There are 200 users in the forums

What was your comfort level watching Smith play?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What was your comfort level watching Smith play?

Originally posted by TFSP:
First time posting, everyday reader. What's good and what's up to all yall...

I was more worried about the line blocking for Smith. I don't want to see A.S get crunched again, but to answer the question, I wasn't worried about him.

Welcome!

-9fA
Very very uneasy. I couldn't enjoy the game because i kept predicting how Raye would lose it - kinda like the Vikings game.

And alas, we did.

-9fA
hell i'm never with every 9er game. though i did catch myself being too uncomfortable at times, so i had to force myself to relax.

i think i was tense cause i did not want that 2nd half to be a flash in the pan. and as the game went on i was more and more comfortable that it was legit what we saw.

hopefully we just build off this and get only better.
My comfort level ranged from 'boy, he gets the ball there much better than Hill, but man I hope he doesn't give it away like JTO'

confident with Alex 2.0. It was the false starts and OL protection I was uneasy about.
I found it painful to watch the offense when Shaun Hill was in there. Alex appears to be much better than he was in the past, and most of his passes are a pleasure to watch. And I expect him to continue to improve.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I felt like Alex was going to get sacked every play. That's more because of our offensive line though.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
I felt like Alex was going to get sacked every play. That's more because of our offensive line though.

I thought Alex had some really nice pockets in this game. The run blocking lacks pop.
I more worried about Smith getting injured again to be honest. I'm not worried at all about his play anymore. Ill be honest, I was a big Smith fan (still am) but in the back of my mind I was nervous when he got on the field. I think as far as being a QB...he's finally found his way. I just hope he doesnt get injured again.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by TFSP:
First time posting, everyday reader. What's good and what's up to all yall...

I was more worried about the line blocking for Smith. I don't want to see A.S get crunched again, but to answer the question, I wasn't worried about him.

Welcome to zone noob i've always wanted to say that lol and i become a veteran in 8 days wooo

Oh yeah? Well, for the next eight days you're still a noob, noob.

Originally posted by Nuns:
Originally posted by crzy:

I thought Alex had some really nice pockets in this game. The run blocking lacks pop.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=50789

Quote:
Average seconds in the pocket before a throw or a pressure: 2.4
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Give him a couple of games...he still hasn't taken the beating Hill took at the begining of the season, which he will with this oline...we'll see if he can handle that pressure or revert to alex 1.0.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Very very uneasy. I couldn't enjoy the game because i kept predicting how Raye would lose it - kinda like the Vikings game.

And alas, we did.

-9fA

This

Spent more time trying to call the dumb play we were gonna run, so i wasn't really worried about Smith.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Slightly arroused.

You're a bad demon!
I voted "more comfortable than when Hill is in" just for the simple reason that I think they can come back and still win the game with Smith in there. The 9ers pretty much have no chance of winning if they get down by ten or more with Hill in there. And so far, Smith isn't making big mistakes. The two picks he has can be written off. The first one last week was an end of the game desperation bomb and this week's was a deflected pass that went for a pick. So far so good, now let's hope for even more.
Share 49ersWebzone