There are 256 users in the forums

What's with the Hill hate lately

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Adman
  • Veteran
Why is everyone calling Hill out like he sucks or hasn't been playing well?! He played one bad game in all of his starts. He has had us in position to win every game minus the Atlanta blowout. That was his one bad game.

Everyone is saying he isn't accurate and that Alex Smith should start....Shaun is 100% more accurate than Alex is...don't you remember Alex constantly throwing behind receivers, or too high for them. Shaun's strength is his accuracy on the short to medium range passes. He is accurate all the way up to about the 30 yard range. Even his long balls have been relatively accurate. They may not look great, but his deep balls arrive in stride and on the money. Doesn't matter how the ball lands in your hands (Morgan), it was a perfectly placed "duck" and should have been caught regardless. Shaun is still the starter hands down.

Alex and his nervous feet would be running all over the place at the first glance of a defender. The only guy I would like to see play other than Shaun is Davis. He's big, got a hugeeee arm, and is crazy accurate.

Bottom line...stop all the Hill hate.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Adman:
Why is everyone calling Hill out like he sucks or hasn't been playing well?! He played one bad game in all of his starts. He has had us in position to win every game minus the Atlanta blowout. That was his one bad game.

Everyone is saying he isn't accurate and that Alex Smith should start....Shaun is 100% more accurate than Alex is...don't you remember Alex constantly throwing behind receivers, or too high for them. Shaun's strength is his accuracy on the short to medium range passes. He is accurate all the way up to about the 30 yard range. Even his long balls have been relatively accurate. They may not look great, but his deep balls arrive in stride and on the money. Doesn't matter how the ball lands in your hands (Morgan), it was a perfectly placed "duck" and should have been caught regardless. Shaun is still the starter hands down.

Alex and his nervous feet would be running all over the place at the first glance of a defender. The only guy I would like to see play other than Shaun is Davis. He's big, got a hugeeee arm, and is crazy accurate.

I stopped reading there.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by B650:

I stopped reading there.

This is a "what have you done for me lately" forum.
Hill always sucked. It's not just lately.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Even the Rams game, which was a blowout, Hill played horribly and the offense only scored 14 points.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Alex is worse so live with it !

I really argee with you. Our O-line is the main reason the offense sucks. When the line starts moving the D-line, and Hill doesn't look better the change should come. Until then we need to just deal with what we have.
[ Edited by Giant9er on Oct 20, 2009 at 7:16 PM ]
He couldn't start for many other teams... he just seems to fit here is all... for now...

McCoy '10
Because it's easier to blame Hill then admit the truth. We just aren't that good.

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Alex is worse so live with it !

He can't do much worse. Besides, he's younger. Hill is going to be 30 next season. By the time he learns how to throw a spiral, he'll be collecting social security.

The bottom line is that the only reason Hill is starting is because Singletary is the coach. He lucked out.

And all this about ONE bad game, he's had 5 bad games now. He's had 2 good drives. That's about it. I would love to see him produce, but I'm down on him, well, because he hasn't done jack this season.
I think its becuase we all kept b***hing that we wanted to throw the ball and when he was given the oppurtunity when we had to play catch up, he couldnt deliver
Sorry, he has blown s**t the whole year.

Im bored of Hill, and this topic
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
I think its becuase we all kept b***hing that we wanted to throw the ball and when he was given the oppurtunity when we had to play catch up, he couldnt deliver

Harder to throw when you're behind by 3 TDs and they're pinning their ears back bringing the house on every play. But again, that's partly Hill's fault again, since he can't beat the blitz.
The honeymoon is over.
Share 49ersWebzone