LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Looking ahead to the Colts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
They have the 9th ranked defense in the league. they are 19th against the run giving up 111.8 yards a game.
They are 7th against the pass with 179 yards against per game.

We all know about their offense.

IF and I mean IF the Niner to win this game they need to control TOP with the run, which is what they are supposedly built for

The Niners NEED to keep Peyton Manning off the field as much as possible, cuz if the Texans and Falcons can carve up our D i could only imagine what Peyton could do
it wont be pretty if our O can't move the ball. can we run the ball out of our spread offense?
Originally posted by valrod33:
They have the 9th ranked defense in the league. they are 19th against the run giving up 111.8 yards a game.

IF and I mean IF the Niner to win this game they need to control TOP with the run, which is what they are supposedly built for

The Niners NEED to keep Peyton Manning off the field as much as possible, cuz if the Texans and Falcons can carve up our D i could only imagine what Peyton could do

We can keep Manning off the field for most of the game, but in five minutes he'd still beat us.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

We can keep Manning off the field for most of the game, but in five minutes he'd still beat us.

i know right just ask the Dolphins

Their defense's stats are a bit misleading. They barely beat Miami, but whipped up on Arizona (who's continually up & down). Those are the only two teams of note they played. The rest (in case you are wondering) were Jacksonville, Seattle, Tennessee, and St. Louis.

I don't see a reason why we can't put up points against them.

Still, I agree that the best approach is to keep Peyton off the field as much as humanly possible. This would be a good time for Raye to break out those 7 min + drives we saw earlier this year.
The stats are misleading. The Colts are always ahead by 3 TD's. They rush 4 and drop 7, inviting the run (to eat up the clock) and preventing the pass with more DB's.

The DE's also can pin their ears back and rush the QB, they do not worry about the run.

A Great offense like Indy's will score points. The Niners need to be able to put up 28 points at a minimum to stand a chance.
TOP is key. play keep away with manning and hope our secondary can keep from giving up the big play. if you think Owen Daniels was a nightmare, wait until Dallas Clark starts up.

gonna be tough.
Originally posted by Digger25:
if you think Owen Daniels was a nightmare, wait until Dallas Clark starts up.

gonna be tough.

if smith is named starter (how can he not) it will be great so we can see if he was a 2 pump chump or something real.

hey this way we know definitively what we have and don't have. this is his best shot to succeed as he has a lot more talent areound him then ever b4. not to mention that we are not expected to win this game and if he does win it then i would say it legitimate. hell even if its a good solid game that is a loss that would be a great outcome. we need things we can build on. getting blown out is not that. hopefully smith playing well and the offense actually being productive will happen and we can have hope and build upon it.
Gonna be a tough game. Would like our offense to play well.

any given sunday just ask the eagles, I honestly think this game will be closer than people think.
Originally posted by baltien:

Their defense's stats are a bit misleading. They barely beat Miami, but whipped up on Arizona (who's continually up & down). Those are the only two teams of note they played. The rest (in case you are wondering) were Jacksonville, Seattle, Tennessee, and St. Louis.

I don't see a reason why we can't put up points against them.

Still, I agree that the best approach is to keep Peyton off the field as much as humanly possible. This would be a good time for Raye to break out those 7 min + drives we saw earlier this year.

Very good points. Good to know. All I know is, if we lose this game, we MUST beat TEN and CHI.
oh yeah another little tidbit, Peyton Manning has only been sacked twice this year
I have a few thoughts about this game:

• Black59Razor
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Digger25:
TOP is key. play keep away with manning and hope our secondary can keep from giving up the big play. if you think Owen Daniels was a nightmare, wait until Dallas Clark starts up.

gonna be tough.

I feel the gray-hairs already growing on my head. The question is do we keep trying to establish the run and control TOP a la Miami (yet, Peyton still pulls off the win) or do we get in a gunfight with a Hall of Famer?
We've obviously had a tough time running the ball, but you gotta put your money on Coach playing the odds by trying to keep Peyton from touching the ball. Who knows? The Colts are due for a loss...Any Given Sunday. All we can hope for is the team: O,D,ST to be prepared and play 60 minutes, instead of 30.

...but yeah...
[ Edited by Black59Razor on Oct 26, 2009 at 9:22 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone