LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

Another delay of game penalty in the 4th quarter

Shop Find 49ers gear online
the offensive play to the QB.

It looks like in the Houston game and in this game Alex is looking at the sideline and waiting for the play to get called.

He typically has like 10 seconds to get the play off. And there were several times that we were down to 1/2 second when the ball is hiked.

Compare that with Manning, shifting, calling audibles and fake audibles, having a sit down dinner with the OL and receivers before the ball is hiked.

WHY? WHY ? WHY?

The coaches are contributing to a rushed panic play every time they give the Alex 5 seconds left on the clock.
Manning calls his own plays, really cool. I wonder if he will be an OC when he retires.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Manning calls his own plays, really cool. I wonder if he will be an OC when he retires.

I bet he goes to one of the networks for a while as an analysts then goes into coaching. The question is how would his patience be telling someone else how to run the show?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Because Raye is an old fart.
Originally posted by teeohh:

But Matt Shaub wasn't calling his own plays and they still had lots of time.

I'm not asking for a lot. Maybe get the play early enough to hike the ball around 1 sec left on the clock instead of 1/2 a second?
This really frustrates me also. I mean are they waiting to see what the down & distance are & then flipping thru the book to pick a play? They really need to get this $hit together.
I am thinking that part of the issue is the staff trying to figure out how to work our real weapons into the flow of the game. Too many options. Good Problem but we need a solution.
seems like the headsets were down again a lil. the post game alex said something of this. and it sure did seem during the game that he was looking to the side line for the play.

regardless something needs to be fixed.

that said raye is still terrible.
It's obvious the time it's taking to poke Raye with a stick and out of his slumber so he can ask his magic 8 ball if he should run up the middle is hurting us. Something needs to be done. We need more people up there with more sticks jabbing at him throughout the game. This will keep him sharp and efficient.
Because Raye cleans his dentures between plays

I think part is on Alex, he's in his 1st action in 2 years and that's a sign of rust. It's on the QB as much as the coaching staff to get the offensive play off on time.
He needs to put down the pudding pops and get out of the booth maybe?
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
It's obvious the time it's taking to poke Raye with a stick and out of his slumber so he can ask his magic 8 ball if he should run up the middle is hurting us. Something needs to be done. We need more people up there with more sticks jabbing at him throughout the game. This will keep him sharp and efficient.

-9fA
Originally posted by matt49er:
I think part is on Alex, he's in his 1st action in 2 years and that's a sign of rust. It's on the QB as much as the coaching staff to get the offensive play off on time.

no he is just pointing out that many comes to the line of scrimmage with about 20 secs left. we have 10(maybe0. that is not on alex.
It's because Raye can't decide between the plethora of choices:

Run up the middle! no wait, pass! No wait, run up the other middle. No wait, pass! No wait run up the middle.

Alex: hurry up Raye. FB dive?
Share 49ersWebzone