LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

RG should be Wragge?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He seems like he is the strongest out of Snyder, Himself and Chilo. Every time he comes in the game he plays above and beyond and opens up huge holes. I dont know why he keeps getting pushed down the depth chart, but Wragge seems like the logical choice IMO. Am I missing something?
[ Edited by MadMartz on Oct 19, 2009 at 9:37 PM ]
Originally posted by MadMartz:
He seems like he is the strongest out of Snyder, Himself and Chilo. Every time he comes in the game he plays above and beyond and opens up huge holes. I dont know why he keeps getting pushed down the depth chart, but Wragge seems like the logical choice IMO. Am I missing something?

Yes, but so am I
I like Wragge and I'm wondering why as well. Maybe if Baas stinks it up even more or turns out not be healthy he moves in at LG.
Put Wragge in. It can't get any worse than it already is. Baas and Rachal are both high 2nd rounders. Of course the management would like Singletary to start them. They are making the big bucks.

But it's time to get real and put in Wragge. I don't care which side they put him on... just put him in!
Im also interested to see what Boone could do at LG... Baas certainly hasnt been performing too well either and is going to be a FA in the offseason, and Boone has the athletic ability to pull on run plays (5.16 40 yd dash) along with the skills to defend against interior pass rushers.

Just some food for thought.
I remember seeing Wragge in there last year, and I was not impressed at all
Should be Justin Smiley...we overpayed for a crappy injury prone Jonas Jennings but didn't want to re-sign Smiley;I forgot so many of our draft picks have panned out
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
I remember seeing Wragge in there last year, and I was not impressed at all

Wragge and the line as a whole didnt look very good last year under Martz and his offense. But Wragge fits this road grader style offense that the Niners are trying to implement.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Put Wragge in. It can't get any worse than it already is. Baas and Rachal are both high 2nd rounders. Of course the management would like Singletary to start them. They are making the big bucks.

But it's time to get real and put in Wragge. I don't care which side they put him on... just put him in!

Personally, I think he ought to be at LG. I think we might as well start planning for life without Baas. Not that we will miss him that much.
someone help me out with scot's logic about resigning guards.

he claims that you can find serviceable guards and that re-signing them to big contracts is not something he looks to do. however, he will spend a 2nd rounder on them?

i mean, if they are so easy to find and sign, why invest a 2nd round pick on them?

am i missing something? missing a lot?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Digger25:
someone help me out with scot's logic about resigning guards.

he claims that you can find serviceable guards and that re-signing them to big contracts is not something he looks to do. however, he will spend a 2nd rounder on them?

i mean, if they are so easy to find and sign, why invest a 2nd round pick on them?

am i missing something? missing a lot?

I don't understand Scott's logic there at all. So he'll spend a 2nd round pick on a Guard, then what if they blow up during their rookie contract, then what?? Where's the O-line continuity there??

IMO, we should treat Guards the same way we would treat spending money for a CB, NT or any other position. After all, Guards are what help the running game succeed, they make it possible to run in between the tackles. We didn't break the bank this past free agency, I sure hope we do this upcoming one.
I don't understand why the organization always flip flops on Wraage. They have signed him to an extension 2 consecutive years during TC. Why not play the guy when your OL is playing so horrible? Rachal is obviously not ready to be starting.
Wragge is the game day backup to lg, c, rg, if they move him to starter they loose a valuable backup. I am not saying it cant be done but that is why he is not starting at one position.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
I don't understand why the organization always flip flops on Wraage. They have signed him to an extension 2 consecutive years during TC. Why not play the guy when your OL is playing so horrible? Rachal is obviously not ready to be starting.

Because he's a serviceable OC/LG backup. They prob. want Wragge to focus on LG to replace Baas either this season, or next.
Not impressed by his previous efforts when he was in there.. We need to leave him, Rachal, and Snyder as backups. We need to let Baas and Sims walk, as both are not all that either. We then need to get a premier FA mauler at RG, and draft a RT... This will fix our OL next year.. As for now, flip-flop Baas and Rachal. Put Baas next to Pashos and let Rachal go on the smaller/quicker left side.
Share 49ersWebzone