the 49er D is #1 against the rush

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
if we stop the titans rush offense, vince young should offer up some nice INTS

we havent had a pick since Mr Bly thought he was prime time & fumbled the ball
this week should be a good week to get some picks

the mext 2 games we play are against QB who are prone to throw INTs, Vince Young and Gay Cutler, Cutler already has 11 ints on the year

OHHH YEEEEAAHH!!!!

On national TV getting some pick's
what more else can u ask for
besides a W
I see 28th in pass defense. That's a product on McClouphan not being able to draft adequate CB's and Safeties and overpaying for Clement since he's been here. Add that to the list with QB, offensive line, defensive pass rusher and until lucking out on Crabtree falling in their laps WR as positions he hasn't been able to successfully draft.
f**k chris johnson
Originally posted by skibeerski:
I see 28th in pass defense. That's a product on McClouphan not being able to draft adequate CB's and Safeties and overpaying for Clement since he's been here. Add that to the list with QB, offensive line, defensive pass rusher and until lucking out on Crabtree falling in their laps WR as positions he hasn't been able to successfully draft.

U did notice the quarterback's we have have faced so far right???

Warner, Favre, Ryan, Shaub & Manning all all of these guys specialize & torching DB's

but now if Brown can settle in opposite of Spencer our DB play could get better
i mean the niners know something we dont know
thats probably the reason they extended Brown's contract the other day
  • pd24
  • Veteran

The 28th is due to lack of pass rush.
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
getting raped against the pass though

25th vs pass !

we are 18th ! that is not good if we want to be a playoff team !

what are you happy about !

But 9th in TD passes given up with 9. Tied with teams like Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Yds dont kill you TDs do.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

He has a chance to fix it this year, with Eric Berry minus Mark Roman. Key ingredients right there.
Originally posted by English:

25th vs pass !

Small steps. No 1 against the rush is pretty damn good, though
I'm not a moral victory kind of guy.

The last 7 seasons have been so miserable, I'm happy they are #1 in something positive.

Now the 9ers just have to win!!!!!

Originally posted by Kolohe:

He has a chance to fix it this year, with Eric Berry minus Mark Roman. Key ingredients right there.

Indeed, trading Roman for Berry would definitely help the pass d a lot. Monte Kiffin says the kid is ready to start day one in the NFL, as well as the best DB he has ever coached.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I would be excited about this stat if it really meant anything in terms of wins. Having a good statistical showing and still losing a game IMHO doesn't really mean anything.

The Cards were #1 against the run ... until last week in Carolina.

Agreed.

It's a passing league nowadays anyway.

-9fA

Originally posted by pd24:

The 28th is due to lack of pass rush.

No what killed us is that ATL game, those were due to missed tackles not pass rush
Originally posted by DaysOfGlory:

Unfortunately, the team hasn't proven that they're capable of any other type of victory yet.

Our record is where the team should be...

And, yes, it would have been nice to steal a few from Minn, Hou & Indy.

We need the second coming of Fred Dean AND Charles Haley to balance out a top 5 defense.
If this were last year, id be happy we had close losses to min, and indy.. This is the year we were promised to be in the playoffs.

So a moral victory, actually crushes my spirit, I can only imagine the players.

Sing needs to learn to GO FOR BROKE.. we are 3 and 4, what we are doing isnt working.. it needs to change before the season slips away.

Not only that but, I feel with all the quality coaches out of a job, management might have a quick trigger finger, especially since some of what is happening to the team, smells like Nolan.
Most eye popping stat to me is...

49ers are ranked 29th offensively in converting on 3rd down... And the 49ers defense is ranked 30th in stopping opponents on 3rd down....

Those are terrible numbers that you see under .500 teams have all the time.. And we are under .500 right now...

To me:
No real addressing of the offensive line yet.. O-Line is horrid!

Ridiculous stubbornness on the part of Singletary, to try to remain a smash mouth running team. When Alex clearly can show he can get it done through the air..

No creativity in the play calling by Raye whatsoever!

Still no consistent pass rushing threat. Haven't seen it in any one individual since Charles Haley. Haven't seen it in the whole D-Line since the days of Barker-Stubblefield-Young-Doleman...

Those to me are the real problems..... I feel we will have 2 high draft picks this year...
Originally posted by English:

25th vs pass !

Small steps. No 1 against the rush is pretty damn good, though

• Antix
  • Veteran
I don't care where our pass D is ranked as far as yards. All I know is we don't give up too many pts too often excluding the ATL game. Manning threw for well over 300 yds but no TDs so I'll take that.

Our 3rd down D needs to get better but I don't give a damn about passing yards. Pts are what matters.
Share 49ersWebzone