we probably would have also scored more than 40 points a game more often
Originally posted by global_nomad:

you mean with a different OL?
Originally posted by Niners99:

a thread like this is all apples and oranges.

The Packers gave up so many sacks, but also were near the top of the league in big plays and YAC.

They were one pass away from a great comeback and knocking of the defending NFC champs, but they miss a throw, get a holding penalty, and a sack fumble and everyone wants to hate on a Pro Bowler Rodgers.
hold onto the ball for way too long just like big ben and gets popped and blame it on the o-line

The Packers gave up so many sacks, but also were near the top of the league in big plays and YAC.

They were one pass away from a great comeback and knocking of the defending NFC champs, but they miss a throw, get a holding penalty, and a sack fumble and everyone wants to hate on a Pro Bowler Rodgers.

lol you say "defending NFC champs" like the 49ers didnt beat them twice this year without issue.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
If we had drafted Aaron Rodgers, we would have lead the league in sacks (allowed) every season he was playing..

after watching that train wreck, i prefer the roll right, throw it away method..

r u being sarcastic

Nope, id rather watch the Alex smith show, than that AAron rodgers crap, I'm not even close to a pack fan, and I was mad watching him play.

so you don't want a good qb?

Apparently average is good enough for him. He's probably a huge fan of Arnaz Battlle and Michael Robinson as well. Mediocrity is loved around here.

i love how people just assume the Aaron Rodgers on the Packers would be the same dude we wouldve drafted. any QB in a Niner uniform the last 5 years would suck, because the OL sucks.

this is becoming an epidemic in the 49er fanbase. fans are so obsessed with having a good QB, they become completely oblivious to the fact that we HAVE NO OL. bad OL = bad QB. period. end of story.

whether his name is Smith, or Manning, or Brady, or Rodgers, or Brees, or anyone. bad OL = bad QB. say it with me. its not a hard concept.

Rodgers line was more worse than ours.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
If we had drafted Aaron Rodgers, we would have lead the league in sacks (allowed) every season he was playing..

after watching that train wreck, i prefer the roll right, throw it away method..

r u being sarcastic

Nope, id rather watch the Alex smith show, than that AAron rodgers crap, I'm not even close to a pack fan, and I was mad watching him play.

so you don't want a good qb?

Apparently average is good enough for him. He's probably a huge fan of Arnaz Battlle and Michael Robinson as well. Mediocrity is loved around here.

i love how people just assume the Aaron Rodgers on the Packers would be the same dude we wouldve drafted. any QB in a Niner uniform the last 5 years would suck, because the OL sucks.

this is becoming an epidemic in the 49er fanbase. fans are so obsessed with having a good QB, they become completely oblivious to the fact that we HAVE NO OL. bad OL = bad QB. period. end of story.

whether his name is Smith, or Manning, or Brady, or Rodgers, or Brees, or anyone. bad OL = bad QB. say it with me. its not a hard concept.

Rodgers line was more worse than ours.

lol "more worse"?

and yes, the Packers line was awful, but he also had Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Jermichael Finley, Ryan Grant, and a 3 year internship of Brett Favre. plus he throws a million times a game.

i personally think Rodgers is overrated. yes, he did alot with a bad line, but he also has alot of flaws in his game. the mistakes he made tonight are recurring problems in his game, and they cost his team their season.

[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 10, 2010 at 17:47:15 ]

lol you say "defending NFC champs" like the 49ers didnt beat them twice this year without issue.

I wouldn't say we beat them without issue the first game of the season. Plus the Cards know when they have to play their best ball and that's in the playoffs. We match up well with the Cards, and like Whizzihunt said after the game, its well documented that many of the games they have lost this season they have lost the turnover battle.

Personally I love Rodgers confidence, and leadership skills. Two things I think Alex Smith lacks. I expressed more of my views about Rodgers here: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=133667

Yes he holds onto the ball a lot, but like Big Ben, his accuracy allows him to throw into tight spots and try to make plays.

[ Edited by global_nomad on Jan 10, 2010 at 17:50:19 ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Rodgers > Smith at this point in their careers.

By your logic, you'd rather have Smith over Manning, Warner or any other pocket passer.

i was talking about rodgers only.. (since him and smith seem to get compared all the time)

And I would rather have Philip Rivers, than manning or warner.
Originally posted by dhp318:
What about the multiple times he rolled right, scanned and found a receiver? Would you still prefer the roll right, stare down one guy and throw it away approach?

what about the first play of the game, when he rolled right, had time, held the ball too long, and then forced it and threw a pick which led to a quick score, and put them behind all game?

Every QB makes mistakes. You act like he did that the entire game. You're gonna need more than one play to back your argument.

Aaron Rodgers has been consistently the most sacked QB in the league precisely because he holds on to the ball for an eternity in every game I watch him.

people don't watch th games, they see the highlights and are like "OH MAN! WHY DIDNT WE DRAFT HIM?!?! NOLAN YOU FOOL!!" without understanding the number of variables that are involved.

Rodgers. Lol.
Was it just me or did it seem like Charles Woodson got paid of today
I mean Mr. Top candidate for Defensive POY not only took a couple of plays of he pretty much took the WHOLE game off...............except for the forced fumble he was beat most of the day.

We should of let Green Bay our Defense this weekend because the middle of the field looked abandon all day long......
lol Darnell Dockett...he is such a poor sport when he loses and talks all sorts of crap about teams that beat them, with excuses and what not..but when they win, 'omg i got nothing bad to say about that team'...man shutup, had you lost you would have b***hed all over twitter for days.
  • Dino
  • Veteran

[ Edited by Dino on Jan 10, 2010 at 19:39:26 ]
That's bulls**t....Smith couldn't hold Rodgers jock strap.
Share 49ersWebzone