There are 217 users in the forums

Alright, I am calling it big time...talent is as talent does.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
Good to know he catches bricks because that is exactly what Hill puts up.

beat me to it.

i still cant believe that shot

Impressive!
The only thing I am hoping to see from Mr. Crabtree is one simple breakaway after a catch. One nice 45 yrd run
Originally posted by ninertico:
Crabtree goes off and this thread is dedicated to that premise.

I have been thinking long and hard about this just like we do when we get together during our tailgate sessions where we let it all hang out after a few libations. Well, now is the same. After a long day at work and trying to immerse myself in something outside of the norm, I see clarity.

Talent is as talent does.

First, everyone who participates in NinerTalk knows me. I am an optimist. I drink Kool Aid (grape flava) like it is going out of style, but in my own way. I don't just blindly go into believing someone. There has to be proof, kinda of like a doubting Thomas for those who know the Jesus tale. Well, proof is in the pudding and I want a heaping spoonful.

Ever since Crabtree played football, he loved it. He practiced to get better especially with his hands. Imagine catching bricks, bricks no less. WOW! Well, that is Crabtree's background and it is on the Internet for you to browse. His love for this game is one thing, but the fact that he practiced catching bricks to strengthen his hands is another.

What does that mean to us? He didn't drop a pass in practice. Not a one. Nice! You see it on the Youtube vids where anything around him, he catches. Have you ever been on a field and seen a kid that captivated your attention to the point you said...DAMN! Talent elevates above the mediocrity and brings those with it. When you become successful, it transcends. People follow...believe.

We have longed for a #1 WR for soooooooooo long that we forgot what a true WR looks like.

That WR looks like Michael Crabtree!

I hope Sunday pops the cork.

I Like Blue Kool aid Tico. The thing about the bricks was Jerry Rice Tico. Crabtree's thing was his big brother use to throw the ball really hard and Crabs got tired of it hurting his chest. So he started catching it with hands and the rest is history.
i'm not expecting much out of him for some time. Just glad he's finally gonna see some playing time. GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of Hill, if he doesn't get his act together I would seriously think long and hard about picking up Jeff Garcia. This idea may not sound too popular among fellow zoners but I think Garcia is a better Qb than Hill.

I have been thinking long and hard about this just like we do when we get together during our tailgate sessions where we let it all hang out after a few libations. Well, now is the same. After a long day at work and trying to immerse myself in something outside of the norm, I see clarity.

First, everyone who participates in NinerTalk knows me. I am an optimist. I drink Kool Aid (grape flava) like it is going out of style, but in my own way. I don't just blindly go into believing someone. There has to be proof, kinda of like a doubting Thomas for those who know the Jesus tale. Well, proof is in the pudding and I want a heaping spoonful.

Ever since Crabtree played football, he loved it. He practiced to get better especially with his hands. Imagine catching bricks, bricks no less. WOW! Well, that is Crabtree's background and it is on the Internet for you to browse. His love for this game is one thing, but the fact that he practiced catching bricks to strengthen his hands is another.

What does that mean to us? He didn't drop a pass in practice. Not a one. Nice! You see it on the Youtube vids where anything around him, he catches. Have you ever been on a field and seen a kid that captivated your attention to the point you said...DAMN! Talent elevates above the mediocrity and brings those with it. When you become successful, it transcends. People follow...believe.

We have longed for a #1 WR for soooooooooo long that we forgot what a true WR looks like.

Michael Grabbricks IS the #1 receiver!! Great post
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by B650:
Rice caught bricks too. I'm seeing the similarities already.

Rice was fanatic about conditioning. When others had time off, his time was training. He just took his job seriously. I think Gore seems a bit like that, and I'm sure some others on the team, as well.

If Crabtree is similar, and I sure don't know that he is, then pehaps after all the long years, the 49ers finally have a guy at WR. He won't be Rice. He doesn't have a Joe or Steve back there. But if he makes other teams play him, which is what they're hoping even in this Houston game, and with Gore's return, the offense might get on track.
Originally posted by Giant9er:

C'mon now no need to insult me with the silver and black.

Originally posted by NJNiner:

Speaking of Hill, if he doesn't get his act together I would seriously think long and hard about picking up Jeff Garcia. This idea may not sound too popular among fellow zoners but I think Garcia is a better Qb than Hill.

I agree, but our front office doesnt have the mettle to do it. If they were serious about winning this year, they would do it.

Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

I agree, but our front office doesnt have the mettle to do it. If they were serious about winning this year, they would do it.

Garcia is a WCO QB and nothing more. He dinks and dunks just like Hill. He also cannot throw the deep ball. No thanx!

Great post.

I think Crabby's gonna surprise us all on Sunday--in a really, really good way.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Well he is a rook so I dont expect a whole lot from him but I will say this........ He cant play any worse than the play we have had! Just the fact that teams will game plan for him is good enough for me. Finally a Little pressure off Gore and Vernon.

if he can put out the way Desean Jackson put out i will be very pleased, but then again D-Jax had McNabb throwing to him not Hill. I think everyone will be more disappointed than pleased, not because of his output but because of his lack of opportunity, i think then is when Sing realizes that we have a stud here, we need to get the best out of him.

Garcia is a WCO QB and nothing more. He dinks and dunks just like Hill. He also cannot throw the deep ball. No thanx!

You obviously did NOT watch Jeff Garcia go to the pro bowl, what, 3 times? He can ball!

Hill couldn't even hold Garcia's jock strap! I would take Garcia in a heartbeat!

You obviously did NOT watch Jeff Garcia go to the pro bowl, what, 3 times? He can ball!

Hill couldn't even hold Garcia's jock strap! I would take Garcia in a heartbeat!

Every team he has played for ran the WCO. Even the Raiders cut him! What does that tell you? Quit living in the past. Also Garcia had TO in his prime when he was winning. Garcia is trash!
Share 49ersWebzone