. They made plays and moved the ball but just kept turning it over. The Bears gave us the game.

I thought the pass rush was good today. I think a couple of those 5 int's today could have ended up as sacks.
GOD !!!!!!
i didnt think a QB can be that horrible in the redzone.

Cutlar gave us the game.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
GOD !!!!!!

Cutlar gave us the game.

Cutler was really only responsible for 1 or 2 INTs at the most.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

The heat on Cutler could have contributed to the picks.

I was at the game so it was hard to tell...I could always analyze the game better if I watched it on TV.
Sounds like the defense was willing to take it.

Any details on how the defense was?
D-Line played excellent stuffing the run. I saw Ray McDonald put first round pick RT Chris Williams on his back on a pass rush. Justin Smith played a typical Justin Smith game putting the heat on Jay Cutler on more than a few occasions and playing relentless football while also playing the run extremely well. Aubrayo Franklin and Sopoaga both did what they're asked to do and clogged their run gaps.

LB wise, Haralson's pass rush seems to have gone into the tank. His game seems to be beating the OT to the corner but has no inside counter move and didnt sniff the qb all game long. Lawson put a good lick on Cutler on the final drive but didnt do much on the pass rush either. Ahmad Brooks is in a lot more now and got one pressure. Matt Wilhelm had more big plays in todays game than spikes has all season. Willis was quiet for the most part today.

Why no sacks? Because 49ers dont have a pass rushing threat from their outside linebackers.

DBs were very good in spite of the yardage. Most of the yards seemed to come on the final drive where they were conceding the short pass and the screens to Forte which worked every time it was called. Most of Cutler's completions where him finding soft spots in the zone defense.

Considering how bad Chicago's OL is, and the fact that Cutler threw 52 passes, all you really need to know is that we got 0 sacks. Basically, same old same old we can't stop the pass because we get no rush.

Some people will try to tell you that we got pressure, but outside of maybe a handful of plays, no one ever really got around their blockers to get a clean shot at him.

Also it was rather disturbing the way the Bears flew down the field on the last drive, although they did get bailed out by the ticky tack penalty on Bly on 4th and 10 to start it off.

[ Edited by znk916 on Nov 12, 2009 at 23:09:03 ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
GOD !!!!!!

Cutlar gave us the game.

Cutler's play contributed more to the 49ers win than the actual 49ers QB.
Originally posted by 49ersfan80:
Originally posted by Joecool:
GOD !!!!!!

Cutlar gave us the game.

Cutler's play contributed more to the 49ers win than the actual 49ers QB.

I will take it any time. Just like I did not see Manning giving the win because we played better than Indie and still lost. So tonight hopefully this win will get us off the dime and into a mode where we need to win outright and clearly. Hoopefully we will get healed up, get rested, and get more timing down and get the job done. We need the GB game to keep the winning streak going.

So thank you defense that you were there to catch all of those interceptions thrown at us.
didn't allow a touchdown!!!!!
Originally posted by teeohh:
didn't allow a touchdown!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone