There are 211 users in the forums

Arizona now a game up on us :(

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • DenverNiner
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Originally posted by DenverNiner:
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:

Looking down the stretch at the Cards schedule, there's no way in h*(( that we can take the division with a 9-7 season.

What makes it even more bitter is that 9-7 is what AZ won the west with last season.

Hey at least Carolina lost today. One step closer to a top ten pick.

Yeah but we all need to root for Carolina to win next week.

I can root for unicorns to fly outta my arse but thats not likely to happen either. LOL
Yeah, that's why I was sayin' all week that this game against Houston was gonna be crucial for our season. We had the bloody bye to prep. for this game and still fell way behind before the team ante'd up and responded to Alex Smith. After our upcoming loss to Indy next week, we'll need to go 7-2 the rest of the way to have even a shot at a playoff berth. And, yes, I'm a REAL 9ers fan, but come on...there's no way we keep up OR slow down that potent Indy offense. And, once they get ahead by 10, you think our underachieving O-line will be able to keep Mathis and Freeney off our QB? Don't think so...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
There probably gonna win the division.
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Originally posted by DenverNiner:
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:

Looking down the stretch at the Cards schedule, there's no way in h*(( that we can take the division with a 9-7 season.

What makes it even more bitter is that 9-7 is what AZ won the west with last season.

Hey at least Carolina lost today. One step closer to a top ten pick.

Yeah but we all need to root for Carolina to win next week.

It's about Now not Later. Carolina better win, then get back to thier losing ways
  • mrbadd1
  • Info N/A
I think this will be another wasted season, as for making the playoffs. I think we can finish 9-7 but with the way Arizona playing, their schedule, and how inconsistent we are on offense our chance of winning the division are small. But there is hope for the future. I do think the future could be bright with Crabtree, V.Davis, and Morgan as our playmakers. I'm not so confident about Gore and his health problems. He isn't that young of a player anymore. The biggest thing now is seeing how Alex Smith does the rest of the year. If today wasn't a fluke this can be a positive factor for the future of our team. I think being able to draft other needs (ex. OL, OLB, DB) next year, with such a deep draft, could be huge. My only concern is our GM and him being able to draft the right players. Who of us out there wouldn't have drafted Willis or Crabtree? He has missed more times than not. Next year he has to hit on our picks. That will control our destiny...
If we handle them at home monday nite we can easily beat an injured seahawks team low on confidence and well...the rams. i dunno. monday night is the night well know if we lost the division or not. so far in the div were 3-0 theyre 2-1. doesnt that mean were up?
  • mrbadd1
  • Info N/A
It is the overall record that counts not just division record. We can win all our division games and still not win the division. I think we have a good chance at doing just that too. What a punch in the gut would that be?
  • DenverNiner
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
If we handle them at home monday nite we can easily beat an injured seahawks team low on confidence and well...the rams. i dunno. monday night is the night well know if we lost the division or not. so far in the div were 3-0 theyre 2-1. doesnt that mean were up?

Nope....consider it this way. If we beat everyone in the division and lost every other game....we would have a record of 6-10. If they lost to everyone in the division but won every other game they would have a record of 10-6. Their 10-6 would beat our 6-10.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ruthless49er:

If we're both tied at the end of the year yes, but right now they're 4-2 and we're 3-3. If we played them next weak and beat them, we'd be 4-3 and they'd be 4-3. In that case, we'd have the edge. So, as long as we stay a game back of Arizona all season long, I think we'll be fine. Problem is, I think we'll be 2 back by next week.
oh boy....getting nervous, they beat texans and the giants, they look like they are the better team :(

The cardnals have a favorable 3 game stretch....and we don't but Im not giving up on the niners yet.after Seattle killed us last year and we changed QBs we went 5-now we have a offense that can move the ball to go with our defense.....so il saying 11-5 playoffs bi***s.
Right now, I just want to finish with a winning season.
f**k THE CARDS
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
f**k Favre!!

Yep the nail in our coffin.
we will sweep everyone in the division and finish with 10 wins
Share 49ersWebzone