LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Tarell Brown will start against Indy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Clements is on the way out. I called this as soon Brown was given the extension.

I called the Rossum release and now this. You people really need to start listening to what I say because it usually comes true. Im like the Nostradamus of the webzone. haha

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=132413&highlight=susweel

Lol, Clements is not on the way out, he's had some very good games, only bad game he had was against ATL, and a bad play or two against the Vikings.

This is more of a strategic move than anything else.

When you have to demoted your 80 million dollar CB as "defensive strategy" then that means there is serious problem.

Why? NFL = match ups.

Some guys just don't match up well against others. I'm glad our coaching staff is actually trying to put us in the best position to win.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by Winners:
Ok, for everyone out here saying this is some sort of a defensive strategy, then why isn't our defensive strategy to put our best CB on their best WR? Yeah, Clark is good and all, but Wayne is way better, way more dangerous. If Brown is good enough to start why isn't he good enough to cover Clark???

I'm a total homer, but this and the Rossum cut really have me shaking my head. I even think Jimmy Raye is doing a good job and that we'll make the playoffs.

Wayne rarely lines up on the right side, he's always on the left side. Clements always lines up against the WR on the right side of the field.

You don't go from shutting down AJ to getting benched against Austin Collie...yes, this is a defensive strategy.

Also, CB's don't cover TE's, if they do, somebody missed an assignment or it's a terrible play play call. It's the LB's and Saftey's job to cover TE's.

They can if the TE lines up as a slot reciever as much as Clark did. The Falcons covered Vern at times with a corner IIRC. Besides, none of our LBs or Safeties can cover Clark.
"I'm told this is a one-week demotion for Clements based on the team's belief that Brown matches up better against the style of receivers the 49ers will face against the Colts." - Maiocco

"Brown is set to take over at left cornerback for Nate Clements because the 49ers' coaches believe he matches up better against the Indianapolis Colts' receivers."
People are reading to much into this long term, I think this move is for this game only.
Seems to me to be a strategic move.. Chess match against Peyton and Moore.. Maybe use Nate to move under in Indy's 3 to 4 wide out sets to cover Clark.. Aside from the Falcon game, Nate has had a good year.. Everyone get's blown up once or twice a year, even Champ Bailey...

Only guy I never saw get blown up was a seasoned Deion Sanders...

Although Matt Maiocco mentions that if your paying 80 million to a guy who is supposed to be a shut down corner, you'll match him up against anyone.. Afterall Singletary did say Brown matches up better against Indy's wide outs.. And also Nate is due 6 Mill next year...

Hummmmmmmmmm... Right now, anybodies guess as to what is really going on...

Hopefully Brown can come in and kick some arse!!!!!
I'm not mad that we're moving Nate inside for this game...nor do I think that this is a full-time demotion...

...I'm actually upset that this information was leaked out. It's essentially a part of our game plan, and now Indy has more 411.
Oh boy this scares me, Manning is lethal with the play-action and those double move routes they run. I hope brown does not take too many chances.
Clements is on the way out. I called this as soon Brown was given the extension.

I called the Rossum release and now this. You people really need to start listening to what I say because it usually comes true. Im like the Nostradamus of the webzone. haha

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=132413&highlight=susweel

You can toot your horn when he's actually released.

-9fA
There is a simple explanation to this....

Nate Clements is a physical corner who matches up better against size versus speed. Brown is younger and faster and matches up better against speed. Also, lately TE's have been doing very well against our defense. Nate is probably the best guy we have to match up against Dallas Clark.

I think this is a good move. Hopefully Nate can shut down Clark. That would seriously limit what Manning likes to do with the ball.
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Oh boy this scares me, Manning is lethal with the play-action and those double move routes they run. I hope brown does not take too many chances.

Actually Clements is very susceptible to double moves so i can see where the coaches are coming from on this.

-9fA

Nate is such a big hitter (for a CB) and good tackler (again for a CB, the White play notwithstanding) that if Brown works out at CB, move Nate to SS

Bob Sanders is about the same Size (5'8") -- he seems to do ok at SS

Please no more Roman

Now Goldson has the green dot.

I would mind seeing #22 flying to the sideline nailing some WR about to make a catch on the sideline.

Ronnie was only a CB for 5 years (he moved to Safety in 86 when we drafted Griffin / McKyer

Griffin, McKyer, Lott, Fuller (that was a great secondary, with Dwight Hicks and the Hot Licks being #1 of course)

Spencer, Brown, Goldson, Clements
Clements to FS! With Brown and Spencer starting we would still have Bly and Hudson on the pine.

Originally posted by blm7754:

Nate Clements is a physical corner who matches up better against size versus speed. Brown is younger and faster and matches up better against speed. Also, lately TE's have been doing very well against our defense. Nate is probably the best guy we have to match up against Dallas Clark.

I think this is a good move. Hopefully Nate can shut down Clark. That would seriously limit what Manning likes to do with the ball.

I agree, I feel like this move of Singletary's is similar to Don Nelson changing his line up to match up against a new team / different players every few nights.

I have always like T. Brown and feel like he was a major steal in the middle rounds after being projected a 2nd round pick. He dropped due to character concerns when he was just surrounding himself by the wrong people in Austin.

He has always made the most of his opportunities when given playing time. I hope that continues tomorrow.
[ Edited by global_nomad on Oct 31, 2009 at 12:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Jigga:
I'm not mad that we're moving Nate inside for this game...nor do I think that this is a full-time demotion...

...I'm actually upset that this information was leaked out. It's essentially a part of our game plan, and now Indy has more 411.

I agree. It would be nice to surprise the Colts with this one; they already have so many advantages in the game.
Originally posted by blm7754:

Share 49ersWebzone