LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Official Alex Smith is our starting QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Im so happy this finally happened. I wanted us to do it in the Atlanta game..NOW ALL THE HATERS SHOW YOURSELF..DONT ACT LIKE YA LOVE HIM NOW
Hopfully the keep the spread offense cuz we don't have much more thanks to the OL !
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by backontop:
ok coach lets run the spread offense. We have a QB and a WR who played very well in the spread offense. Make it happen

In all honesty I think they still need to keep Gore as the main focus, but DEFINITELY have to include the spread package in the gameplan now that Smith is at the helm.

Open it up!

I don't think Gore needs to be the main focus of the offense if we have a capable QB and some legit weapons at the WR and TE positions. I would say running a balanced spread offense would be the best option. If that makes sense. 3 and 4 WR sets with Gore in the backfield. It limits the number of offenders up at the line and gives him some breathing room

The style of offense that Turner ran when he was here would be great with Smith in there. Not sure if a spread offense will work for long, I say mix it up!

I didn't mean run the spread offense the entire time. But more of a balanced attack with 3 and 4 WR sets. Of course you would still have the basic formations as well. But having the ability to spread the defense is huge for Gore.
Crabtree, Morgan, Bruce, Jones, Hill... If this group lives up to the potential we thought they had in training camp our offense will be pretty scary when adding in VD and Gore.

The O-line would like the spread as long as the OC remembers to have 1 or 2 receivers run quick bail out routes unlike Martz.
good for Smith
Originally posted by mayo63:
Congratulations, Alex keep it going young man. This can really turn out beautifully for the Niners in the long run. If Alex continues his play, we won't need to blow a high draft pick on a Qb in the draft. We can concentrate on OL, OLB, S in 2010. Alex can play himself into a new contract and everyone is happy. This is really looking like it might actually work out for everyone.
Originally posted by kidash:
SUPERBOWL!!!!

I'll take one win first please. Just one Oliver. It's not much to ask.

We're not winning. That's the key to the NFL. Winning. Not starting QB's. Winning.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Congratulations, Alex keep it going young man. This can really turn out beautifully for the Niners in the long run. If Alex continues his play, we won't need to blow a high draft pick on a Qb in the draft. We can concentrate on OL, OLB, S in 2010. Alex can play himself into a new contract and everyone is happy. This is really looking like it might actually work out for everyone.

what does al davis have to do with this
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, it's a new fresh start for everyone. The past is over, time to look forward and beyond.
This is a good thing

Originally posted by HessianDud:

Al Davis what are you doing on a 49er board???
OK mods DO YOUR FREAKING JOBS..... How many A. Smith for Quarterback threads are you gonna allow.......

I'm for Alex starting also, But my posts get shut down if they were discussed three days prior.... Lets be fair
I am a strong supporter of Hill, but im down for the QB change due to his performance in the second half. Go Alex Smith!

According to NFL Network, Alex has more TD passes in half a game than Russell in the whole season. hahahahahaahahah
Originally posted by znk916:

NICE !!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone