There are 204 users in the forums

Have You Lost Faith in HC Mike Singletary?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Have You Lost Faith in HC Mike Singletary?

Are these guys for real?

Seriously?

Raytard?

Hmmmm....

"The 49ers ran 38 of their 69 offensive plays from the shotgun formation. Frank Gore ran the ball seven times for 41 yards in the shotgun."

When the players stop makin' mistakes, focus on the task at hand, and FINISH each and every play, we wouldn't even have this issue, period. Instead, the losses only bring back horrible memories which allow the festering of doubt because we just have been so long without a consistent winning streak. We are seeing a pattern...we are and you guys are right.

However, the pattern is not the same...this is not Nolan's team by a long shot. I should know as many know my support of him. Singletary may have some similar beliefs, but Singletary is a winner pure and simple...he knows what to do to win even in the face of popularity...he just needs to let go of the "Rock of Gibraltar" pride! Seriously, he's got a big..."prove me wrong mofo" on his chest.

Even with that, he has made some incredible adjustments that have turned the very essence of our offensive being around...for good it seems now. 38 from shotgun! Damn! I love it. It is what we need.

If this is his first year as coach and he is already doing this, he will get us to that championship. Most are just impatient and I can't blame them. They are willing to try to sabotage a good thing simply to get the name...Holmgren, Shanny, blah, blah, blah...with all due respect to their greatness.

I learned a great deal about greatness today. It should always be questioned...just ask Lowel Cohen. Cohen has no faith in Singletary! Hey, it's 3-5, bub! I find it facinating that the complete antithisis of Coach is staring him in the face each and every Monday. Guess what Coach? You are doing alright.

The fact is that this coaching staff has done everything in it's ability to cater to the strengths of its personnel even when that changes in a week. I commend Raye for being able to expand the limits of his schemes to cater to the players he now has at his beck and call...Smith, Gore, Davis, Crabtree, and now Hill. Nice young collection of weapons...just as long as we eliminate the mistakes, no?

Coach did this. He changed his perceived perception of what his team should be into what it could be...more explosive. I honestly like what I see in front of me...forget the TD to Hill in the second quarter, you know the 4 TDs to Davis since he's been on the field, the ability to extend the field...c'mon now, that took some courage to believe in your players to spin on a dime.

Sometimes they fail and sometimes they succeed...at least now, we have a HC that is willing to make it happen.

38 plays in shotgun...are you kidding me?
Originally posted by lamontb:
I haven't The new owner hasn't really earned my faith and the GM has lost my faith.

Who is the new owner that you speak so highly of? I must be tripping because I thought the yorks still owned this team. Let me get this straight, seriously, let me get this straight. You LOVE the new coach, but you don't like the GM, but you like the new owner. I'm spinning right now. Ummm, just about all of our 49er fan base has turned into excuse makers. Very few will stand up and say, "You know what, this is bull crap! Screw the yorks, get them the hell out of town, and they can take the triple clown posse of Paraag, Scotttttttttttyyyyyyyyyy, and Coach Rockhead with them." Let's start walking around like we got a pair.

Let me you something... until people stand up, until people actually put up a fight, we're all going to treated like suckers. We live in blow pop land and, personally, I'm f**king sick and tired of it.
Originally posted by posterX:
I haven't The new owner hasn't really earned my faith and the GM has lost my faith.

Who is the new owner that you speak so highly of? I must be tripping because I thought the yorks still owned this team. Let me get this straight, seriously, let me get this straight. You LOVE the new coach, but you don't like the GM, but you like the new owner. I'm spinning right now. Ummm, just about all of our 49er fan base has turned into excuse makers. Very few will stand up and say, "You know what, this is bull crap! Screw the yorks, get them the hell out of town, and they can take the triple clown posse of Paraag, Scotttttttttttyyyyyyyyyy, and Coach Rockhead with them." Let's start walking around like we got a pair.

Let me you something... until people stand up, until people actually put up a fight, we're all going to treated like suckers. We live in blow pop land and, personally, I'm f**king sick and tired of it.

