LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Alright, I am calling it big time...talent is as talent does.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
Good to know he catches bricks because that is exactly what Hill puts up.

Speaking of Hill, if he doesn't get his act together I would seriously think long and hard about picking up Jeff Garcia. This idea may not sound too popular among fellow zoners but I think Garcia is a better Qb than Hill.

I agree, but our front office doesnt have the mettle to do it. If they were serious about winning this year, they would do it.

Garcia is a WCO QB and nothing more. He dinks and dunks just like Hill. He also cannot throw the deep ball. No thanx!

You obviously did NOT watch Jeff Garcia go to the pro bowl, what, 3 times? He can ball!

Hill couldn't even hold Garcia's jock strap! I would take Garcia in a heartbeat!

Every team he has played for ran the WCO. Even the Raiders cut him! What does that tell you? Quit living in the past. Also Garcia had TO in his prime when he was winning. Garcia is trash!

The Raiders cut him so he wouldn't be a threat to their high priced first rounder...
Do your homework before saying such silly things
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:

Speaking of Hill, if he doesn't get his act together I would seriously think long and hard about picking up Jeff Garcia. This idea may not sound too popular among fellow zoners but I think Garcia is a better Qb than Hill.

I agree, but our front office doesnt have the mettle to do it. If they were serious about winning this year, they would do it.

Garcia is a WCO QB and nothing more. He dinks and dunks just like Hill. He also cannot throw the deep ball. No thanx!

You obviously did NOT watch Jeff Garcia go to the pro bowl, what, 3 times? He can ball!

Hill couldn't even hold Garcia's jock strap! I would take Garcia in a heartbeat!

Every team he has played for ran the WCO. Even the Raiders cut him! What does that tell you? Quit living in the past. Also Garcia had TO in his prime when he was winning. Garcia is trash!

The Raiders cut him so he wouldn't be a threat to their high priced first rounder...

LOL, So why did they sign him in the 1st place then? Make some sense when you post!

LOL, So why did they sign him in the 1st place then? Make some sense when you post!

Dude go read an article...he very much was cut because he was looking to start and was better then Russell... "Indeed, that resume made Garcia a potential threat to Russell as the hands-down best player for the job." - see I bring facts to the table.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by Giant9er:

C'mon now no need to insult me with the silver and black.

Couldn't find it in Gold and Red. So sorry to insult you, It wosn't my intention.

[ Edited by Giant9er on Oct 23, 2009 at 12:35 PM ]

Sorry, the Raiders cut him 'cause he ASKED them to. DO YOUR HOMEWORK please

http://raiderbeat.com/?p=4848
[ Edited by Giant9er on Oct 23, 2009 at 12:39 PM ]

Couldn't find it in Gold and Red. So sorry to insult you, It wosn't my intention.

I was J/K about the insult...

Someone's got to drink it! Might as well be me, ah...grape!!!!

Dude go read an article...he very much was cut because he was looking to start and was better then Russell... "Indeed, that resume made Garcia a potential threat to Russell as the hands-down best player for the job." - see I bring facts to the table.

Garcia was vocal in the media saying he should start. He wanted outa there. Then they cut him. But Garcia spoke the truth on that.
[ Edited by djfullshred on Oct 23, 2009 at 12:41 PM ]

I was J/K about the insult...

Someone's got to drink it! Might as well be me, ah...grape!!!!

I know, I just wanted to take a swipe at the Raiders too.
[ Edited by Giant9er on Oct 23, 2009 at 12:42 PM ]
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Crabtree goes off and this thread is dedicated to that premise.

I have been thinking long and hard about this just like we do when we get together during our tailgate sessions where we let it all hang out after a few libations. Well, now is the same. After a long day at work and trying to immerse myself in something outside of the norm, I see clarity.

Talent is as talent does.

First, everyone who participates in NinerTalk knows me. I am an optimist. I drink Kool Aid (grape flava) like it is going out of style, but in my own way. I don't just blindly go into believing someone. There has to be proof, kinda of like a doubting Thomas for those who know the Jesus tale. Well, proof is in the pudding and I want a heaping spoonful.

Ever since Crabtree played football, he loved it. He practiced to get better especially with his hands. Imagine catching bricks, bricks no less. WOW! Well, that is Crabtree's background and it is on the Internet for you to browse. His love for this game is one thing, but the fact that he practiced catching bricks to strengthen his hands is another.

What does that mean to us? He didn't drop a pass in practice. Not a one. Nice! You see it on the Youtube vids where anything around him, he catches. Have you ever been on a field and seen a kid that captivated your attention to the point you said...DAMN! Talent elevates above the mediocrity and brings those with it. When you become successful, it transcends. People follow...believe.

We have longed for a #1 WR for soooooooooo long that we forgot what a true WR looks like.

That WR looks like Michael Crabtree!

I hope Sunday pops the cork.

I'll give you this , I remember seeing a T Tech game and thinking who the hell is this guy and how do the 9ers get him. In college at least he was superior, here's to hoping he's just as good in the NFL
Okay, i am still pi**ed at craps for holding out and causing disruption, maybe even damage to the team. But what i really hope for is that his play makes me forget that we should have had an OT with his pick, who would by now have had OTA, practice, 4 preseason games, and 5 regular season games under his belt. He would have hopefully shored up an OL that has become a liability , or worse, an eyesore.

IF Craps can make me forget the above, then i , of all people, will be delighted. As it is, i expect a 2 yr college kid to come out and look like he has missed the first 1/3 of the season, and has not been practicing but a few weeks. If he looks like that, we goofed on our draft (or mcClown did). If he comes out and lights it up, then maybe, just maybe, i can become forgetful, and not resent the kid for what he did to our team.
But i can tell you this...it's gonna take one whale of a performance by craps to make me forget. In truth, i am pulling for him. Unfortunately, i think Clown just screwed us...but i would be delighted to have to eat my words.

One last thing...i would much rather craps not play for at least another 2-3 weeks, to get more physically football ready. Worst case scenario is he comes out in second qtr, with a season ending high ankle sprain, or some such, that more practice time would have prevented.

I'm down with the this powerful thread

Over eight minutes of sheer hope! Enjoy...again.

I got my champagne chillin' in the fridge...hey, I wasn't kidding about poppin' the cork...I am a man of my word.

Originally posted by Method:
Good post.

Hard to optimistic about our offense when I'm so down on our Quarterback, but damn I've been watching these Crabtree videos and he's so f**king good. Best College WR in history, and we got him. What are the chances? Can't wait for Sunday. GO NINERS!!!!

he def wasn't the best college wr in history. he is going to be a very good wr in the nfl, alot of ppl lately are comparing him to larry fitzgerald. if he could turn out to be an elite wr like that in the league of fitz,a.johnson,moss that would mean so much to this franchise.
Originally posted by Method:
Good post.

Hard to optimistic about our offense when I'm so down on our Quarterback, but damn I've been watching these Crabtree videos and he's so f**king good. Best College WR in history, and we got him. What are the chances? Can't wait for Sunday. GO NINERS!!!!

he def wasn't the best college wr in history. he is going to be a very good wr in the nfl, alot of ppl lately are comparing him to larry fitzgerald. if he could turn out to be an elite wr like that in the league of fitz,a.johnson,moss that would mean so much to this franchise.
Yup, talent is as talent does!

Looking forward to the future with Michael Crabtree!!!!

Share 49ersWebzone