LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

If Singeltary holds people accountable then Raye must go.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Apone
  • Veteran
He is putrid. Its always text book that Raye always runs on 1st downs, which amazes me. Our o-line can't block, and no doubtly were always on passing on third downs. It took Sing 3 monts, to land jimmy raye, really 3 months to get Jimmy Raye

[ Edited by Apone on Nov 1, 2009 at 14:15:31 ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
It's time to see what Mike Johnson can do with this team calling plays.
Originally posted by Peanut49:
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by CheapThrill:
Jimmy,

What the hell are you doing? Who taught you to call plays? What the F happened to Vernon? Every team in the league knows how to utilize their Tight End how come we don't?

Your Boss

Yeah, our OC has no idea how to use the TE. That's why our TE leads the NFL in touchdowns.

He really doesn't. Smith does however.

Then Smith should be calling the plays while Jimmy sleeps.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Agreed I'm so sick of this conservative bulls**t. We're not good enough to be conservative we gotta take some risks and stretch out these leads cuz good qbs will kick our ass every time in the 2nd half.

word
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Raye is this teams biggest problem, that old f**ker needs to go.
Originally posted by BavarianNiner:
Agreed I'm so sick of this conservative bulls**t. We're not good enough to be conservative we gotta take some risks and stretch out these leads cuz good qbs will kick our ass every time in the 2nd half.

word

exactly what I was thinking. This team is not good enough to be conservative. We should go all out especially on O
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by BavarianNiner:

word

exactly what I was thinking. This team is not good enough to be conservative. We should go all out especially on O

Dude were not mike martz no more is coach Singletary decision to run the ball.
As soon as they realize that the pass will open up there running game and not vise versa then they will be fine. Gore's best runs came after big passing plays. Every time they ran on first down it only gained 1.5 to 2.5 yards then on 2nd down we either lost yards or we had a penalty which created a 3rd and long. If you keep a good team around long enough they will find a way to beat you and that is what happened today. Raye needs to step up or he should get fired and promote Johnson or Rathman to take over as the OC.

On a side note, if I see Isaac Bruce out on the street I am going to punch him in his face. His lack of effort out on the field is pissing me off! Some of those passes from Smith weren't that bad but Bruce just didn't even try to make a great catch and when he did catch one he went down or went out of bounds. You suck Bruce and I can't wait until he is off our team!
I just don't understand why he makes the calls he does. Can someone please explain why the OC of any team wouldn't make calls which fit his players the best? Why would he not have Alex in the shot gun with multiple WR sets when that is what he does the best? The team runs so much better when Alex is comfortable, but still doesn't do it. He cost the team this game with his horrible play calling. He sucks and needs to go. Promote the QB coach to OC for the rest of the year.
Share 49ersWebzone