There are 147 users in the forums

jersey color vs colts?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The NFL doesn't actually define home jerseys and away jerseys. The home team selects what jersey they are going to wear for the game and the away team wears the opposite. Look it up if you don't believe me. The Cowboys and the Redskins are the only teams in the NFL that choose to wear white at home though.

EDIT: I was just informed that the Bucs and the Dolphins wear white at homes during the early part of the year to deflect the heat and give themselves a competitive advantage in the sunny Florida weather. Take the Dolphins for example, they wore their colored jerseys against the Colts at home but a few weeks later as the Bills came into town, they wore white.
[ Edited by schmons on Oct 29, 2009 at 8:12 PM ]
I have always wondered why a team wears white jerseys for away. What if you wear red(like the niners) and the team you are playing wears blue(like the colts) if your QB gets blue confused for red then he should be fired.
I'm pretty sure the white uniforms were introduced to the sports world when black and white TV's became popular.... It was hard to tell the difference between 2 similar sets of color so one team was required to wear white. Of course we don't have this problem because we live in high-definition now
Originally posted by schmons:
I'm pretty sure the white uniforms were introduced to the sports world when black and white TV's became popular.... It was hard to tell the difference between 2 similar sets of color so one team was required to wear white. Of course we don't have this problem because we live in high-definition now

that has never crossed my mind. Good point.
Originally posted by schmons:
The NFL doesn't actually define home jerseys and away jerseys. The home team selects what jersey they are going to wear for the game and the away team wears the opposite. Look it up if you don't believe me. The Cowboys and the Redskins are the only teams in the NFL that choose to wear white at home though.

EDIT: I was just informed that the Bucs and the Dolphins wear white at homes during the early part of the year to deflect the heat and give themselves a competitive advantage in the sunny Florida weather. Take the Dolphins for example, they wore their colored jerseys against the Colts at home but a few weeks later as the Bills came into town, they wore white.

jacksonville too
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by Big_Hit_28:
generally the colts wear white at home i believe. so that would lead me to think we will be wearing red correct? doin laundry trying to figure out which jersey to wear come sunday

What kind of jersey do you have that could be washed in the laundry?

Just looked at my jersey which is authentic and it says it can be machined washed cold

so my bad
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Ramp19 stoner:
Originally posted by momoney925:
Originally posted by chucksteak49:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Hey everybody this guy is cool he doesnt have to ever wash his football jerseys he is too much of a man grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

i'm just sayin'...
i didn't realize people wash jerseys.
not like we're the ones out there sweating in 'em and getting them dirty.

same.i wear my jersey every gameday but i never wash em.
its not like they get dirty or anything.

I don't wash mine either but I have Dwight Clark throwback that he signed when we saw him the lot tailgating. He signed it with a sharpie and if the water hits it will smear everywhere.

Sharpies DON'T smear as long as the ink has set. If this was the last home game okay. But if this was a while ago then it's probably getting a bit ripe. Wash it in COLD water and it should be fine. ***Remember Hot makes colors bleed.*** I've been doing my own laundry since I was in the 4th grade. It should be fine.

~Ceadder

Yes they DO smear Mr wash expert!! Keep washing your clothes like a fourth grader I'll be fine with out your advice! I already tried spot testing it with cold water it still smears. The ink is permenant but it bleeds and smears into the fabric once the ink gets wet again. I even took it to a dry cleaner to see if there was something they could do and their chemicals would either smear or take of the signature totally. The guy even told me not to put water on it as this would cause the ink to bleed futher into the fabric. He said the ink would not come out it would just bleed and smear and become illegible. I've kinda spot washed the jersey to take out some of the funk but I haven't given't the full on soak or machine wash. I don't want to lose #87's signature. Thanks to that man hands we had dynasty!
[ Edited by Ramp19Stoner on Oct 29, 2009 at 9:03 PM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Afrikan:

I say we go with the throwbacks....

throwbacks??? more like throwaways!
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
how about white jerseys and red pants so we can look like Nebraska

NEBRASKA SUCKS........... GO PENN STATE
Originally posted by Ramp19Stoner:
Yes they DO smear Mr wash expert!! Keep washing your clothes like a fourth grader I'll be fine with out your advice! I already tried spot testing it with cold water it still smears. The ink is permenant but it bleeds and smears into the fabric once the ink gets wet again. I even took it to a dry cleaner to see if there was something they could do and their chemicals would either smear or take of the signature totally. The guy even told me not to put water on it as this would cause the ink to bleed futher into the fabric. He said the ink would not come out it would just bleed and smear and become illegible. I've kinda spot washed the jersey to take out some of the funk but I haven't given't the full on soak or machine wash. I don't want to lose #87's signature. Thanks to that man hands we had dynasty!

Dude don't get your panties in a twist over it. I was just saying that it's my EXPERIENCE that sharpies don't smear. It's PERMANENT ink. I believe that a key component is "India Ink" and if anyone knows anything about that stuff they know that it does not smear and it's damn near impossible to get out.

Now bleeding further into the fabric? I can see that but smearing isn't something that I would even think possible. Considering that the ink actually has to be exposed for an object to smear it. Since the ink is set it's a bit difficult to "smear".

I have a shirt that I have autographed from back in '92 or so that I've washed HUNDREDS of times. Is the autograph pristine looking? No. But it definitely is NOT smeared and it is STILL legible.

But hey since you went to an "expert" about it who am I to give you some friendly advice? My bad I should have known better. How can I ever look myself in the face ever again. Goodbye cold cruel world.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 29, 2009 at 9:49 PM ]

• B650
  • Veteran
Who washes autographed jerseys? I'd wear it, be careful, and then put it back in the closet. I have never washed a jersey in my life. Isn't that an unwritten rule or something?

I have a big collection so I can keep rotating. If one should get dirty, I'll sell it or give it to someone else.
[ Edited by B650 on Oct 29, 2009 at 9:50 PM ]
Originally posted by B650:
Who washes autographed jerseys? I'd wear it, be careful, and then put it back in the closet. I have never washed a jersey in my life. Isn't that an unwritten rule or something?

I have a big collection so I can keep rotating. If one should get dirty, I'll sell it or give it to someone else.

I would NEVER wear an autographed Jersey. Imagine getting into it with a Raider fan in the parking lot. That nice pristine autographed jersey isn't worth using as a car wash rag now.

Point was that if you do wear them B then take care of them. I believe washing is acceptable so long as it's cold only and then line dried. Never tumbled.

But hey I don't have one and would NEVER wear it anyway. That's wall art in my opinion.

~Ceadder
yea i say we go with throwbacks too
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Trajik1:
yea i say we go with throwbacks too

Love those unis.
i wish we could wear whites pants as an alternate! someone give me jed yorks email
Share 49ersWebzone