LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

You've got to be kidding......

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"No returning: Tight end Delanie Walker, who returned four kickoffs in the Atlanta game, will not return kicks Sunday in Houston. That duty goes to rookie running back Glen Coffee."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/23/SP371A9GD8.DTL

So we replace the joke of having a TE as our primary return man, and replace him with.........a slow RB with very little movement. If we just want to find the biggest man to return the ball lets just put Joe Staley back there, he was a TE after all......

Guys we have on the team with return experience:

Nate Clements
Reggie Smith (great return man in college)
Arnez Battle

I mean come on, can we at least put a guy back there who has a chance to break one for a big gain?
Lets give him a chance before we judge this move.

I still don't know why we released Rossum and kept Spurlock.
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Oct 23, 2009 at 9:40 AM ]
should of kept rossum. I still think his departure is gonna hurt us more than anyone thinks.
Put Spurlock back there. May as well use him for something.
The only reason I can think of for not using Spurlock would be if we wanted to try Jason Hill or Reggie Smith. If we're not doing that, then there is NO GOOD REASON for not having Spurlock doing the one thing he's supposed to be good at.
pathetic!
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
People forget that the only thing Rossum did was called back on a penalty - not his fault. So what he did was a series of backward 'advances', drops, delayed starts, etc. He looked incompetent.

Battle drops those balls, too. So maybe Coffee has better hands. Don't turn it over.

Other teams have 'Deion-like' speedsters. Do the 49ers?
Maybe we could have Davis returning kicks. Or, how about S. Hill or A. Smith? That would be brilliant.
He's faster and shiftier than Walker? He is a running back, I don't see how he can do any worse.
Rossum update needed

Originally posted by Squirrel:
Put Spurlock back there. May as well use him for something.
Originally posted by boomer49er:
"No returning: Tight end Delanie Walker, who returned four kickoffs in the Atlanta game, will not return kicks Sunday in Houston. That duty goes to rookie running back Glen Coffee."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/23/SP371A9GD8.DTL

So we replace the joke of having a TE as our primary return man, and replace him with.........a slow RB with very little movement. If we just want to find the biggest man to return the ball lets just put Joe Staley back there, he was a TE after all......

Guys we have on the team with return experience:

Nate Clements
Reggie Smith (great return man in college)
Arnez Battle

I mean come on, can we at least put a guy back there who has a chance to break one for a big gain?

I'm not impressed with Coffee.

I actually like Walker returning kickoffs. He did it in the preseason a few years ago and actually took one back for a TD. He did well in that function as a rookie as well.
coffee will fumble or muff at least one return. Book it.
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Rossum update needed

Cowpies decided to take a flyer on him.
Spurlock returned kicks in Tampa Bay. Why not use him?!
Share 49ersWebzone