LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Yahoo's Silver: Niners need to win 3 out of 4 to stay in the race

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yahoo's Michael Silver says that the 49ers need to win 3 out of their next 4 to remain in the race. That would put us at 6-6 going into the game against Arizona. The Cards still have to play Minnesota, Green Bay, the Niners, and a resurgent Titans team (someone on NFL network said that they'll go 6-2 or 7-1 for the rest of the season). If we go into the Cards game @ 6-6 and beat them, we're either going to go 9-7 or 10-6, owning the tie-breaker with Arizona. The season will then come down to whether Arizona beats Green bay or whether or not we beat Philly.

Quote:
The only decent news for the Bears is that their next opponent is struggling just as much. On Thursday Chicago will face the 49ers at Candlestick Park, where Mike Singletary’s team suffered its fourth consecutive defeat on Sunday to drop to 3-5. San Francisco’s 34-27 loss to the Titans (2-6) had some ominous overtones: In his second game since replacing Shaun Hill(notes) as the team’s starting quarterback, Alex Smith threw three interceptions, fumbled twice (losing one) and absorbed four sacks. And Singletary, after espousing a run-first philosophy all offseason, seemed to usher in a shift Sunday with a heavy reliance on the spread offense and a pass-run ratio of more than 2:1. Whatever their identity, the Niners still have the talent to compete for a playoff spot. Their next four games, before a rematch at Candlestick with a Cards team they beat in the season opener: Chicago, at Green Bay, Jacksonville, at Seattle. If the 49ers can win three of those (and I think they can), they’re back in business.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-morningrush110909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
to stay in the race, yes. To compete in the race, 4 out of 4. Or just hope the cardinals start losing.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
to stay in the race, yes. To compete in the race, 4 out of 4. Or just hope the cardinals start losing.

If we win 4 out of our next 5 (with a win over Arizona), we will either go 9-7 or 10-6, depending on whether we beat Philly. Either way, a 9 win season is a successful season by anybody's judgement.
Go 49ers! We can do this!
Please 49ers limit the damn turnovers tomorrow... We need a dub...
Originally posted by socalfan21:

With the recent surge of INT's, you guys think they'll start calling less and less pass plays? I hope not.
I still have hope!

Exactly
take it one at a time!! I"m in! Let's rock the Stick tomorrow night!!
this team is talented enough to beat anybody, our problem has always been focus and motivation.

were young, and always start and end the season with a bang, but its the lull in the middle of the season that always KILLS us. we lose heart after a bad loss or 2, and we kind of sleepwalk through a big chunk of the schedule.

with about 3 games left, with most teams either hoping to lose for a better draft pick, or sitting their starters for the playoffs, we usually regroup and go on a small tear to prevent an embarrassing record.

lets hope this is the year we can wake up early.

With the recent surge of INT's, you guys think they'll start calling less and less pass plays? I hope not.

We actually look like a f**king offense man. I know Alex made some bad throws, but if he can stop staring down guys, our offense looked legit for almost 3 straight quarters.
Originally posted by Method:

We actually look like a f**king offense man. I know Alex made some bad throws, but if he can stop staring down guys, our offense looked legit for almost 3 straight quarters.

I'm with you man. I'd love to see more shotgun formations. But I'm wondering how Raye's mind is working.

Or if our receivers will catch the ball. just like vernon said one of those int's wasnt on the qb or wr, but it happens. As Raye said, As sing Said. Regardless of what im looking everyday and it's funny how it's the Smith haters and Hill lovers that continue with the 3int's get him out of there.

I'm with you man. I'd love to see more shotgun formations. But I'm wondering how Raye's mind is working.

I won't be able to handle another bad game from Alex, even though I'm one of his biggest fans. We should have won on Sunday if not for his turnovers. If he has another game like that and we end up losing, I think I'll be done with Alex as many of you are. If we win, I don't think I'll care too much how many turnovers he has. I just wanna win with this legit offense, ya feel me?!

He definitely looked good for a while though. Too bad he turned into JTO lol

[ Edited by Method on Nov 11, 2009 at 09:50:08 ]
win 8 in a row!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone