There are 171 users in the forums

Alex Smith Bandwagon

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
He does have to find the play clock. 3 Delays of game are bad. He did make many great throws and made us look much better than the noodle, that's for sure.

I am surely impressed with his vision and awareness that preveiously lacking from his repertoire...did I spell that right??

Had he not got that last delay penalty they could have made a short throw underneath and called time out

other than that, he played great!! Go Niners!!

Wow, and you were a big Smith hater!

Question: So you were impressed with him today, alright. But if Hill was never taken out, do you still believe Hill was the best option at QB?

I have NEVER believed Hill was our best of 3, not at any time Especially this season....the wins that we did have helped to mask his play a little bit. He kind of got a free pass for a few games there.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by English:
No more Alex Leaf rubbish. Welcome back Alex. Make the most of your opportunity

Was never a fan of Smith, I can honestly admit I have never called him that. Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna go back to finishing my large plate of crow.

Way to be a good sport.
I've been on it for awhile. Pretty sure I'm driving the bus.
I'll take Smith and the spread offense any day over Hill and that run-run-run crap. Now I feel guilty for all the bad things i said about Smith.

He showed nice poise and accuracy. What a pleasant surprise.

I don't feel bad for bashing Chilo though...
i know its only 1 game..but if he can keep this up....what a cinderella story. and who else is more deserving? its about time we have a little bit of karma on our side. even though we lost i think we should be optimistic..
I think Smith showed today that in terms of pure talent he is head and shoulders above Hill. We need someone with an arm who can distribute the ball and spread out the defense. This power running team stuff is nonsense when your offensive line sucks. The only way Gore is going to put up 2006 numbers again is with a balanced offense that takes the complete focus off of him.

I hope we stick with Smith for the rest of the year and see what he can do. I think we all know Hill is unfortunately just not good enough to help our receivers reach their potential and we are just never going to be a legit playoff team with him at QB. I say see what Smith has got and then we can really evaluate what we need to do at QB in the offseason, especially regarding our two first round picks.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ang:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by English:
No more Alex Leaf rubbish. Welcome back Alex. Make the most of your opportunity

Was never a fan of Smith, I can honestly admit I have never called him that. Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna go back to finishing my large plate of crow.

Way to be a good sport.

I'm not a good sport, I'm just a happy loser!!!
  • Imfasterrthanurr
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
HOP BACK ON ! had to make a quick oil change

(pic made by solidg2000)

gonna be a bumpy road

At first, the photoshopped picture made me laugh out loud.

And then, I became motivated.

Please, football Gods, let this be a sign.
  • MontanaToRice
  • Info N/A
Been on, about time Singletary agreed.
You all know I've never given up on Alex Smith. I just wasn't sure he would ever get another opportunity.

Originally posted by PTulini:
You all know I've never given up on Alex Smith. I just wasn't sure he would ever get another opportunity.

Me neither, I honestly feel like we STILL have not seen what Alex Smith has to offer Play the card you have (Smith) and see how it turns out, before he's gone, traded, or whatever.
i was on the shaun hill bandwagon and just thought smith wasn't given a fair chance..never said smith was a bust just unfortunate...i'll admit i was behind hill but now its smiths turn...this should end the debate between the two

go niners
There are a few things Alex will need to work on but how to pass, How to make reads and how to act like a QB are not one of them.
Some of us just kept our mouths shut and bided our time. Or, we just pointed up that the offense with Hill is just too one dimensional.

I think the 49ers owe it their players (especially defense) to start Smith because it opened up our offense. I think having Crabtree out there helped alot because the guy flat out has great hands. We need to keep the offense open, and with Smith and a few new sets that work, it will open up the running game.

I don't know if it is just Smith and Davis, but Alex appeared to "float" the ball in with touch, and also threw most of the time to where if the ball was caught it would only be caught by our receiver.

The last play I will discount as it was forced on 4th and 10, but do have to agree with clock management issues.

I think this could also open things up for 4 WR sets with Brandon Jones in the mix.
Whether you like A. Smith or not he does have a better arm for long passes.

Now I'll shut up.
Share 49ersWebzone