There are 148 users in the forums

Smith labled a "choke" QB.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He hasn't even played enough yet for that label. But that's how it is when you play qb. At the end of the day if you don't get the win you are to blame. And vice versa. Just comes with being a qb in this league.
It should be called First Fake
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Smith is not a choke qb, he thinks to much and that is why he is only starting to reach his potential. He is starting to play the game and not think to much.
Originally posted by GORO:
Smith is not a choke qb, he thinks to much and that is why he is only starting to reach his potential. He is starting to play the game and not think to much.

That is a good point. He plays best in situations when he can go out and play with a backyard-football mentality. Smith is natural candidate to run the Jim Kelly-style no-huddle offense. Just put him in a shotgun with Gore behind him and spread out the WR's. That is the offense in which he will excel. He doesn't look like the same player when he is behind center in a slow, methodical offense.

They probably called him a choke artist because he has been a skittish QB his entire career. Its not exactly the same but it is similar.
LOL at some people on here. Smith's played enough to be considered the 6th best QB but has not played enough to be considered a Choke artist...

I bet the truth is he's somewhere between these two...
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

Now, here's a choke artist...

This just made my day.
I think they are labeling him as a choke QB because the only highlight anyone ever aired from the texans game was the final play on 4th and 10 when alex smith had all kinds of pressure in his face and threw up an INT. which is an absurd statement to make. man i got tired of seeing that play over and over, they played it like it was the niners game to lose and smith choked instead of saying smith made an amazing comeback but fell short when the oline couldnt block on 4th down.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Too soon for this....time will tell.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Correction, our entire o-line chokes, not Smith, or even when Shaun Hill was under center for that matter.

You can only get so much out of any QB when playing behind the atrocious o-line we have.

this
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

fapping right now

• WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
What a punk.

Alex has some "showing" to do to silence bobbleheads like this.

Go, go, GO, Alex!
Originally posted by D_Niner:
LOL at some people on here. Smith's played enough to be considered the 6th best QB but has not played enough to be considered a Choke artist...

I bet the truth is he's somewhere between these two...

yeah right. i think he's above HIll, and less than Montana. somewhere in there:)
Originally posted by Reckless:
On First take they were discussing The Saints/Falcons game and the fact they consider Ryan's 3 picks "choke throws".

The 1st and 10 crew said there are few QB's like that in the NFL, Jay Cutler, Philip Rivers, and to an extent, McNabb...

Then for whatever reason they brought up Smith saying in the both games he played he had "choke throws".

I don't know about the rest of the zone, but I don't see Smith as a choke artist.

The Seattle game in '06, then the opener in '07. Plus the chance to really play a full season to show more.

At least he is being labled something other than a "bust" now!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He didn't choke in the last 2 games. Not even close.

He didn't choke in those games, but he also didn't win them. He had his chances vs. Houston and the Colts, but had no Montana Like comeback to win it.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

fapping right now

Must....keep....quoting
Share 49ersWebzone