LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

who thinks we should stick with the spread offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

who thinks we should stick with the spread offense?

You've got to play to your strengths. Alex Smith and Crabtree both do well in the spread offense and apparently so does Vernon Davis. I actually enjoyed watching the offense play in that second half rather than just enduring it.
I don't care of Jimmy Raye only has 5 plays in his spread package, they need to be run over and over and over ... New England, Indy, New Orleans, Pittsburg(!) ... all seem to run a 3-4 receiver set out of the shotgun as a base package. Smith is obviously more comfortable with this set up, the shotgun buys him a second longer with our increasingly horrible offensive line, and with Crabtree, Morgan, and Davis we have some pretty good playmakers.
Thanks, I'll just go suck on a sugar packet or two ...
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Is that how that Search function thing works?
Originally posted by midrdan:
Thanks, I'll just go suck on a sugar packet or two ...

do you still have that meat lovers pizza in the trunk?
I'm in favor of seeing more of it as well, as long as Smith continues to perform like he did Sunday. I'm in favor of whatever moves the chains and put points on the board.
the OL sucks so bad and will be even worse now with Pashos out that were going to have to do it. I think we need to keep Smith in a comftorable position and operating more out of the shotgun getting the ball to playmakers Crabtree/Davis/Morgan is more in his comfort zone than running a power rushing offense.
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:
I'm in favor of seeing more of it as well, as long as Smith continues to perform like he did Sunday. I'm in favor of whatever moves the chains and put points on the board.

Agree
Since we cant run with this ol, i am all for it. but if cant run with it, can we throw with it?

Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:

Agree

Absolutely
in before the
Originally posted by midrdan:
I don't care of Jimmy Raye only has 5 plays in his spread package, they need to be run over and over and over ... New England, Indy, New Orleans, Pittsburg(!) ... all seem to run a 3-4 receiver set out of the shotgun as a base package. Smith is obviously more comfortable with this set up, the shotgun buys him a second longer with our increasingly horrible offensive line, and with Crabtree, Morgan, and Davis we have some pretty good playmakers.

also they need practice throwing the ball deep, so the WR and QB get used to it !

Originally posted by RonMexico:
I know Alex like the spread cuz he used it in Utah and we have the talent for it, but isn't the goal to keep Peyton off the field??

If we run the spread doesn't that just make it harder on our defense?
Share 49ersWebzone