There are 170 users in the forums

Franklin in the last year of his contract

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He's gonna stay, regardless of how people feel this team is on its way up.
As long as he is not asking for Haynesworth money, we can sign him.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
It's too late, IMO. The hype of the past few weeks has done enough damage to cause him to enter the open market. I think that he's gone and someone will overpay for him.

You could be right, but why would he want to do that if HE realizes that his best fit is next to the guys hes with now? And Sing coaching him I'm sure helps our chances to bring him back

I agree, but it's all about the $$$$.

Is he a URFA or a RFA? If he is a RFA we can at least have the option of matching any offer. But im not sure he can even be a RFA for us.

If he has less than four years of NFL service, he can be a Restricted Free Agent. But I think he spent at least two years in Baltimore and at least two years with us so I think he'll be a straight up Free Agent.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
It's too late, IMO. The hype of the past few weeks has done enough damage to cause him to enter the open market. I think that he's gone and someone will overpay for him.

You could be right, but why would he want to do that if HE realizes that his best fit is next to the guys hes with now? And Sing coaching him I'm sure helps our chances to bring him back

Is he a URFA or a RFA? If he is a RFA we can at least have the option of matching any offer. But im not sure he can even be a RFA for us.

If he has less than four years of NFL service, he can be a Restricted Free Agent. But I think he spent at least two years in Baltimore and at least two years with us so I think he'll be a straight up Free Agent.

Thats what I figured.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

This is his 7th season, so if we don't sign him he'll be a UFA.
I would personally like us to go after Wilfork who's proven in this league year after year if this dude is a one hit wonder we will be headed to salary cap hell again.
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
I would personally like us to go after Wilfork who's proven in this league year after year if this dude is a one hit wonder we will be headed to salary cap hell again.

lol, we wont be in cap hell again, trust me, we have 55M cap room for next yr, so we wont break the bank on him(Aubrayo) or anyone.

Personally, I wouldnt go after any big name next yr, in this offseason, not worth the money, similar to this yrs MLB FA market.
With the 12th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the San Francisco 49ers select DT Terrance Cody
Originally posted by AC49er:
With the 12th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the San Francisco 49ers select DT Terrance Cody

Heck No, not at 12, he isnt worth the pick that high, Now if he loses weight and picked say 25th, then maybe.

The Niners have much greater needs than DT.

Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Heck No, not at 12, he isnt worth the pick that high, Now if he loses weight and picked say 25th, then maybe.

I agree. Even if lose out on Franklyn. Wilfork, Pickett, and Casey Hampton all could hit the free agency market this year.

I feel pretty comfortable about the NT position regardless on how things play out with Franklyn.
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:

Of course we could have just drafted him.....

Damn you Donahue!
  • TFSP

What if we keep AF and we get Mt.Cody. Imagine what the goal line Def package would look like! In the 3-4 they, could then AF move to Ice Sop's spot. Then Ice and RayMac rotate. That's where the focus should be.

BUT anway,

Pay the man now...
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Aubrayo ain't going anywhere. If we don't get a contract done, we can franchise his ass.
im afraid he wont perform once he gets paid.
Share 49ersWebzone