LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 379 users in the forums

We should have paid Crabtree what he demanded in July

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well if nothing else at least this thread can serve as comedy relief.

And an affirmation that I was one of the few that correctly broke down Shaun Hill's ability...

or lack thereof.

As one person stated(no not myself), it's one thing to come in and keep the team and the Offense in the game for the Starter. it's another to BE a Starter.

Shaun is great at the 1st part but horrible at the 2nd.

And to be honest, all this said, I really WANTED him to succeed and prove me and the others wrong. If he did it was a Win/Win for all concerned.

I'm just glad now that we can get on with it and move forward without losing much very important time in the process. If Sing waited til we had 5 or 6 Losses racked up we would have been out of it and Smith would not have been able to show us anything worthwhile going into next season. Because everyone that have been hating on him would have stated that it didn't matter because there was nothing to play for.

~Ceadder
That's easy to say now...but the Niners did nothing wrong. The holdout was all Eugene Parker...and the tampering charges will most likely result in a high draft pick, so taking the high road was the right course of action. Sure, it would've been nice to have Crabtree around from the get-go, but he's here now and yesterday showed just a glimpse of how great he's going to be. The point is, no sense in crying over spilled milk...just lap it up now and enjoy watching Crabtree make plays.
We should have done exactly what we did and stand pat. I seriously doubt Crabtree would have made all the difference in our three losses. It simply would not have been worth the long term damage we'd endure by caving into his demands.

I applaud the way our front office handled the whole situation.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Football is big business first and a sport later. Please do not forget that, it would keep you from starting a threads like this.
Originally posted by crzy:
We'd be way better than 3-3 if he started the first five games.

why don't we say that , Craptree is worth the money was given and worth the 10th pick !
  • Hctr
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They guy had a little over 50 yards in one game. Don't get carried away. He's not going to the Hall of Fame yet...

As big or in fact MUCH BIGGER of a DEVELOPMENT is the progress of VD. He's improved big time and that was happening without Crabtree. He's bigger for our offense right now.

Also a QB who can throw greater than a 7 yard pass helps.

I usually don't agree to much with SD but your right on spot with this thread .
Originally posted by Hctr:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They guy had a little over 50 yards in one game. Don't get carried away. He's not going to the Hall of Fame yet...

As big or in fact MUCH BIGGER of a DEVELOPMENT is the progress of VD. He's improved big time and that was happening without Crabtree. He's bigger for our offense right now.

Also a QB who can throw greater than a 7 yard pass helps.

I usually don't agree to much with SD but your right on spot with this thread .

Agree with everything you said. IMO front office handeld the Crabtree situation very well. If Crabs is the superstar everyone thinks he is after 1 game the Niners as per there policy will rip up his contract in 2-3 years and give him a new deal.
Originally posted by Esco:

i might have to steal you face palm pic and use it as well
Originally posted by Conejo:
Originally posted by crzy:
If Crabtree can put up 5/50 with very little practice time, little rhythm with our quarterbacks, and only a basic understanding of our system.....you don't think he would have had a monumental impact this season with a full training camp and preseason under his belt?

That's all I'm saying.

Look you guys can rag on Shaun Hill all you want. But our wide receivers for much of this season have not been getting separation from defensive backs. And Michael Crabtree gets open.

I forgot you hate Alex and support Shaun, now your thread makes THAT much sense

I was wonderin where crzy was. I'm still waiting to hear from JoeCool, Afrikan, and Mr. Mod Kolohe:)

Hell no

We would have him for only 4- 5 years instead of the 6 that we got.

You should bet on it. That way a fool and his money will soon part.
If you give him top 3 $ at the 10 slot, then we ruin the whole system for ourselves and the rest of the league for future drafts.

Contracts are based on precedence.

Yes based on football, it looks obvious that it was a great signing.

But according to contract law, it would have been stupidity
yea, it wasn't about us not thinking he was worth the money. You just can't do that. It'll screw up the entire draft slotting system.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone