LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Dashon Goldson had a career day

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How about that block he had during Brown's 51 interception return to spring him an extra 15 yards. I hope we can expect more performances like this from him in the future.
one negative I saw was the missed tackle on forte. He always seems to go for the big hit instead of wrapping up. He needs to learn that he can do both.
He isn't that great in coverage and that missed tackle on Forte really pissed me off. Overall he had a pretty good day though
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
one negative I saw was the missed tackle on forte. He always seems to go for the big hit instead of wrapping up. He needs to learn that he can do both.

Forte got several more yards on that one Goldson really needs to wrap up better and improve in coverage.
I think Goldson would make a good SS. We need more range at FS
goldson and eric berry 2010!!
Hes always been a big help to this team. He is all over the place
Eric Berry will be a top 5 pick.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Exactly, he is a faster smaller Michael Lewis. Good run defender, good hitter but not that good in coverage. Not horrible but not good. Eric Berry would make a nice FS but it won't happen.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

funny you should say that. I agree that goldson would be better served as a SS. I think the FS position would be better served by (some say clements, But I say) reggie smith! Great height and size and he has cornerback speed. I think he would be a ballhawk at FS.

• jcs
  • Veteran
there is a chance Nate C. makes the switch no?
He missed a big tackle early in the game. We can still use the upgrade, he's mediocre.
It was a decent day for Goldson...but I think he will be a back-up / depth player next season. I can see our starting DB's being Brown & Spencer @ CB, Lewis @ SS, and Clements @ FS. Ball-hawk defense !!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Yep, going for the devastating hit ala Ronnie Lott isn't working for him.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
He isn't that great in coverage and that missed tackle on Forte really pissed me off. Overall he had a pretty good day though

yea but forte has some good jukes and power. He juked the crap out of patrick willis
Share 49ersWebzone