LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

We should have paid Crabtree what he demanded in July

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by crzy:
If Crabtree can put up 5/50 with very little practice time, little rhythm with our quarterbacks, and only a basic understanding of our system.....you don't think he would have had a monumental impact this season with a full training camp and preseason under his belt?

That's all I'm saying.

Look you guys can rag on Shaun Hill all you want. But our wide receivers for much of this season have not been getting separation from defensive backs. And Michael Crabtree gets open.

It's good that you put up that image. There's literally three guys wide open on this play, and Hill stared down Crabtree the entire f**king time. I think that's Morgan over the middle, who's right past the first down marker after his cut, if Hill makes that throw he could have gotten some YAC. Sorry, but please don't say things like, "Look you guys can rag on Shaun Hill..." There's a reason we're ragging on him. He's been playing like he doesn't know wtf is going on, it's incredibly terrible.
[ Edited by Method on Oct 26, 2009 at 12:49 AM ]
Originally posted by Method:
If Crabtree can put up 5/50 with very little practice time, little rhythm with our quarterbacks, and only a basic understanding of our system.....you don't think he would have had a monumental impact this season with a full training camp and preseason under his belt?

That's all I'm saying.

Look you guys can rag on Shaun Hill all you want. But our wide receivers for much of this season have not been getting separation from defensive backs. And Michael Crabtree gets open.

It's good that you put up that image. There's literally three guys wide open on this play, and Hill stared down Crabtree the entire f**king time. I think that's Morgan over the middle, who's right past the first down marker after his cut, if Hill makes that throw he could have gotten some YAC. Sorry, but please don't say things like, "Look you guys can rag on Shaun Hill..." There's a reason we're ragging on him. He's been playing like he doesn't know wtf is going on, it's incredibly terrible.

There's other guys easily open on that very same play. In fact even more open.

That's all I'm saying.

I forgot you hate Alex and support Shaun, now your thread makes THAT much sense
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

That's all I'm saying.

Well the Shaun Hill era is over, so you can stop complaining Method Man.
Originally posted by Conejo:

That's all I'm saying.

even looking at that .gif Hill has such a weird delivery. looks like he shot puts the ball to the receiver. ugh his arm has pissed me off all season
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Conejo:

That's all I'm saying.

Yes WE CAN.

Yes WE CAN.

YES WE WILL. YES WE DID.
Tally ho, future travelers!

Future goggles are fun. They let you see into the future, so you can make predictions about the past.

We should have overpaid Crabtree, because LOOK, I mean there he is right there, see him?

He's starting after two weeks of practice and playing well against the Texans.

Sign him! McCloughan you idiot! Sign him! He's WORTH it, we can see him playing right now. He's doing so well! Put on the goggles McCloughan, put on the goggles!

Aw man, if only I could see lotto numbers with these things.

He probably wouldn't have done much more than what he did in the 1st half today with Hill back there.

It's not like we used our WRs much in the first 5 games.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
He probably wouldn't have done much more than what he did in the 1st half today with Hill back there.

It's not like we used our WRs much in the first 5 games.

-9fA
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Sure lets pay every player top 3 money when they were drafted #10. Great idea.

That's not what I said. Obviously the NFL rookie system is screwed up.

But for Michael Crabtree, I think we should have made an exception and broken slot.

i don't think that would have worked out well with the team. i would've been behind it. i've been thinking about the past games and envisioned crabtree helping us as a starter as well
We'd be way better than 3-3 if he started the first five games.

You're kidding right?

Please tell me that you are. Cause Crabtree was on the field and Hill was 9 for 22 with 46 freakin yards today.

If Hill was as worried about his job as he SHOULD have been he would have taken the time to get on the same page as Crabs. Instead he took off for the bye week.

I see what you are saying though. But I doubt that Crabtree would have made as big an impact if he had been here the whole time with Shaun.

Let's be fair to the OTHER Receivers on this team. Shaun has worked with ALL of them except Spurlock going back to last season.

Did THAT make a difference?

Nuff said.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Tally ho, future travelers!

Future goggles are fun. They let you see into the future, so you can make predictions about the past.

We should have overpaid Crabtree, because LOOK, I mean there he is right there, see him?

He's starting after two weeks of practice and playing well against the Texans.

Sign him! McCloughan you idiot! Sign him! He's WORTH it, we can see him playing right now. He's doing so well! Put on the goggles McCloughan, put on the goggles!

Aw man, if only I could see lotto numbers with these things.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 26, 2009 at 1:56 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone