LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 318 users in the forums

why did we lose today?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
so are we gonna see s.hill anytime soon?
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
While Smith brought us back, i'm gonna put some blame on him.

The two delay of game penalties were absolutely brutal. That should NOT happen. Maybe it was rust, communication, i dunno but that's on him. Also, the ball looked force on the interception.

-9fA
I hope this is a joke.

• BobS
  • Veteran
Because Smith only got to play one half, if he starts and plays 60 minutes like he did the last 30, he throws for over 300 yards and 49ers win easily. Our first 3 drives were 3 & outs and Battle fumbled the ball away on our own 10, that helped the Falcons to a 21-0 lead. Alex came in and had a great 2nd half and we only lost by 3, it was a loss,
but we finally looked like we had a respectable offense for the first time in a long time.
There is a lot to be excited about.

The two delay of game penalties were absolutely brutal. That should NOT happen. Maybe it was rust, communication, i dunno but that's on him. Also, the ball looked force on the interception.

-9fA

Dumbest......post......ever

-9fA

Sounds like the Delay of games were on Raye. Could be wrong though.

It was smart of Smith to take the penalty instead of wasting a TO. Which we really needed.

Of course the ball was forced! It was 4th and 10 and we NEEDED a first down. Better that he tried to force something past the marker instead of taking a sack or throwing the ball short. Go for the win.

-9fA

on 4th down dont you have to kind of force something, especially if there is nothing wide open
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
We sucked in the first half.

Everyone on the team sucked in the first half.

It was only Raye that sucked in the second half.

i think when he took his nap at halftime, someone switched out playbooks.
Originally posted by BobS:
Because Smith only got to play one half, if he starts and plays 60 minutes like he did the last 30, he throws for over 300 yards and 49ers win easily. Our first 3 drives were 3 & outs and Battle fumbled the ball away on our own 10, that helped the Falcons to a 21-0 lead. Alex came in and had a great 2nd half and we only lost by 3, it was a loss,
but we finally looked like we had a respectable offense for the first time in a long time.
There is a lot to be excited about.
Because the other team scored more points....
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

-9fA

Sounds like the Delay of games were on Raye. Could be wrong though.

It was smart of Smith to take the penalty instead of wasting a TO. Which we really needed.

Of course the ball was forced! It was 4th and 10 and we NEEDED a first down. Better that he tried to force something past the marker instead of taking a sack or throwing the ball short. Go for the win.

Look Smith played exceptionally well, but he didn't play without fault. I knew i was gonna get some heat for my post.

And i understood the situation, but taking a delay of game penalty on 4th and 6 is inexcusable.

What i fault Smith for is not taking TO. Heck for all i know, it was probably due to lack of reps. I still think that with better clock management, we could have at least gotten a FG.

-9fA

i beleive one game doesnt change anything!
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Because the other team scored more points....
you know what mean...what were our mistakes.
1. Muffed punt inside the 10.
2. Multiple missed calls by the refs.
3. Poor play from Hill.
These were the main reasons IMO. Can say the O-line cause Alex wasn't sacked at all and the D was put in some horrible positions in the first half against a very potent offense.
o line- cmo smith got pressured on a 3 man rush

special teams if it wernt for battle fumble we wouldve won the game
Originally posted by Mospeed:
Very first offensive play of the game set the tempo for us. Hill drops back looking left, sees MW unblocked yet continues to pump fake towards him over and over and over and over again. At some point you should try and run the opposite direction and throw the ball away you idiot.

lol

makes me wonder how they make all that money, yet cant do somethin as obvious as what u jus stated....
Share 49ersWebzone