There are 170 users in the forums

What do the 9ers have to do to beat Da Bears?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
All they have to do is stop beating themselves with stupid mistakes and lack of execution. The Oline has to block, the QB needs to make plays and not mistakes, the WR need to catch the ball and for the love of god someone please get some damn YAC. The DLine needs to be solid again against the pass and run, the LB need to support the run defense and create pressure on the QB. The DB's need to limit big plays and for the love of god someone please create some turnovers. When was the last time our defense had created a turn over???
Originally posted by ktate14:
Finally I get to see a 9er game on TV...

Hill and Smith = Garbage

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Put Shaun Hill back into the starting lineup.

Name the QB who has actually won a game for us this season. Hint: His first name starts with an "S" and ends with an "N."
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A

The thread is if they want to beat the Bears
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

This...at least we know Hill won't throw 3 picks in a game

cause his passes are so soft it is impossible for the ball to bounce in the air to be picked off

This
  • B650
  • Veteran

Name the QB who has actually won a game for us this season. Hint: His first name starts with an "S" and ends with an "N."

Name the QB who has the most losses this season. Hint: His first name starts with "S" and ends with "N." Still don't know? He went fishing on his bye week while the new starting QB was working with Crabtree.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by susweel:
I asked this in another thread

But is this game only on nfl network?

Is some local channel gonna show it?

Im asking because I dont have NFL network ?

Saw and ad on The CW channel???
Eliminate turnovers.
Score 24 points.

That should do it.
Originally posted by B650:

Name the QB who has the most losses this season. Hint: His first name starts with "S" and ends with "N." Still don't know? He went fishing on his bye week while the new starting QB was working with Crabtree.

Once again, name the ONLY QB on the 49er roster who has won a game THIS SEASON. Same hints apply.

Who gives a rip about fishing during the bye week? What does that have to do with WINS? Why do you insist on starting a QB who CANNOT WIN A GAME IF HIS LIFE DEPENDED ON IT?

I just don't understand your line of thinking on this matter. Please, please enlighten me. You would rather start a QB who gives us ZERO CHANCE at victory over another who has won three games this season? I just don't understand this debate.

Once again, name the ONLY QB on the 49er roster who has won a game THIS SEASON. Same hints apply.

Who gives a rip about fishing during the bye week? What does that have to do with WINS? Why do you insist on starting a QB who CANNOT WIN A GAME IF HIS LIFE DEPENDED ON IT?

I just don't understand your line of thinking on this matter. Please, please enlighten me. You would rather start a QB who gives us ZERO CHANCE at victory over another who has won three games this season? I just don't understand this debate.

Hill didn't win those games the defense did. You actually think that Hill would have done better than Smith in the game against the Titans? did you not see what the offense looked like with Hill as the QB? At least Smith can put points on the board. He just needs an OLine and WR that don't tip the ball 10 feet in the air(has happend 4 times in 2 1/2 games) I guess that is what happens when you are used to catching passes that come down like a punt and then get a QB who can actually put some zip on the ball.

• B650
  • Veteran

Would you rather start an old, talentless QB who gives you ZERO CHANCE at winning a Super Bowl, or a young QB with the talent to do so, who just lacks experience? It's simple. Hill is not the QB of the future. He won't win us a playoff game. He won't even get us to the playoffs. So, you might as well see what the backups have to offer, and so far, Smith has outplayed Hill. Even if we lose, I'd rather see the offense move the ball. It's less frustrating knowing that we can score. It's more frustrating seeing the defense going out there every single game playing its heart out, only to lose because Shaun Hill can't even pick up a single 1st-down.

The bottom line is that if the OL doesn't improve, it really doesn't matter who starts at QB. Just give it a rest. Seriously. Right now, we have the right guy out there. Smith has more talent than Hill, and guys with more talent should start. Yes, he throws more INTs, but he also throws more TDs. No point of having Crabtree, Hill, Morgan, and Davis if you have Hill throwing ducks to them. They won't be on the team much longer if that happens.
Originally posted by crzy:
We need to throw the ball down the field to Michael Crabtree and Vernon Davis.

Yes we do, more than just once!
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erWill:
cheat

Would you rather start an old, talentless QB who gives you ZERO CHANCE at winning a Super Bowl, or a young QB with the talent to do so, who just lacks experience? It's simple. Hill is not the QB of the future. He won't win us a playoff game. He won't even get us to the playoffs. So, you might as well see what the backups have to offer, and so far, Smith has outplayed Hill. Even if we lose, I'd rather see the offense move the ball. It's less frustrating knowing that we can score. It's more frustrating seeing the defense going out there every single game playing its heart out, only to lose because Shaun Hill can't even pick up a single 1st-down.

The bottom line is that if the OL doesn't improve, it really doesn't matter who starts at QB. Just give it a rest. Seriously. Right now, we have the right guy out there. Smith has more talent than Hill, and guys with more talent should start. Yes, he throws more INTs, but he also throws more TDs. No point of having Crabtree, Hill, Morgan, and Davis if you have Hill throwing ducks to them. They won't be on the team much longer if that happens.

Thank You.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

This...at least we know Hill won't throw 3 picks in a game

Cus his passes never even reach the secondary.

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone