LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

You've got to be kidding......

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ok, I still don't understand this....

We are not using Spurlock to return kicks (even though that is what he is known for)...mainly because, I'm guessing, to keep one of our other WRs active for the game.

ok fine.....but we are going to use Delainie to return kicks (fyi, I like Walker as a returner) but still..he is our back up TE...if he gets injuried all of our 2TE sets would be useless....we don't have a third TE on our team besides Jennings....

so what I don't understand is..... why don't we use Jason Hill as a returner.... the guy has hands and is the fastest WR on the team.... has there been ANY talk about why Jason hasn't been used as a returner...its not like we use him much in the game anyway and he is using an active roster spot....or maybe Brandon Jones...
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Maiocco just tweeted that Singletary said that Walker will still handle kickoffs and Battle will handle punts.

Yep, Coffee must have muffed a couple in practice already! For those who thought this was a good idea, HA!

LOL true. why the hell we dont f**king put spurlock on kick and/or punt returns??? dude is just wasting roster space and did returns for tb last yr with a return for a td. i know im no GM or coach but got damn sometimes i just question our decisions
I like Delaine as a KR, he has a nice burst and always seem to get up to the 30+yd line. I would give him a shot as a PR. It's weird though that we have 7 WR's on a running team and we are now down to only 3 healthy safeties.
[ Edited by PatrickJira411 on Oct 23, 2009 at 2:35 PM ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
coffee will fumble or muff at least one return. Book it.

Sigh ... gotta agree with you on this one.
haha yeah i wanna see what Joe does back there, but the thing is that the 49ers don't have any great kick returners, a great one is someone who is a threat to take it every time, rather we have people who can get us around the 30. I really do hope they get Coffee outta there and get one of our receivers or that safety you mentioned. Coffee's just one of those backs who doesn't "have it" yet
obviously cause he's only a rookie, i honestly don't even want him in 2nd string cause he's getting shut down a lot. But then again, Michael Robinson isn't that great either lol
I wanna see Crabtree return kick offs... he reminds me of Cribbs

Crabs meet Cribbs... Cribbs meet Crabs
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Maiocco just tweeted that Singletary said that Walker will still handle kickoffs and Battle will handle punts.

Alright. I like Walker on kickoffs. And Battle, just gotta hold onto that ball.
Originally posted by boomer49er:
"No returning: Tight end Delanie Walker, who returned four kickoffs in the Atlanta game, will not return kicks Sunday in Houston. That duty goes to rookie running back Glen Coffee."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/23/SP371A9GD8.DTL

So we replace the joke of having a TE as our primary return man, and replace him with.........a slow RB with very little movement. If we just want to find the biggest man to return the ball lets just put Joe Staley back there, he was a TE after all......

Guys we have on the team with return experience:

Nate Clements
Reggie Smith (great return man in college)
Arnez Battle

I mean come on, can we at least put a guy back there who has a chance to break one for a big gain?

This is where having Desean Jackson would really take our return game to where it needs to be.
We should try out Kory Sheets he is small, shifty, and fast. Oh yeh and on the Dolphins because our GM sucks elephant u know what.

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Lets give him a chance before we judge this move.

I still don't know why we released Rossum and kept Spurlock.

and not using him
Yeah Spurlock needs to go. I'll be very surprised if he's still on the roster next year.

-9fA
  • albniner08
  • Info N/A
yeah i dont mind the release of rossum but i definately dont understand the thinking of putting coffee back there.. if anything put bj back there...youre paying him more than hes worth to play pretty much special teams i guess gunner? what exactly does he do on special teams?? but with his speed i think they should put him back there at least give him some field time plus, speed kills...unless they are content with paying him that money to be a gunner or w.e he is on special teams now that he is healthy again

like Chazz Michael Michaels would say.."yeah its mind bottling, like when things are so crazy it gets your thoughts all trapt like in a bottle"
Originally posted by smifunk:
Originally posted by boomer49er:
"No returning: Tight end Delanie Walker, who returned four kickoffs in the Atlanta game, will not return kicks Sunday in Houston. That duty goes to rookie running back Glen Coffee."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/23/SP371A9GD8.DTL

So we replace the joke of having a TE as our primary return man, and replace him with.........a slow RB with very little movement. If we just want to find the biggest man to return the ball lets just put Joe Staley back there, he was a TE after all......

Guys we have on the team with return experience:

Nate Clements
Reggie Smith (great return man in college)
Arnez Battle

I mean come on, can we at least put a guy back there who has a chance to break one for a big gain?

This is where having Desean Jackson would really take our return game to where it needs to be.

Don't make me cry thinking about missed picks....

It does outline the fact that we need to bring in a legit and dangerous return man. I hope we made a major push for Josh Cribbs, I'd hate to find out that we offered like a 5thr ound pick for him and then walked away.
I hope walker only has 1 kick return on sunday
Share 49ersWebzone