LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

Resigning Willis just got really expensive

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Willis deserves "Best linebacker in the league" money!

Scary thing is he may be the best player in the league, so anybody wanna add up what that title is worth LB or not, jeez, still we gotta keep em obviously.

Not even close. I know everyone around here is silly for P.willy, but being great is more than be great in your position, it's being a leader of the team. I think of Ray Lewis and the intangables he brings. He is the heart and soul of his defense if not the team. I dont see that in Willis yet and I dont know that thats even in him. The guy doesn't even want to wear the radio helmet and as Sing said in his Monday confrence some guys on defense are starting to do their own thing. IMO, Willis is should be in there face if he is going to be considered the best of the best. No doubt the guy is the most gifted physical ILB in the league. But IMO, until he becomes the undeniable leader of this team he will never be the best player in the league and not even on defense.

Bring it. I'm ready.

Who cares if he isn't a great leader in terms of what I said, that isn't what I said if that is what I said, I'd put Brian Dawkins up there, I'd put Shaun O'Hara up there. What I said is he may be the best player in the league, not the best leader in the league. The guy shows up week in week out, if you want a list, what Brady, Willis, AP (granted Willis is better than AP, ok scratch AP), that WR we met in Houston, Nick Mangold, Steve Hutchinson, Joe Thomas, Nnamdi, Kevin Williams, Andre Gurode, Jared Allen, and Justin Tuck.

I'm just saying........
Pay the man. It's the unproven rookies coming out that I hate to see get all that guaranteed money. Not proven guys like Willis. I have no problem spending big time cap dollars on big time players.
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:
Pay the man. It's the unproven rookies coming out that I hate to see get all that guaranteed money. Not proven guys like Willis. I have no problem spending big time cap dollars on big time players.

they gave clements 47 gauranteed. Willis is a much bigger part of our defense than him. pay the man
Originally posted by verb1der:
Willis deserves "Best linebacker in the league" money!

Scary thing is he may be the best player in the league, so anybody wanna add up what that title is worth LB or not, jeez, still we gotta keep em obviously.

Not even close. I know everyone around here is silly for P.willy, but being great is more than be great in your position, it's being a leader of the team. I think of Ray Lewis and the intangables he brings. He is the heart and soul of his defense if not the team. I dont see that in Willis yet and I dont know that thats even in him. The guy doesn't even want to wear the radio helmet and as Sing said in his Monday confrence some guys on defense are starting to do their own thing. IMO, Willis is should be in there face if he is going to be considered the best of the best. No doubt the guy is the most gifted physical ILB in the league. But IMO, until he becomes the undeniable leader of this team he will never be the best player in the league and not even on defense.

Bring it. I'm ready.

Who cares if he isn't a great leader in terms of what I said, that isn't what I said if that is what I said, I'd put Brian Dawkins up there, I'd put Shaun O'Hara up there. What I said is he may be the best player in the league, not the best leader in the league. The guy shows up week in week out, if you want a list, what Brady, Willis, AP (granted Willis is better than AP, ok scratch AP), that WR we met in Houston, Nick Mangold, Steve Hutchinson, Joe Thomas, Nnamdi, Kevin Williams, Andre Gurode, Jared Allen, and Justin Tuck.

I'm just saying........

I get your point, but I'd rather have p-52 den any of those guys I mentioned, other than maybe K-Will.
Share 49ersWebzone