There are 289 users in the forums

Vernon Davis: Are you kidding me!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by susweel:
Dude still is a jackass, but at least he can catch now.

He caught a TD last week that was near the back where he didn't worry at all about pinning his feet down. It was a Td but most receivers will still go for the sure pin. He has missed catches before due to being nonchalant like this.

He may be second in line behind Raye as possible reasons we lost.

Dumb ass TD celebration that got them three points.

Absolutely no effort in tryin to get two feet down on a third down when the play was not vey difficult to do.

This guy has no sense of urgency and still isn't completely there when it comes to team first.

Are you serious right now? Why are you so mad at him lol? Did he kill you puppy? He was in the middle of the freaken endzone? He doesnt need to tap his feet. Why would he make the catch harder than it needs to be?
Hes our best player on offense right now and one of the best TEs in the league this year.

[ Edited by ImaMod on Nov 2, 2009 at 15:06:44 ]
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
The penalty was on Morgan but who do you think probably came up with the idea prior to the game? I wouldn't put it past Vernon to realize he's leading in TDs and begin an Ocho Cinco trademark.

I guess no one has a comment on the lazy catch on 3rd down.

So what youre trying to say is you had no idea who the penalty was on, made a mistake and are now trying to make it appear like Davis' scheme?

I knew who the penalty was on but Vernon is guilty by association or assisting in the crime.

Either way, both Morgan and Vernon need to get their heads out of their asses when catching the football.
Originally posted by pd24:

Absolutely no effort in tryin to get two feet down on a third down when the play was not vey difficult to do.

This guy has no sense of urgency and still isn't completely there when it comes to team first.

The celebration was Morgans fault because he went down to a knee and took a fake pic of Davis. You can't celebtate in a group or go to the ground. The 3rd down catch, Davis has to do better and know where he is at.

Well, I think that is why Davis is a TE and not a WR. Davis doesn't have the body control a WR would normally have to make sure to drag his 2nd foot.
Originally posted by ImaMod:

He caught a TD last week that was near the back where he didn't worry at all about pinning his feet down. It was a Td but most receivers will still go for the sure pin. He has missed catches before due to being nonchalant like this.

Are you serious right now? Why are you so mad at him lol? Did he kill you puppy? He was in the middle of the freaken endzone? He doesnt need to tap his feet. Why would he make the catch harder than it needs to be?
Hes our best player on offense right now and one of the best TEs in the league this year.

Because we lost and it's these types of brainfarts that keep us from sustaining drives. Since he's the usual suspect when it comes to arrogance, he better make the completion.
What else can we b***h about? I don't like how Gore wears his socks. WTF. Fire Jimmy Raye...
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
The penalty was on Morgan but who do you think probably came up with the idea prior to the game? I wouldn't put it past Vernon to realize he's leading in TDs and begin an Ocho Cinco trademark.

Lol youre assuming every little thing just to make him look bad. This is worst than you in your JTO days.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
OMG you guys are dumb he SCORED A TD. it helped us take the lead if anything its the OC fault for not using him enough. He is unstopable in the red zone and against LB or FS/SS its a mismatch all day and we dont use this to out advantage. If anything its the numb ass NFL fault for being so uptight and Raye for being the dumbest OC ever. Davis is a beast of a TE now just admit and get over your hate. If it wasn't for him the Texans game would have been a blowout and Alex would be bashed because he sucked that game as well.
Were supposed to be supporting out players that are busting there asses of to be better players and for the team. AKA Gore Alex Crabs Davis Staley Willis Spikes etc. Not hate on them for something so small.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Davis is much improved.

Still a showboat.

Not as detailed as you would like.

Should rake lessons from watching Dallas Clark. Not every catch has to be a touchdown. They all have to be made , with purpose.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by miked1978:
What else can we b***h about? I don't like how Gore wears his socks. WTF. Fire Jimmy Raye...

Oh my God !!!! You notice that about Gore's socks to!!!

It's about effort.

FYI, I have been in support of VD in almost every VD attitude thread but even when receivers know they will be in bounds, they still make the effort to confirm the two feet.

These are the types of things that kill drives.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

Because we lost and it's these types of brainfarts that keep us from sustaining drives. Since he's the usual suspect when it comes to arrogance, he better make the completion.

Him scoring a touchdown without tapping/dragging his feet lost us the game? If youre talking about the penalty then that was on Morgan, which was a pretty dumb call...Some of these rules are pretty stupid..
I've changed my mind, Vernon Davis is a bust and he sucks...

This thread has opened my eyes
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Him scoring a touchdown without tapping/dragging his feet lost us the game? If youre talking about the penalty then that was on Morgan, which was a pretty dumb call...Some of these rules are pretty stupid..
He is talking about tapping his feet on a 3rd down pass that would have been a 1st down to keep the drive going. He didn't, we had to punt. Watch the game.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

So what youre trying to say is you had no idea who the penalty was on, made a mistake and are now trying to make it appear like Davis' scheme?

I knew who the penalty was on but Vernon is guilty by association or assisting in the crime.

Either way, both Morgan and Vernon need to get their heads out of their asses when catching the football.

Guilty for catching a touchdown pass? Did Davis tell Morgan to start celebrating with him? At what point will you stop theorizing and realize you're flat wrong?

Also, if you had reviewed the tape, you'd know that Davis just didn't have the right body positioning to make that catch inside the sideline.

Please stop.
Share 49ersWebzone