LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 169 users in the forums

Looking ahead to the Colts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
heres whats going to happen, the colts are going to outscore us and we won't be able to keep up..... we will go below .500 before we get back up to 9-7
The only way I can see us winning this game is if we put up 35+ because even if our defense plays perfect, it ain't gonna affect Peyton Manning.

And remember, Peyton Manning vs Mark Roman...

Another point: why can't we cover TE's?
We need to receive the ball first and try to score first and hope our defense holds enogh to have manning play catch up or substain long drives
Originally posted by Thizz415:
We need to receive the ball first and try to score first and hope our defense holds enogh to have manning play catch up or substain long drives

I mean after seeing peyton's td pass to dallas clark we really don't stand a chance!!
Just keeping Manning off the field won't be enough. The defense will have to prevent TDs and make them settle for FGs because Indy will move the ball against us.

Look at week 2 when Indy played the Dolphins on MNF. Miami dominated the TOP for 45min, Indy only had 13 offensive snaps in the 2nd half and Indy still won.

Also, 49ers need to stop turning the ball over. Its no coincidence that in the 3 losses, we've loss the turnover battle.

The 49ers offense will need to score TDs and not settle for FGs.
Haralson, Lawson and Brooks have to provide a pass rush and throw off Mannings game
Manning will man hadle the niners defense based on our previous games; I hope I'm wrong
Originally posted by Joecool:
The only way I can see us winning this game is if we put up 35+ because even if our defense plays perfect, it ain't gonna affect Peyton Manning.

And remember, Peyton Manning vs Mark Roman...

Another point: why can't we cover TE's?

That pretty much says it all. If we can keep it close, that would be a vast improvement.
this is almost like the rams vs patriots superbowl. kinda. ok not, but maybe ever so slightly.

point is that we need to jam the receivers at the line, throw off the timing, and hope our 3-4 with some blitzes create enuf pressure to rattle manning.

other thing i just noticed is that while manusky is a nice DC and all, he is no real great schemer.

i think we have a chance to at least hang with the colts. make it respectable. the win would be only if we played a perfect game.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Vegas has us as an early 10 point underdog. I can't think of anything that would make that inaccurate. Do I think we can win? Sure. I'm not sure if we are going to, though.

Very surprised its only 10 to tell you the truth.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Vegas has us as an early 10 point underdog. I can't think of anything that would make that inaccurate. Do I think we can win? Sure. I'm not sure if we are going to, though.

Very surprised its only 10 to tell you the truth.

s**t, Im gonna take the Colts if thats what the number stays at.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I say, f**k it!

You just became Huckleberry's new BFF
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
it wont be pretty if our O can't move the ball. can we run the ball out of our spread offense?

Yes we can and I think it would work because they wouldnt be able to load the box. Will we do it thought? Doubtful.
It will be tough to watch Peyton play his Jedi mind tricks at the line of scrimmage all game against our D. Ball control won't work, just ask the Dolphnis. We need to play a balanced game and focus on just putting up as many points as we possibly can and hope the defense can step up to make some big plays.

If it becomes a shootout, at worst it will be fun to watch and just hope for more consistency at the QB position. Would love to see Crabtree have a big game and VD continue to shine because we have more weapons to account for now. It will be interesting if we come out throwing and put up some points to put some pressure on Indy to keep scoring, because they will whether we score or not. I just don't want it to be over in the 1st half.
if our defense from the first 3 games can show up, that would be the one really nice upside considering Peyton Mannings track record vs the 3-4..
Share 49ersWebzone