LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 142 users in the forums

Crabtree to start Sunday?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just a few questions coming into Crabtree's first game:

• Will passes get thrown his way?
  • Will he be involved in any trick plays?
  • Can he catch Hills punt-like passes?
  • Which man-purse will he bring to the locker room? Prada or Louis Vutton?
  • He has such a radiant smile. Does he use Rembrandt?
  • What cologne will he wear? I'm just dying to know what he will smell like.
  • Will he play more cocky since he's gonna be in Texas?
  • Will he try to locate his family in the stands on the last Hail Mary play to end the first half?
  • Does his iPod have MC Hammer songs?
  • If so, what's his favorite Hammer song?
  • Does he have an MC Hammer playlist?
  • Will he sneer at Jimmy Raye when he sees that Raye calls for running plays 90% of the time, even on 3rd and longs?
  • Where is Eugene Parker now?
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

• Will passes get thrown his way? Yes
  • Will he be involved in any trick plays? Hope not
  • Can he catch Hills punt-like passes? Yes
  • Which man-purse will he bring to the locker room? Prada
  • He has such a radiant smile. Does he use Rembrandt? No. Baking soda.
  • What cologne will he wear? Old Spice
  • Will he play more cocky since he's gonna be in Texas? Yes. It's his home town.
  • Will he try to locate his family in the stands on the last Hail Mary play to end the first half? Yes
  • Does his iPod have MC Hammer songs? Yes
  • If so, what's his favorite Hammer song? Pump It Up
  • Does he have an MC Hammer playlist? yes
  • Will he sneer at Jimmy Raye when he sees that Raye calls for running plays 90% of the time, even on 3rd and longs? yes
  • Where is Eugene Parker now? hawaii
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Crabtree starting has decoy written all over it.
Originally posted by susweel:
Crabtree starting has decoy written all over it.

singletary never actully said crabtree WOULD start. He said he might start.
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by B650:
from Lynch (take it for what you want):

Quote:
Crabtree has been impressive all around from his conditioning to his conceptualization of plays, which Raye termed, "uncanny." Teammates have also noticed that he runs every route to the end zone, something Jerry Rice and Roger Craig used to do.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=50171#ixzz0UkbgbwWz

that should give those of you looking for any semblance of a tie to the glory days something to grasp, however infinitesimal.

And he caught bricks like Rice too.

sarcasm or truth?

Well, I heard that he did, so truth.

did he catch ducks too?

confirmed!

can he catch punts?
It seems the media are pretty impress with what they see on Crabtree so far in practice. Based on their comments it seems crabtree is not a speedy type but a great route runner and great hands. Pretty excited about his potential. Hope he is worth the trouble.
MM's tweet earlier on "By the way, Crabtree made a fantastic catch today in practice. Best I've seen from a 49ers WR in 11-on-11 work since training camp".

And Even Tim Kawakami is impress with him here are some his tweets
"Quick WR appraisal: Nothing for sure until game time, but I'd say Crabtree looks like a Reggie Wayne/Hines Ward glider, play-maker type."

"Not a Randy Moss speed-demon or Anquan Boldin DB-smasher. MC is a mid-sized guy who always looks open. Pinnacle of type: Jerry Rice".
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

• Will passes get thrown his way?
  • Will he be involved in any trick plays?
  • Can he catch Hills punt-like passes?
  • Which man-purse will he bring to the locker room? Prada or Louis Vutton?
  • He has such a radiant smile. Does he use Rembrandt?
  • What cologne will he wear? I'm just dying to know what he will smell like.
  • Will he play more cocky since he's gonna be in Texas?
  • Will he try to locate his family in the stands on the last Hail Mary play to end the first half?
  • Does his iPod have MC Hammer songs?
  • If so, what's his favorite Hammer song?
  • Does he have an MC Hammer playlist?
  • Will he sneer at Jimmy Raye when he sees that Raye calls for running plays 90% of the time, even on 3rd and longs?
  • Where is Eugene Parker now?

Sure he will get passes thrown his way. I'm not sure how effective he will be though after all the missed time.

I think he can catch Hill's punt like pass. He has the best hands on the team.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 24, 2009 at 3:10 AM ]
Seems to me that the niners lack confidence and or ability in the passing offence. I see other teams risk throws with tighter coverages but where they do pretty well, we don't. IMO we seem to either lack the recievers or the qb is just not good enough. I think if Crabtree really excels then the pressure will ease on Hill. Even though Hill is accounted an accurate passer, I think he is more of an area passer where the balls are catchable but not right in there like we saw with Nate Davis. It says a lot about Alex that his wild balls are uncatchable. If he can't touch up his accuracy, I think he is gone. I was so impressed with Nate getting the ball there in the recievers hands as he is breaking open. Hell, our other qbs would have to throw on the previous play to get the ball there that quickly. If in fact Crabtree does well then the other recievers are just not worth much until we get a qb like Nate in there. If Crabtree is just like the rest of the recievers then Singletary and McCoodles have to get their asses kicked and get an OL and a QB who can do the job.
I'm ready to Crank dat Crabtree!

i thought he played well

when we got him the ball

• Pogity
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I was super-impressed with Crabtree today given the lack of time he's had with the team. The future is bright for this kid and hopefully he will help open up our offense.

He caught a few difficult passes too. His hands are every bit what they say they are.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I was super-impressed with Crabtree today given the lack of time he's had with the team. The future is bright for this kid and hopefully he will help open up our offense.

Super-impressed is an understatement. Kid is a star and we got him!!
Man crabtree smiles a whole lot infront of the cameras
A rookie WR that misses TC, arrives in week 7, starts right away and plays like he did is UNFREACKINGBELIEAVABLE.
Jimmy Raye just got a new toy!
Share 49ersWebzone