LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

Urban Meyer's famous quote on Alex

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by linkboy:
Ok, it wasn't the OC's leaving every year that caused problems, it was the fact that Nolan couldn't pick an offensive scheme (or didn't care to).

McCarthy runs the West Coast Offense
Turner runs a Coryell offense.
Hostler ran a WTF offense (becuase that's the look it would put on your face)
Martz's offense is Coryell based, but he doesn't care about the TE or RB.

Had Nolan picked an offensive scheme and based his OC picks around that, the problem would have been negated. Instead, by making the picks he did, he was basically rebooting the offense every season. New schemes, new terminology, new setup.

Just terrible.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Ok, it wasn't the OC's leaving every year that caused problems, it was the fact that Nolan couldn't pick an offensive scheme (or didn't care to).

Had Nolan picked an offensive scheme and based his OC picks around that, the problem would have been negated. Instead, by making the picks he did, he was basically rebooting the offense every season. New schemes, new terminology, new setup.

Just terrible.

My post or Nolan's decision making.

Just terrible.

This.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

Just terrible.

This.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Dumbass Nolan and FO for the constant revolving door at OC. Sadly if Alex does play well we will be stuck with Raye. His blocking scheme I partly blame for the Oline probs

If Alex plays well, then the offense is playing well and I hope we will be "stuck" with Raye.

It makes no sense to blame the problems Alex experienced early in his career on the revolving door we've had at OC and then act like it would be a good thing to get rid of another OC after only one year if Alex is playing well.
I hope Alex shows us what he has got & comes to play the rest of the year!
We have to remember, Alex was already our QB for a while. One half doesn't make or break a player. I would give it at least 4-5 games before we can judge if he is truly going to be our starter for the rest of the reason & for years to come. His play this season will also determine what we do with the two first rd picks.
Honestly, I didn't think Alex would play that well vs the Texans, but it happened. We never thought Crabtree was gonna sign or VD will ever change, but those happened too.
He is our QB now, let's hope for the best, but I'm not jumping the gun.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
okay, so now no more excuses right? He's had time to learn and recover from his shoulder injury.

Definitely no more excuses. This is basically his last chance to prove himself.
Originally posted by billybonka:
one solid half and everyone is back on the wagon

For me its not being back on Alex's bandwagon. Its more the harsh reality that Shaun Hill is garbage and that Smith is the only hope for this team at QB. Smith has 10 games to prove himself and what he does will determine if the Niners need to draft someone like Clausson, Locker, or Bradford next year.
Well honestly all i hope for is that those that once doubted, gives him the same respect that even some of us smith fans gave Hill. Upon entering the season, we had 6 games, and when we were 3-1, some people complained about lack of passing execution, but most still came with the Hill's our guy. So i say this, Hill passed for 5 td's through 6 games, and Smith has 3 in one half. So i just hope most are fair in saying it may not be an overnight thing, especially with playing the Colts. But even if we lose, and i hope we dont. If Smith puts points on the board, and actually gets the ball to our WR's rather than just Davis, then it's already a step up, in the right direction.
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Oct 28, 2009 at 11:29 AM ]

(((((::::EXACLTY:::::))))) what I've been saying on here.

FOLKS SEEM TO HAVE FORGOTTEN ABOUT THAT OR JUST THINK THEY KNOW BETTER! (Nolan did!)

Maybe we need to finally listen to Coach Meyer.

Looks like Raye and Sing are listening bc they did not rush him and Raye is spreading it out for Alex, which made him very effective. Alex look very comfortable out there!!!!

Go get it Alex!!! I got your back baby!!!!!
[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Oct 28, 2009 at 11:35 AM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

For me its not being back on Alex's bandwagon. Its more the harsh reality that Shaun Hill is garbage and that Smith is the only hope for this team at QB. Smith has 10 games to prove himself and what he does will determine if the Niners need to draft someone like Clausson, Locker, or Bradford next year.

this is the way it is.
I liked Alex's confidence, and also he seemed to be in an up tempo for that second half. I hope he can keep that up tempo going during games, because all of a sudden we can dictate the flow of the game for a change.

A chip on the shoulder can also do wonders for a guy.

I never left. Wanted him over Hill day uno

This
Originally posted by backontop:

I never left. Wanted him over Hill day uno

This

yup, never gave up on Smith. we all knew he would rise from the flames and destroy the worlds great defenses in a Godly fashion!!! rock on alex!!!
Share 49ersWebzone