LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Alright, I am calling it big time...talent is as talent does.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
C. But he's showing some potential...
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by ninertico:

It hasn't shown yet, but it soon will -- Crabtree could be special: San Francisco WR Michael Crabtree didn't have a big statistical night against the Bears, but he is a specimen. He attacks the ball in the air. Plus, he has exceptional body control and knows how to time his leap to snatch the football at its highest point with his big, strong hands. He is a very physical player overall and it really shows up when he's competing for the ball in the air, through his route and after the catch, when he instantly becomes like a running back with the ball in his hands. He sticks his foot in the ground and explodes out of his breaks, and he never looks out of balance. Crabtree is going to be a nightmare for opposing cornerbacks on slants and fades in particular, but this guy has the ability to excel with the entire route tree.--ESPN

Talent is as talent does!

This would be a GREAT week for the above to show: 7 yard, quick out slant routes FTW!!

It's time, isn't it? We saw glimpses of incredible talent with that out-of-bounds play being a perfect snippet of his skills. Just like the article above, I too saw the incredible way he jumped and moved toward the ball while attempting to keep his body aligned so that he could get he feet scraping the ground while falling out of bounds.

Man, if he just caught that slant at the 4!!!! I was like, "OK rookie, that's almost as bad as JR's rookie drop at the Meadowlands" ...remember? He had at least a first down and momentum continuing...IMO, we could have completely taken the Bears out of the game with our opening drive especially after the great 3-n-out by our D.

We have to do that again! We have to be aggressive on D as well as on O. Wouldn't you love to have more drives like that first one against the Bears? Then, keep doin' it.

I know many hate Alex. I know many question Raye's play calling and I'm in that boat at times. I know the questions on Josh's inconsistency. I know most think we still should have picked Oher.

Oh, hell no!!!!

Scotty did well to choose Crabtree. Like Valrod said, right?

He just needs to score against GB and start the greatness!

It would be awesome to see Crabtree score

...FTFW!!!!!!

Great post!! Go 49ers!

It hasn't shown yet, but it soon will -- Crabtree could be special: San Francisco WR Michael Crabtree didn't have a big statistical night against the Bears, but he is a specimen. He attacks the ball in the air. Plus, he has exceptional body control and knows how to time his leap to snatch the football at its highest point with his big, strong hands. He is a very physical player overall and it really shows up when he's competing for the ball in the air, through his route and after the catch, when he instantly becomes like a running back with the ball in his hands. He sticks his foot in the ground and explodes out of his breaks, and he never looks out of balance. Crabtree is going to be a nightmare for opposing cornerbacks on slants and fades in particular, but this guy has the ability to excel with the entire route tree.--ESPN

This would be a GREAT week for the above to show: 7 yard, quick out slant routes FTW!!

It's time, isn't it? We saw glimpses of incredible talent with that out-of-bounds play being a perfect snippet of his skills. Just like the article above, I too saw the incredible way he jumped and moved toward the ball while attempting to keep his body aligned so that he could get he feet scraping the ground while falling out of bounds.

Man, if he just caught that slant at the 4!!!! I was like, "OK rookie, that's almost as bad as JR's rookie drop at the Meadowlands" ...remember? He had at least a first down and momentum continuing...IMO, we could have completely taken the Bears out of the game with our opening drive especially after the great 3-n-out by our D.

We have to do that again! We have to be aggressive on D as well as on O. Wouldn't you love to have more drives like that first one against the Bears? Then, keep doin' it.

I know many hate Alex. I know many question Raye's play calling and I'm in that boat at times. I know the questions on Josh's inconsistency. I know most think we still should have picked Oher.

Oh, hell no!!!!

...FTFW!!!!!!

yeah i can't wait, something tells me he's going to go erupt within the next 2 weeks. something crazy like 3 TD's 150 yards or something with crazy after the catch yards.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
I LOVE YOU MAN!

Tico: Be afraid. Be very, very afraid.
Originally posted by matt49er:

Oh, hell no!!!!

...FTFW!!!!!!

yeah i can't wait, something tells me he's going to go erupt within the next 2 weeks. something crazy like 3 TD's 150 yards or something with crazy after the catch yards.

Completely agree with you! I sure hope it happens this week. Crabtree is gonna be a great one!
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
I LOVE YOU MAN!

Tico: Be afraid. Be very, very afraid.

The moistness!!!! The moistness!!!! Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well this is a "talent is as talent" does thread...that includes moistness.
damn all hyped up and no football till sunday ...great thread...

ALERT!: Large cases of Crabs and VD expected in the green bay area on the 22nd beginning around 12pm local time

Instead of making a new thread about this, thought this Crabtree quote from this Link would be perfect for Tico's thread.

Quote:
Crabtree had his weekly interview session with reporters. I asked him about a "knee" injury that showed up on the Wednesday practice report. Crabtree said he has no injury. He said an injury is something that forces players to miss practice time or limits their speed. He said he just has a little bruise on his knee.

When asked what from his game he has yet to show in the NFL, Crabtree wasted no time in answering. "YAC."

He was known at Texas Tech for turning short passes into long gains. He said it won't be long before that aspect of his game is on display. After all, he noted, "I've only played four games."

Reading the first part of this quote brings me such joy.
[ Edited by 49ersRednGold on Nov 19, 2009 at 3:20 PM ]
Here's another one that you guys may like from Barrow's Blog

Quote:
Crabtree has had a couple of drops this season, including one at the Chicago four-yard line onThursday, and he said those weigh heavily on his mind.

"It bothers me," he said. "Sometimes I can('t) sleep at night when I drop passes. I feel like if I keep it on my mind, the next play I'm going to make sure I catch it, so it's that kind of situation."
[ Edited by 49ersRednGold on Nov 19, 2009 at 3:23 PM ]

i love it catching bricks gives me a hard on!!!
Im sorry fellas but what does FTW mean? I cant figure it out!
Originally posted by pelos21:

Follow
The
Weasel

Originally posted by pelos21:

for the win
Hope derives its catalyst into believing that we have a chance. Crabtree adds to that chance.

Share 49ersWebzone