There are 374 users in the forums

Will Frank Gore have 1000 yds.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Frank Gore have 1000 yds.....

He is really gonna have to work for it the way the season is going. I hope he finishes strong along with the rest of the team!
If our passing attack opens D`s up look for frank to have alot og big gainers, Remember "21 is the bellcow in this Offense" .
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Barlow, I mean Gore will once again underperform.

Thanks Nostradamus.
with the way this o-line has played, no way. teams constantly stacking the box and the line cannot block at all.

if you take away gores long runs, both Coffee and gore are averaging about 2.5yds a carry.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
with the way this o-line has played, no way. teams constantly stacking the box and the line cannot block at all.

if you take away gores long runs, both Coffee and gore are averaging about 2.5yds a carry.

If you take away Jesus Christ being crucified, we're all dead.
Originally posted by B650:

• B650
  • Veteran

I actually agree with you though, the offensive line this year has been horrible, but I think I saw the run game improve a tad in the 2nd half of the Houston game. I really think Alex being in there will improve the run game, so we'll see. The Colts aren't that great against the run. The good thing is that with Alex in there, we don't absolutely have to run the ball. With Hill, it was a necessity. With Alex, we can actually pass to set up the run, when the run isn't working.

I actually agree with you though, the offensive line this year has been horrible, but I think I saw the run game improve a tad in the 2nd half of the Houston game. I really think Alex being in there will improve the run game, so we'll see. The Colts aren't that great against the run. The good thing is that with Alex in there, we don't absolutely have to run the ball. With Hill, it was a necessity. With Alex, we can actually pass to set up the run, when the run isn't working.

Yeah it was nice seeing a run that went over 2 yards.
If our passing game can be good enough to back people off of the LOS and the Offensive line improves things could start to look up for Gore and our run game but he has to also stay healthy.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by redrathman:
He needs to average just 72.7 a game.

The real question: Will Frank Gore stay healthy enough to average 72.7 a game for the remainder of the season?

I'm pretty sure there's only 9 games left. He has to average 80.77 ypg.
[ Edited by bigmur49 on Oct 28, 2009 at 5:42 AM ]

Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by danimal:
This can't be right. Because a few zoners were laughed at for suggesting that Gore's trade value was peaking during the off-season

The zone told them Frank Gore was UN-Tradeable.....mockingly so even.

surely an untradeable back is going to pick up 1,000 yds right?

I still wouldn't trade gore. We have no one to replace him with.

well first you would have to accept this season was already a lost cause and it is for the future. That is subjective, to some a lost cause is missing the playoffs, others think 7-8 wins is a good season, some think Super Bowl or bust.

The point is, some of us thought we should have gotten some picks while we could, because we just can't see how the Niners competing for a Championship and Frank Gore still being relevant is ever going to coincide
At this point he needs about 70 yards a game to make it 4 straight years in a row. I hope he gets it but our line gives him no help so it hard to say.
I don't he can with this o-line.
I really really doubt it with the OL playing like they are now. Ironically though I think this year he's been better than the last few, he's just got a worse and more banged up OL.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I don't he can with this o-line.

yeah i doubt it, he could have a huge game against seattle though, he usually does
Share 49ersWebzone