There are 221 users in the forums

N. Clements might be out for season..fractured shoulder blade

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
You guys that are saying that we shouldn't be putting our supposedly best cb for punt returner really make laugh. He is a professional athlete and this is football, injuries happen its a risk they take.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
You guys that are saying that we shouldn't be putting our supposedly best cb for punt returner really make laugh. He is a professional athlete and this is football, injuries happen its a risk they take.

True but you're talking about putting your best DB, wait 80 Million dollar DB in a position to get killed..which happened. Better decision would have been to put one of those WR's or cheaper CB's back there especially on a team that has piss poor depth.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jcs:

True but you're talking about putting your best DB, wait 80 Million dollar DB in a position to get killed..which happened. Better decision would have been to put one of those WR's or cheaper CB's back there especially on a team that has piss poor depth.

Well if your talking about better decisions, then it would be best to use him at PR because you are getting more your moneys worth. Also I think its pretty clear, even on the punt returns that Nate has lost a step. The man looks slower then he was in the past.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
I think we will cut him next year. Brown started the game yesterday, Nate started as the #4 CB. I think Brown has better coverage skills right now.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Well if your talking about better decisions, then it would be best to use him at PR because you are getting more your moneys worth. Also I think its pretty clear, even on the punt returns that Nate has lost a step. The man looks slower then he was in the past.

You noticed that too...Another reason I would have pulled him after the first punt return...
Originally posted by pd24:
I think we will cut him next year. Brown started the game yesterday, Nate started as the #4 CB. I think Brown has better coverage skills right now.

You cannot possibly be serious.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

You noticed that too...Another reason I would have pulled him after the first punt return...

We can see that from the little footage that we have. The coaches really must see it in there coaches film and in practice. There is a reason that he got demoted.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

He is due like 6 million next year. If the DB's (Spencer and Brown) play well while Nate is out, there is no reason to be paying a guy that much money to be the 3rd or 4th CB. He was the 4th CB going into yesterdays game.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

We can see that from the little footage that we have. The coaches really must see it in there coaches film and in practice. There is a reason that he got demoted.

The fact that this team is making MAJOR roster adjustments mid season tells me the coaches don't really know what they are doing.

He is due like 6 million next year. If the DB's (Spencer and Brown) play well while Nate is out, there is no reason to be paying a guy that much money to be the 3rd or 4th CB. He was the 4th CB going into yesterdays game.

He's the best all-around cornerback on the team. You don't just cut the guy because he's making $6 million next year. That's the most asinine thing I've ever heard. No one here is comfortable with Spencer and Brown as our starting corners next year.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

He's the best all-around cornerback on the team. You don't just cut the guy because he's making $6 million next year. That's the most asinine thing I've ever heard. No one here is comfortable with Spencer and Brown as our starting corners next year.

I would rather spend that 6 million on a pass rusher and go with Spencer and Brown as the starters.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

This.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

That is how the NFL works. Even MM stated that he thinks Nate will be cut if Brown and Spencer keep playing well. Spencer has been better than Nate this year.

You're "getting your money's worth" by putting him at PR? We paid him to play CB and now he can't do that the rest of the year because we let him return punts. Is that what you call "getting your money's worth"?
Any word on if they are going to resign Eric Green from the preseason? Heard his name tossed around but only as a possibility on the radio.
Share 49ersWebzone