LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Who was the best OC we have had in last 5?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who was the best OC we have had in last 5?

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
it's not even a contest.....
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Judging by this poll, 2% of 49er fans are complete IDIOTS for voting for Hostler!
Originally posted by Chico:
Judging by this poll, 2% of 49er fans are complete IDIOTS for voting for Hostler!

I voted for Hostler just to be a smartass.
Mike Martz made Shuan Hill look like a decent NFL starting QB, that says a lot!
  • the_woad
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9rFan84:
Originally posted by the_woad:
I am tired of the run-first offense, good defense approach. Not in just our team, but the league as a whole. It is kool-aid defensive minded head coaches pour for willing fans.

A running game should be used to ice the lead, not to obtain it. It is a fool's errand.

This team is losing my loyalty. The fans here swoon over a coach who says "we'll cater to our strengths." This idea that our running game is our offensive strength is a mirage.

WHY PLAY DEFENSE ON OFFENSE?!

Then find another team

Done.
Originally posted by 9rFan84:
I am tired of the run-first offense, good defense approach. Not in just our team, but the league as a whole. It is kool-aid defensive minded head coaches pour for willing fans.

A running game should be used to ice the lead, not to obtain it. It is a fool's errand.

This team is losing my loyalty. The fans here swoon over a coach who says "we'll cater to our strengths." This idea that our running game is our offensive strength is a mirage.

WHY PLAY DEFENSE ON OFFENSE?!

Then find another team

Done.

we won't miss you.
Norv is likely to be fired, maybe we should see if he wants his old job back seeing as how he won't likely be getting another HC offer anytime soon. He is good at working with offensive linemen, he might be able to whip the line into shape. Hopefully the NFL finally figures out the Turner=great OC, terrible head coach.
I'd have to say McCarthy...he only had one year on a horrible team, but look what he's done in GB (as head coach, but you know he has huge input on their offense). You could also make an argument for Turner...because the team showed the most improvement under him. Again, only one season, and that has plagued the offensive growth of the team.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Norv is likely to be fired, maybe we should see if he wants his old job back seeing as how he won't likely be getting another HC offer anytime soon. He is good at working with offensive linemen, he might be able to whip the line into shape. Hopefully the NFL finally figures out the Turner=great OC, terrible head coach.

I kinda doubt Turner gets fired.

Even if he does come back as OC, i think that he'll still remain a hot HC candidate - especially if we have a lot of success.

-9fA
Originally posted by Mike8016:
easily Norv.

norv was good, but mccarthy was better. The offense was better with him even though we had tim rattay and brandon lloyd . imagine what he could do with smith gore davis and crabtree
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
norv was good, but mccarthy was better. The offense was better with him even though we had tim rattay and brandon lloyd . imagine what he could do with smith gore davis and crabtree

Agreed. McCarthy was our best coordinator by far, its just that we had high school football talent at the time.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'd have to say McCarthy...he only had one year on a horrible team, but look what he's done in GB (as head coach, but you know he has huge input on their offense). You could also make an argument for Turner...because the team showed the most improvement under him. Again, only one season, and that has plagued the offensive growth of the team.

What McCarthy is doing in GB now doesn't relate to the poll question.

Gore had his monster 1700 season under Norv which gives Turner the win easily.

They took it, our precious.
Share 49ersWebzone