LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Crabtree to start Sunday?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • B650
  • Veteran
They need to open up the offense. I know I haven't been Hill's biggest supporter, but when you have a struggling offense that can't run or pass the ball, I think it would make sense to put some freaking playmakers out on the field. Enough with the 2 TE, WR crap over and over and over. Let's get 3 WRs out on the field, along with the TE. It's pretty obvious that out of Isaac Bruce, Michael Crabtree, Josh Morgan, Jason Hill, and Vernon Davis, ONE of them has to get open if they're all on the field. The blocking sucks anyway, so you might as well just stay in Shotgun and put as many WRs out on the field as possible. Worked last year. Hill looked like a good QB. Now he looks like he's the worst in the league. I know some of it has to do with the OC. Believe it or not, I think Hill could be a good QB if he has the right players and coaches around him.
I feel like there is a lot of pressure on Hill, Crabs and Raye to get the ball to Crabs. I hope they dont try and force it, which could end up in interceptions. It seems like since they are prob gonna start him, they will want to get him involved to show that he deserves to be starting.
  • B650
  • Veteran
I don't think Hill can force a ball to do anything.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He will be the target of at least 10 passes each game. It was negotiated into his contract by Hammer.
definitely not a concern.
Originally posted by B650:

I hope we DO force the ball to Crabtree. Our other guys are garbage. It's worth forcing it.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
definitely not a concern.

THIS
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I hope we DO force the ball to Crabtree. Our other guys are garbage. It's worth forcing it.

How can you say this? Nobody has seen Crabs play one single snap in the NFL. Just because he looks good in practice, going against nobody, doesnt mean that he is our best receiver all of the sudden

Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

How can you say this? Nobody has seen Crabs play one single snap in the NFL. Just because he looks good in practice, going against nobody, doesnt mean that he is our best receiver all of the sudden

He's already our best WR by default. The DIVA WR's are always the best WR's and this one already has a T.O. DIVA act down. That and he is being compared to a pile of trash (the other 49er WR's) which makes him the best one already.
I hope they throw the ball to him 50 times this game.
It beats running Coffee off right tackle on first, second and third downs.

Kinda harsh considering the QB can't find them half the time even when they're wide open(Morgan)

Originally posted by Super5:

Kinda harsh considering the QB can't find them half the time even when they're wide open(Morgan)

QB is also a need. IMO another shot for Alex Smith wouldn't be bad. He obviously has a better arm than Hill.
Originally posted by Super5:

Hahaaaa.
Share 49ersWebzone