LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 406 users in the forums

Hill taught Smith how to lead

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hill taught Smith how to lead????? Where do people come up with this
Originally posted by ION2814:
Whatever brought on the change, I just hope it continues. I've been an alex supporter for a while now and i'm glad he's finally doing something.

this.. thumb up!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Hill taught Smith how not to throw a football.
Originally posted by B650:

Why would he need Hill for that when he could just look at his own game film?
[ Edited by GhostofJimmyDean on Oct 26, 2009 at 4:02 PM ]
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:

Because Hill is almost 30 years old and Smith is only 25.. It just drives the point home a little better.

Because Hill is almost 30 years old and Smith is only 25.. It just drives the point home a little better.

And that point would be? I've seen more questionable throws from Smith in the past than I've ever seen from Hill. Though he did look much improved yesterday.
  • B650
  • Veteran

And that point would be? I've seen more questionable throws from Smith in the past than I've ever seen from Hill. Though he did look much improved yesterday.

The point is there's an obvious excuse for Smith's throws; he's a young, immature QB. What's the excuse for Hill? He has a weak arm? When you're almost 30, you should be at the pinnacle of your career.

The point is that I'd rather lose knowing that it's due to inexperience, not a lack of talent.

Plus, I was mainly talking about the ball itself and how it comes out. Smith throws a spiral. Hill throws ducks.
[ Edited by B650 on Oct 26, 2009 at 4:11 PM ]
Originally posted by GEEK:
Smith did good, but seriously...it was 1/2 of one game.

Enough with the BS Smith is our savior threads. One game at a time with this team.

he threw almost as much yards in one half that hill does on average in games, and he did it with the same offense hill had the first half they got shut out.... soooooo quit sipping the hateraide
[ Edited by footballxpaul on Oct 26, 2009 at 4:13 PM ]

The point is there's an obvious excuse for Smith's throws; he's a young, immature QB. What's the excuse for Hill? He has a weak arm? When you're almost 30, you should be at the pinnacle of your career.

The point is that I'd rather lose knowing that it's due to inexperience, not a lack of talent.

That's not a good enough excuse. Smith was terrible by even by the lowest standards. You make it sound like we have the quarterback position solidified. I still haven't seen enough of Smith to make that call, no one has.
  • B650
  • Veteran

That's not a good enough excuse. Smith was terrible by even by the lowest standards. You make it sound like we have the quarterback position solidified. I still haven't seen enough of Smith to make that call, no one has.

I'm not going to get into this. Smith haters hate Smith like it's a religion, so I won't bother. All I know is that being young is definitely an excuse for playing poorly, especially if your team isn't doing much to help you (poor offensive line, no offensive weapons, new offensive coordinator every single year, and so on).

Now he's healthy, mature, and has some weapons, and I believe these are the results you're going to see in the future if he just continues to play and get better. I'm not saying he's going to throw for 200 yards every half, but I know he's a huge upgrade over Shaun Hill, and that's a positive step. Now we have to see if this guy can be our QB next year or not. If not, fine, but at least we know and can draft accordingly. That beats going 8-8 with Shaun Hill and still not knowing what we have at the QB position.
[ Edited by B650 on Oct 26, 2009 at 4:20 PM ]

I'm not going to get into this. Smith haters hate Smith like it's a religion, so I won't bother. All I know is that being young is definitely an excuse for playing poorly, especially if your team isn't doing much to help you (poor offensive line, no offensive weapons, new offensive coordinator every single year, and so on).

Now he's healthy, mature, and has some weapons, and I believe these are the results you're going to see in the future if he just continues to play and get better. I'm not saying he's going to throw for 200 yards every half, but I know he's a huge upgrade over Shaun Hill, and that's a positive step. Now we have to see if this guy can be our QB next year or not. If not, fine, but at least we know and can draft accordingly. That beats going 8-8 with Shaun Hill and still not knowing what we have at the QB position.

Well we'll just have to disagree on that. "Poorly" is an understatement. His criticism has not been without merit. As far as everything else, I agree.
Ummmmm okay.

But some constructive criticism for future posts or papers if you're still in school.

Stay on point.

Your Subject:Hill taught Smith how to lead.

So of course I'm extremely disappointed because I was looking for the information or opinion on this.

Nothing. Just a rehash of what other people have written.

So if you're still in school and you're not getting solid grades on your papers that's probably the reason why. If you stay on point you should see a D go to a C and so on an so forth. It helps to write what you want to say first and then give it a title. WOrks for me anyway.

Otherwise I don't disagree with what you're saying.

~Ceadder
Smith showed flashes in 2006. Now he has to prove that he can turn flashes into regular appearances, if he's able to do that good for him and good for our niners.

Shaun Hill is a gamer he has swager, unfortunatley this type of offence does not suit his physical abilities, I belive that he would be very good in a Bill Walsh offence.
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
I don't understand why everyone is acting so surprised in Alex's performance.

The guy had a solid year in year 2 and then never really got a fair chance since while he's been healthy. Think about that...

A young QB shows real progressed and then has people holding him down. The guy took a pay cut so that he could stick and show his worth and I don't see him letting this opportunity pass.

PS...if Singletary does not start Alex then he needs to be fired...or something

This is what I've been telling my buds for a long time. People really need to realize this before the knee-jerk reactions head in the other direction.
While Smith was preparing for his opportunity to start, Hill was to busy worrying about the catch of the day
Share 49ersWebzone