And what fight do you speak of? People complained about the uniforms and we got 'em.

We complained for a playmaking WR and we drafted Michael Crabtree.

They are doing everything necessary to field a professional football team. The players need to execute better. I'd love to hear your suggestions on what the 49ers should do to improve.

[ Edited by DrE_DiESeL97 on Nov 9, 2009 at 21:05:22 ]
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I never had any faith. I'm not fooled by his rah, rah motivational speeches. He's a pretender.

What are the positives you see with this team going forward?

What do you feel needs to be done to fix this team?

What would you do to fix the problems you see for this team?

You want to know the positives.

VERNON DAVIS is a beast. The best TE in the league right now. He's revolutionizing the TE position in the NFL. You could start with that as a positive.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 9, 2009 at 21:05:27 ]
Originally posted by DrE_DiESeL97:

And what fight do you speak of? People complained the uniforms and we got 'em.

We complained for a playmaking WR and we drafted Michael Crabtree.

They are doing everything necessary to field a professional football team. The players need to execute better. I'd love to hear your suggestions on what the 49ers should do to improve.

yorks... gone, but we're stuck with them like the HIV virus

However,

Scotttttttttyyyyyyy... gone, a waste

Coach Prehistoric... gone, seriously, he was the plan?

Paraag... gone. Jed's boy

Andy Dolich... gone, a complete embarrassment. Nobody takes this guy seriously... or respects him

You bring in an experienced President of Football Operations- one that actually cares about winning football games and not kissing the young prince's ass

You bring in a GM that answers to the head of football operations

You bring in a coach that answers to the GM

You make sure Jed is never seen for 5 years

You hire a young and dynamic offensive minded head coach

That will get you started. This isn't rocket science here. These dudes right now are laughing at the gullibility of their fan base.
Not yet. You got to be kidding. Does doubt ever creep into my mind? Of course it does. Especially during the last 5 weeks. Still have to believe and if you're a "faithful" Niner as I always hear and see all over the place then you have to believe until it's all said and done.

If you can put with the guy in a suit for 3+ years then I don't see how you lose faith in Sing halfway through his first season.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Not yet. You got to be kidding. Does doubt ever creep into my mind? Of course it does. Especially during the last 5 weeks. Still have to believe and if you're a "faithful" Niner as I always hear and see all over the place then you have to believe until it's all said and done.

If you can put with the guy in a suit for 3+ years then I don't see how you lose faith in Sing halfway through his first season.

Thank you for being sensible

So, because we put up with Nolan for 3+ years, we have to endure Singletary for a prolonged period? You can not be serious.

So, because we put up with Nolan for 3+ years, we have to endure Singletary for a prolonged period? You can not be serious.

What makes you so sure Sing will fail? Oh wait you have a crystal ball. Way to hang in there Niner faithful. What time does the first set of playoffs start this weekend?
NO

GM is the main problem here. Hire a new one first then let him worry about whether to keep Sing.

What makes you so sure Sing will fail? Oh wait you have a crystal ball. Way to hang in there Niner faithful. What time does the first set of playoffs start this weekend?

It's 49er Faithful to you. And are you saying that every 49er Faithful stays true to garbage? Because if you are, that's insulting every 49er Faithful I know.

It's 49er Faithful to you. And are you saying that every 49er Faithful stays true to garbage? Because if you are, that's insulting every 49er Faithful I know.

Your're all doom and gloom already and it's only week 10. Faithful????
  • BobS
  • Veteran
This is basically the same team talent wise as last year, but I was expecting some improvement to at least 9-7, and that is still reachable. The guy is learning on the job and is going to make mistakes, give him through next year, and then if he's not at least 10-6, show him the door.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
I love the fact Singletary will do whatever it takes to win. Yank Hill, Open up the offense, start Crabtree. I almost have more faith in him. We just need better players.

this.

x3

The guy is terrible.

how is he terrible, he is an awesome motivator
Share 49ersWebzone