There are 155 users in the forums

Official Alex Smith is our starting QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
OK mods DO YOUR FREAKING JOBS..... How many A. Smith for Quarterback threads are you gonna allow.......

I'm for Alex starting also, But my posts get shut down if they were discussed three days prior.... Lets be fair

It looks like all the threads are pretty active, are you mad because you made a thread and it got pushed aside?
Originally posted by ROLLiEXROLL:
I am a strong supporter of Hill, but im down for the QB change due to his performance in the second half. Go Alex Smith!

According to NFL Network, Alex has more TD passes in half a game than Russell in the whole season. hahahahahaahahah

I think Crabs has more catches than DHB also. I leaned more towards Hill comign into the season but i'm for whoever can get it done. so we will see if SMith can get it done'
Excuse me, but does anyone in Niner Talk care about WINS?

Or, is it just "who starts at QB?"
YAY...... Even if we lose this week it will be a statement week for our offense on the road, in the dome at Indy. We have all week to game plan and not just ten minutes at half time. Knowing what Crabtree can bring to our offense was key for moving forward for the remainder of the year. Singletary said it best in his non-stubborn attitude that we will put 3, 4, 5 WR's out there, WHATEVER it takes to win.

As much as would hurt to watch our D get torched for 45 points, its not unrealistic and as long as we can put 30-40 points..... THAT WILL BE A STATEMENT!!
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by znk916:

NICE !!!!!!!!!

I loved the block by smith but wtf is Chilo doing on that play? He looks like he's just standing there
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by kidash:
SUPERBOWL!!!!

I'll take one win first please. Just one Oliver. It's not much to ask.

We're not winning. That's the key to the NFL. Winning. Not starting QB's. Winning.

But starting QB's are a big part of winning. The team outscored the Texans 21-3 in the second half, after looking like crap slowly air drying in the first half. I firmly believe that if he had started the game we would have won it. You could tell by the body language of the team when he came in that they were fired up that it happened, the whole offense and defense stepped it up. Smith undoubtedly gives us a better chance to win the Hill, you know it as well as I do. Now is he the guy who leads us to ring #6...no one knows one way or another. Something had to give though Bill, Hill just wasn't going to cut it.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

The QB is a big part of winning games.
Tough game for Alex Smith to start with. Would have been better if he could have started with a less talented team. BUT ... !!! If he can pull through without badly screwing up, then maybe he's got a chance of redeeming himself from the Anti Smith fans. Yes, that includes me because until the Houston game, he hadn't shown me that he was capable of being the #1 QB for the 49er's.

He DOESN'T have to win because no one should expect him to beat the Colts. I said HIM because the way the offensive line has been playing, he (meaning Smith) might just be on an Island by himself.

Doesn't do much for one's confidence if you're constantly under self preservation.

Avoiding TURNOVERS and throwing good crisp passes will do wonders in gaining FAN confidence. BUT, if he reverts back to his old self, those die hard Smith supporters better start seeing the light and accept what is.

Good Luck Alex Smith!
Originally posted by pd24:

So is defense. In fact, I'd say it's just as big if not bigger.

Do you think any QB in a Niner uni is going to win after giving up three first half TD's? Or perhaps you'd like a repeat of the Atlanta game?
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by ROLLiEXROLL:
I am a strong supporter of Hill, but im down for the QB change due to his performance in the second half. Go Alex Smith!

According to NFL Network, Alex has more TD passes in half a game than Russell in the whole season. hahahahahaahahah

I think Crabs has more catches than DHB also. I leaned more towards Hill comign into the season but i'm for whoever can get it done. so we will see if SMith can get it done'

Don't those compared stats make you proud to be a niner fan! haha

Yeah, hopefully Alex's strong arm can deliver more balls to the strong hands of Crabtree! No homo.

I have said many things here in the zone regarding our QB situation in the last couple of years.

1) We don't have any "starting" QBs on the roster.

2) Hill is a career #3 with a bad back a weak arm and the heart of a lion.

3) Alex is a millon dollar arm with a 10 cent head.

4) The best thing that could happen to Alex is that he sits rides the pine, holds the clipboard and gets time to mature.

5) Regardless of how well either of them play we should always be looking to improve at the QB situation.

I saw nothing yesterday to prove me wrong, I hope Alex does well and becomes the QB some of you seem to think he is.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Do you think any QB in a Niner uni is going to win after giving up three first half TD's? Or perhaps you'd like a repeat of the Atlanta game?

Isn't there a thread about the defense? You can post in that one, nobody is stopping you. This is a thread about the starting QB and you came in here and tried to take it off topic by wanting to talk about other things that are wrong with this team. it looks like you have been a part of the webzone a while, so you should know all you have to do is look for a thread that is talking about the subject you want to talk about and you can post in it.

Well, Smith led us back into the game after the D gave up 3 TDs yesterday, so...

Obviously we're all being overly optimistic. Nothing wrong with that today. But you have to admit that our ineptitude on offense has been a major factor in our last two losses. D needs to play better too but QB is the most important position on the field and if Smith can help produce points, what's not to like?
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Tough game for Alex Smith to start with. Would have been better if he could have started with a less talented team. BUT ... !!! If he can pull through without badly screwing up, then maybe he's got a chance of redeeming himself from the Anti Smith fans. Yes, that includes me because until the Houston game, he hadn't shown me that he was capable of being the #1 QB for the 49er's.

He DOESN'T have to win because no one should expect him to beat the Colts. I said HIM because the way the offensive line has been playing, he (meaning Smith) might just be on an Island by himself.

Doesn't do much for one's confidence if you're constantly under self preservation.

Avoiding TURNOVERS and throwing good crisp passes will do wonders in gaining FAN confidence. BUT, if he reverts back to his old self, those die hard Smith supporters better start seeing the light and accept what is.

Good Luck Alex Smith!

It's all about drinking the Kool-Aide in moderation......

Isn't there a thread about the defense? You can post in that one, nobody is stopping you. This is a thread about the starting QB and you came in here and tried to take it off topic by wanting to talk about other things that are wrong with this team. it looks like you have been a part of the webzone a while, so you should know all you have to do is look for a thread that is talking about the subject you want to talk about and you can post in it.

Wow. That was nice.

Not "new guy like" at all. Good show man!
Share 49ersWebzone