There are 414 users in the forums

N. Clements might be out for season..fractured shoulder blade

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by dj43:
A well-run team does not put one of their best players back returning punts. PERIOD.

Tim Brown was the punt returner in Oakland for years while being their #1 receiver.

Does John Taylor count??

I forgot about Taylor. I'm too young.
A well-run team does not put one of their best players back returning punts. PERIOD.

Tim Brown was the punt returner in Oakland for years while being their #1 receiver.

Does John Taylor count??

John Taylor was certainly not the #1. He was a #2. Putting Clements back there would be equivalent of putting Jerry Rice back there to return kicks. Totally absurd.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Does John Taylor count??

John Taylor was certainly not the #1. He was a #2. Putting Clements back there would be equivalent of putting Jerry Rice back there to return kicks. Totally absurd.

Disagree with your analogy.

I don't even think Nate Clements is our best cornerback. Shawntae Spencer is our best cornerback. That's why he was covering Reggie Wayne and Clements was moved to the slot.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Does John Taylor count??

Now that comment is ridiculous. Clements is nowhere near the playmaker Jerry Rice was, which is also absurd since we are now comparing two totally different positions. John Taylor was a 1,000 yard receiver.

Injuries happen in the NFL get use to it. Shoot Clements could've hurt his shoulder defending a pass, same thing.

Does John Taylor count??

Disagree with your analogy.

I don't even think Nate Clements is our best cornerback. Shawntae Spencer is our best cornerback. That's why he was covering Reggie Wayne and Clements was moved to the slot.

Not even close. Spencer covers the #2, and #3 guys most of the season. And for the majority of the season Clements covers the Super Star WR. He's the best cover corner.

It's besides the damn point. We HAD A RETURN GUY. singFRAUD cut him to keep TASER guys and BENCHWARMERS. That's the freakin reality. People can brush it under the rug all they want but that's what it is man.

Does John Taylor count??

Now that comment is ridiculous. Clements is nowhere near the playmaker Jerry Rice was, which is also absurd since we are now comparing two totally different positions. John Taylor was a 1,000 yard receiver.

Injuries happen in the NFL get use to it. Shoot Clements could've hurt his shoulder defending a pass, same thing.

But he didn't. And we used to have a KR / PR who was performing fine BTW. It didn't have to be...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Does John Taylor count??

But he didn't. And we used to have a KR / PR who was performing fine BTW. It didn't have to be...

Point is, no matter what injuries happen. Only way to avoid injuries in the NFL, is to wrap a belt with two velcro flags attached to the players, would you be happy then??

Tell me, if we had Devin Hester returning punts and kicks for us, would you be mad that he is?? Because he would definitely be one of our most explosive players on offense.

Does John Taylor count??

Point is, no matter what injuries happen. Only way to avoid injuries in the NFL, is to wrap a belt with two velcro flags attached to the players, would you be happy then??

Tell me, if we had Devin Hester returning punts and kicks for us, would you be mad that he is?? Because he would definitely be one of our most explosive players on offense.

We would use him mostly on SPECIAL TEAMS where he really shines. Offense is for DIVA and VD.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Does John Taylor count??

We would use him mostly on SPECIAL TEAMS where he really shines.
Offense is for DIVA and VD.

For one, you don't know how we would use him. Two, he is a playmaker that still could be injured, Hester can play WR, CB and ST. Like I said, injuries are to football like crashes are to NASCAR.....
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
http://twitter.com/mattmaiocco

Might be the end of his 49er career. Brown did a great job today!

huh? I saw brown trailing in coverage many times today, Manning just missed the reciever

should of would of could of but didn't played great. The results are what count.

And why do you suppose that was?

And now maybe some of those looney tunes who were calling for Clements to be the punt or kick returner ought to shut their "pie traps".

Go coaches in waiting.

[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Nov 2, 2009 at 08:35:24 ]

Once again cutting Rossum has hurt this team. This is a big injury somebody gotta step it up. Hope he has a full recovery. i'll worry bout the money situation and should the Niners cut him once the season is over.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
another brilliant move having clements return punts. this coaching staff is completly retarded in every aspect of the game

That's true. They are a bunch of morons. You don't put your 80 million dollar man back there returning punts. Now we have to eat more of his overloaded contract.
What is it with the broken sholder blades? You never see this in football, and we have had three this season!!
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Ironically it stopped after he tore up his knee...
As far as I heard Clements got injured on a Nickel package covering not Punt Returning per ESPN.

[ Edited by Norwalks_Best on Nov 2, 2009 at 10:54:50 ]
Share 49ersWebzone