Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by billybonka:
one solid half and everyone is back on the wagon

I never left. Wanted him over Hill day uno

This

yup, never gave up on Smith. we all knew he would rise from the flames and destroy the worlds great defenses in a Godly fashion!!! rock on alex!!!

uh you have a little jizzim left on your cheek.
I recollect Meyer mentioning that the moment Smith releases the ball faster it shows how much confidence/acquaintance he has within the given offensive system.

-Well this statement rang pretty true during the Texans game (let's hope it continues), besides the scrambles and evasive-maneuvers from the pocket collapsing, Smith wasn't holding that ball for more than under 2 seconds. (It's also why he didn't get sacked cause he also made the smart moves by getting rid of it when the coverage gave him nothing to offer.)

Raye is literally running a vanilla 'Norv' system, so it's no wonder Alex looked as if he was ready to go after riding the bench for the first quarter of the season. Let's pray this consistency continues though, and that the offense protects Smith.
Did anyone see Alex interview on Monday ! when he learned he was going to be the starter vs the Colts he had his game face on ! I hope he keeps it all week long !
Originally posted by cNiner:
Did anyone see Alex interview on Monday ! when he learned he was going to be the starter vs the Colts he had his game face on ! I hope he keeps it all week long !

do you have a link?
Originally posted by wolfpack219:
So now the question is why was he so fluent in his play on Sunday? Was it because he knows how the NFL is? Because he now knows a new system for 2009? Is Rayes system very similar to his successful season in 07? I personally think it is because he is older and more mature plus he knows the speed on the NFL now. JMO.

We THREW the football most of the time.

Alex is most comfortable in a throwing offense.

NOT a 50/50 offense, but a THROWING offense.

Every time we throw the ball at least 70/30, good things seem to happen.

Of course, this does not include the "injured Alex" days.
This is a very interesting, and positive thread. I'm a niner fan before a Smith/Hill/neither QB fan. So whatever makes the team win is fine by me.

GO NINERS
Alex needs to manage the play clock better.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by wolfpack219:
So now the question is why was he so fluent in his play on Sunday? Was it because he knows how the NFL is? Because he now knows a new system for 2009? Is Rayes system very similar to his successful season in 07? I personally think it is because he is older and more mature plus he knows the speed on the NFL now. JMO.

We THREW the football most of the time.

Alex is most comfortable in a throwing offense.

NOT a 50/50 offense, but a THROWING offense.

Every time we throw the ball at least 70/30, good things seem to happen.

Of course, this does not include the "injured Alex" days.

So it is Alex's fault that he actually threw the ball and Hill did not?
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
okay, so now no more excuses right? He's had time to learn and recover from his shoulder injury.

Absolutely right. I've been an Alex supporter. Now we are going to find out if he can do it or if he can't. He's 25 now, he's been around for 5 years, he's healthy, and it's time to find out if he can play or not. We'll know in the next couple of months whether we need a QB in the draft or if we have one.
Originally posted by pd24:
okay, so now no more excuses right? He's had time to learn and recover from his shoulder injury.

Thats right. If he fails now we can say he was a bust and move on. I hope he plays like the #1 player taken in the draft.

thats how i feel and i started to bandwagon thread

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by billybonka:
one solid half and everyone is back on the wagon

I never left. Wanted him over Hill day uno

This

yup, never gave up on Smith. we all knew he would rise from the flames and destroy the worlds great defenses in a Godly fashion!!! rock on alex!!!

uh you have a little jizzim left on your cheek.

im sorry if i dont lick everything up and swallow as good as you
Originally posted by dbdublin:

Absolutely right. I've been an Alex supporter. Now we are going to find out if he can do it or if he can't. He's 25 now, he's been around for 5 years, he's healthy, and it's time to find out if he can play or not. We'll know in the next couple of months whether we need a QB in the draft or if we have one.

that was one of the main things I wanted to establish this season. Only my standpoint was to weed out Smith and Hill as possible QB's. But if smith can do it for us, I'm all for it.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Straight from the horses mouth...

"If there's gray out there for me," he said, "which a lot of times there is for me in a new offense, I play at such a slower pace than I do when I'm comfortable.

"But when I really know everything, and I go out there and react and cut it loose, it goes from really, really average to pretty good. The goal is to eliminate as much gray as possible." - Alex

article
Jim Hostler was his 49ers coach, Dilfer was his mentor.
  • dj43
I understand what Meyer said, and how it impacts Smith, or any player.

However, THE KEY point for me is not JUST the fact he has had time to thoroughly learn Raye's simplified offense, but he has also had a quality QB coach for the first time since he came here. As I watched him last Sunday, and noted the mechanical things, how he took his drops, his moves in the pocket, all of it, this was an ENTIRELY different guy than the one that played here two years ago. I give all that credit to Mike Johnson, the first really good coach Smith has had. Now Smith not only knows what the system is designed to do, but he knows how HE should operate within it mechanically.
Share 49ersWebzone