LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

If we beat The Bucs on 1/12/03, is it a 49er Raider Superbowl?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If we beat The Bucs on 1/12/03, is it a 49er Raider Superbowl?

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Hmm, I dont know if we would have beat up with the Raiders to be honest. I dont think our defense was as good as the Bucs (obviously). Would have been a shoot out for sure.

Yea hard to tell. The game earlier that year that we beat them in OT was extremeley close... b***h ass Cortez!
we were lucky to beat the Giants that year, that play at the end of the game was a bad call (on the field goal throw or something?) anyway no the Eagles were better than us that year also.
It's too comical to think about this considering how bad the beat down was from the Bucs in the game. Tampa opened a big ol' can of whoopass on them.
Originally posted by matt49er:
we were lucky to beat the Giants that year, that play at the end of the game was a bad call (on the field goal throw or something?) anyway no the Eagles were better than us that year also.

I recall it was offensive pass interference not called against the Niners on a hail mary pass by Garcia. Our receiver grabbed a defender, and tossed him aside as the ball was in flight. It was pretty funny that it was not called.
Originally posted by djfullshred:

I recall it was offensive pass interference not called against the Niners on a hail mary pass by Garcia. Our receiver grabbed a defender, and tossed him aside as the ball was in flight. It was pretty funny that it was not called.

Lets bring up other memories where the refs hooked us up.
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by boast:
all i remember is Mooch quit on that game with about two minutes left in the 1st half.

he sure did

York blew a gasket on that one. Wasn't Mooch fired a few days later? I thought that kneeling on that last possession in the first half was a low for the Niners since Walsh changed everything. Little did I know what was just up ahead.
If we were good enough to beat Tampa, we win the whole thing.

But we weren't, so I'm not sure where this is going.

On a similiar line of thought...

If Hearst never hurt his ankle, we win against Atlanta and probably the Superbowl. Steve Young get's his 2nd ring and fans start having a hard time deliberating if he might have been better than Montana. Oh and this extends Steve's career since that lame as WR wasn't on the field not blocking the player that retired Steve with a concussion.

But he did hurt his ankle.

[ Edited by Jakemall on Nov 12, 2009 at 17:10:02 ]
  • ZRF80

Actually, it was ineligible man downfield. What should have happened is that the play should have offset, and the Giants get another chance to rekick. But then again, can you really call a pass interference against a guy thats not eligible to catch in the first place ?

• Esco
  • Hall of Fame
That was a pretty crappy birthday for me....

1/12/03

No there was a penalty called or not called that affected a missed field goal by the Giants at the end. I was at that game and actually fell asleep at some point. Beer nap.

• Mex49
So this is what the season has come to? Can we at least talk about the SB years
Share 49ersWebzone