LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Alex "The Mirage" Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
God I hate Niner talk.

Overreact away, everyone...I'll be in the Parking Lot.
It's a short week with the Bears coming to town on Thursday.

Only the injured should get a rest tomorrow.
i went to the game, and Alex didn't even look crabtree's way THE ENTIRE SECOND HALF! And also checked down way too often! Granted GOre is the man! WHY DID WE DRAFT CRABS IF WE DON'T DIAL UP HIS NUMBER EVERY OTHER PLAY???
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
SHAUN HILL WOULD HAVE WON AGAINST THE TITANS. GUARANTEED.

agreed.

Difference between hill and smith is simple Hill- wins and NO turnovers Smith- Losses and Turnovers
Originally posted by maximill15:

agreed.

Difference between hill and smith is simple Hill- wins and NO turnovers Smith- Losses and Turnovers

This is unfair. Hill gets to play with a different o line.
Originally posted by Painter49er:
Fact...when Alex Smith is under center two things happen. 1.) We lose more games. 2.) We increase our turnovers by a VERY large percentage. The turnovers today cost us the game.

Fact...when Shaun Hill was our starter he didn't turn the ball over which kept us in games. Sure, he's not even close to the most talented QB on our team but correct me if I'm wrong he's the ONLY QB on the roster with a winning percentage.

Also, didn't we play the crappiest D in the league today? How embarrassing to make lame-a** players look like Pro Bowlers. This team is FRUSTRATING!
Hmm 45-10 then a 21-0 at halftime , so u want to go back to running with teams stacking the box? Think before you post

i went to the game, and Alex didn't even look crabtree's way THE ENTIRE SECOND HALF! And also checked down way too often! Granted GOre is the man! WHY DID WE DRAFT CRABS IF WE DON'T DIAL UP HIS NUMBER EVERY OTHER PLAY???

Maybe all the receivers were covered. Leaving VD and Gore as the only options. This would explain Alex forcing the ball into tight coverage and interceptions.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Hill sucks, Alex sucks, let's send Davis out to the lions.

two of the 3 ints not his fault
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Originally posted by Painter49er:
Fact...when Alex Smith is under center two things happen. 1.) We lose more games. 2.) We increase our turnovers by a VERY large percentage. The turnovers today cost us the game.

Fact...when Shaun Hill was our starter he didn't turn the ball over which kept us in games. Sure, he's not even close to the most talented QB on our team but correct me if I'm wrong he's the ONLY QB on the roster with a winning percentage.

Also, didn't we play the crappiest D in the league today? How embarrassing to make lame-a** players look like Pro Bowlers. This team is FRUSTRATING!
Hmm 45-10 then a 21-0 at halftime , so u want to go back to running with teams stacking the box? Think before you post

That option may be better than Alex playing catch with opposing team's DB's. Just a thought. To be fair if alex actually wins a game I will stop.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Maybe all the receivers were covered. Leaving VD and Gore as the only options. This would explain Alex forcing the ball into tight coverage and interceptions.

No crabs was WIDE open on multiple plays, but when alex doesn't even look his way, he will never know!! TRUST ME! HE WAS OPEN!! But smith decided to throw darts high, or in extremely tight coverage! YEha they aren't all his bad, but when u have 3 picks deflected you have to fault the passer!

Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

No crabs was WIDE open on multiple plays, but when alex doesn't even look his way, he will never know!! TRUST ME! HE WAS OPEN!! But smith decided to throw darts high, or in extremely tight coverage! YEha they aren't all his bad, but when u have 3 picks deflected you have to fault the passer!

I trust you!!! I TRUST YOUUUUUUUUUUU

agreed.

You still want Hill?
  • 15crabtre
  • Info N/A
alex smith is not the issue , if you noticed we need to address our wide receiver issue we only have 2 , give alex a break crabtree , and davis then hopefully hill , like i said in 06-08 , he needs a better supporting cast around point blank

agreed.

Does not have an NFL caliber arm. He is a gutty perfermor but the offense is just to limited by him.
I agree that two of the picks were a little flukey. The first one was tipped because it was delivered late (as pointed out by Gannon), but deflected directly to the only Titan in the area. The second one was just classic bad Alex. The last pic was another tipped pass that could have easily been called PI.

I think we should still ride with Smith on Thursday.
Share 49ersWebzone