LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Crabtree was amazingly impressive in his debut.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I too was highly impressed.....can't wait till midnight so I can watch him again on the nfl.com replay. He ran crisp routes, got his feet in bounds, and generally looked like the best wideout we've had in a long time. I've been waiting since we drafted him just like everyone else. 15 is a player.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I can't wait to see Crabs next week. I haven't said that about any Niners WR since TO left.
Originally posted by Hopper:
I can't wait to see Crabs next week. I haven't said that about any Niners WR since TO left.

I'm with you bro I've been a Crabtree supporter even through his holdout I knew he has skills can you deny it? You can tell when a player has skills and can play the game. Glad he's a 49er and can't wait to see him next week.
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Hopper:

Crabtree is a stud. Our boy came to play, that's for sure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GySoimPsAeg

Crabs highlights..dunno if it's been posted
my prediction! next week he will have 100 yards receiving

book it
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:

book it

Are we getting a little carried away? Indianapolis is pretty good defensively, and now the league has some film on Crabtree. If he gets 100 yards, I'll be extremely impressed.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by teeohh:

book it

Are we getting a little carried away? Indianapolis is pretty good defensively, and now the league has some film on Crabtree. If he gets 100 yards, I'll be extremely impressed.

maybe, i predicted he would have 60 yards today and he was a josh morgan penalty away of surpassing that

i also said he would have 2 tds so
His hands are great. His routes are good. His understanding seems to be beyond his time with the team.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Yeah, impressive debut. He certainly looked like he deserved the starting spot.

Yeah. This kid is going to be unbelievable. He is special.

True indeed. He's the kind of player who just makes things look easy...like every catch big time catch he made was no big deal. Loved it. Dude has the presence of a Deion Sanders on the field in his rookie NFL debut. Really excited about the future with him in it. Anybody who thought we 'didn't need' Crabtree all along was smoking. If you really think about it, he completely changed the Niners whole identity singlehandedly, in one game. Hill's benching was the turning point. We are now a passing oriented offense, and the focus is on V. Davis and Crabtree---passing to set up the run. Watch and see.

LOL.

Look at some of the comments posted on Youtube including some Raider fans.

"I speak for all raider fans when I say...the greatest day of our lives will be the day al davis dies. We all hate al davis. We hated him when he drafted 7 db's in 9 years. we hated him when he drafted dhb. we hate al davis."

"Crabtrees got more than twice as many catches as heyward bay and it only took him one game. man hes got great hands."

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 25, 2009 at 11:01 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

LOL.

"I speak for all raider fans when I say...the greatest day of our lives will be the day al davis dies. We all hate al davis. We hated him when he drafted 7 db's in 9 years. we hated him when he drafted dhb. we hate al davis."

"Crabtrees got more than twice as many catches as heyward bay and it only took him one game. man hes got great hands."

nfl network said alex smith has more td passes this year than jamarcus russell (3-2)
Originally posted by hofer36:

LOL.

nfl network said alex smith has more td passes this year than jamarcus russell (3-2)

lmao!
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
A couple things stood out to me:
1) Very clean routes for a rookie. Usually, rookies are sloppy with their footwork. I thought he looked sharp,

2) Good hands. He had one drop on a ball that was not very well thrown, but the rest of the time, he used his hands to catch the ball, and did not have it jar loose after contact.

A solid first game. Very impressed with the rook, and he is only going to get better.

Its truly amazing what Crabtree has been able to do in such a short time frame.

The guy plays like a cartoon. He catches the ball with ease, turns with ease, moves around quickly with ease. He seems to really have fun out there too.

It looks like he has a good chance of making DHB money after all.

Too bad we didn't have him all year. He is a special talent. This is one of the reasons I saw an argument for money in the range of DHB.

Can I add once again that Eric Mangini is a total idiot???? In more than one way.

Wasnt the larger issue that if we gave him a DHB type contract, that our 1st picks next year would also have more leverage?

yes it's also about the fact that we had the 10th pick and shouldn't have to spend top 5 money.

Ok, let's be clear about something.

This thread exits in the "future" in regards to Crabtree's contract debate.

There is NOTHING that Crabtree can do on the "field of the future" that should make anyone change their mind about what they thought about the contract dispute.

Anyone who claims they "knew" Crabtree would be good, is lying. You can't know.

You can't just "know" the difference between a Michael Crabtree and a Peter Warrick. There is no way to know.

Peter Warrick was a monster in college and we would have drafted him as a "steal" at number 10 just the same.

If I could have seen this one game in the future (and know that Crabtree had only practiced for two weeks), I would have certainly been willing to consider giving him top five money.

But that's why its called the "future." Because you KNOW. Because it HAPPENED.
Originally posted by hofer36:

LOL.

Even more funny. LOL.

Raiders = FAIL.
Share 49ersWebzone